Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why Mary Jane Holland was removed from the setlist

Sad Kid

Featured Posts

Not as much as I used to recently, I accidently dissed Taylor Swift for her 'Shake It Off' song saying no one could ever top Florence and the Machine's song of the same name... to then realise it was actually 'Shake It Out'. The shame drove me away!

aww :hug: :p

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaDragon

she's tired of it probably and i think she wants to move on from a lot of the ARTPOP era songs.

she removed it because it reminds her of marijuana and that was in a different time of her life and she doesnt want to be reminded of it anymore..

Then why on earth would she add Dope to the set list? ;)

dope is about heroin.... 

It's about d--gs and alcohol in general.... lol She says it before she plays it at her shows....she even jokd the other day that she "made it to step 6" (AA or whatever). ;) And you don;t really believe that she gave up marijuana do you? :p

yes... she said she gaved it up? why would she lie

Then why did she post a pic of her with a trumpet "pipe" with a caption like "about to hit a high note" recently? I don't think she's totally given up, just not as much as before. ;) She also said she quit smoking...:rip: lol

what?/? she did that?

im so upset... i cant believe it. why gaga? 

Yeah she did - after one of the Canadian shows actually.

we know... i just told it in the page before this one

What you said the page before is supposedly the reason she wasn't singing Dope at the start of the tour actually - that it was in the past and she didn't want to think about that time.

MelbHawker

I so wish MJH was still in the setlist. She only sings half of Swine/DWUW etc. She can fit it in! lol

dope is about heroin.... 

'Dope' is a slang term for Marijuana though. 

Darcklighter22

she removed it because it reminds her of marijuana and that was in a different time of her life and she doesnt want to be reminded of it anymore..

:dies:  ...right she's pure now and holds back from randomly smoking every now and then...like that time she smoked in the vappor shop in Canada (and any other time that wasn't tweeted or that we are most likely unaware of)...she's human and that's ok....most of you who get really upset about her still smoking probably haven't even smoked before, or done much research on it at all. She could be still doing coke now that I would get concerned about.

I so wish MJH was still in the setlist. She only sings half of Swine/DWUW etc. She can fit it in! lol

'Dope' is a slang term for Marijuana though. 

I hope the tour DVD they try to get it as lengthy as possible.

SEX MUFFIN

My show is in 2 days...so sad it never go added again. It was the song I was sooooo excited for :(

glockenpop

Didn't Madeon say the song was produced with Gaga but the "Can't Beat the Machines" was created after when The Good Natured heard the song and wanted the instrumental if Gaga didn't use the song?

I think its because someone leaked the song Cant beat the Machines and criticized Gaga from recycling a song and even her song writing. That was so messed up Mary Jane Holland was distances away from that song and everyone knows Gaga has a major part of writing her songs. Anyways i really hope that she introduces again her alter ego Mary Jane Holland live. Any other ideas??

ehm...MJH was in work by Gaga e Madeon when the group who recorded can't beat the machines pull out the remix. In fact back in the days Madeon himself said that the song was not legit because it was a demo based on a melodic line composed by an artists (gaga)

rymAIbE.jpg

Archived