💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Rita Ora delays album, Calvin bans her from using his songs

StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

Banning her from performing at the Teen Choice Awards was only the beginning, it seems...

This break-up seems to be getting messier by the day.

Rita Ora has confirmed that her second album has been postponed.

Originally due for release later this year, Rita revealed at a fashion event in New York that it now won't be available until January 2015.

The delay is apparently due to the fact that her ex boyfriend, Calvin Harris, produced a handful of the songs and is now reportedly banning her from releasing them.

Ouch - he really is bitter about something.

This revelation follows Rits storming away from an interview after being asked about her old flame.

The British star seemed her usual bubbly self as she discussed her new single on camera with The Associated Press, but the mood dramatically changed when the dreaded ex was mentioned.

Clearly not at all prepared for the question, Rita's face visibly dropped when the interviewer said: "There's been a lot of rumours about Calvin Harris not releasing some of your stuff..."

Before he could even form a question, Rita gave her best pearly-white grin, said "thank you" and disappeared out of shot.

Someone isn't happy!

Rita and Calvin broke up a couple of months ago, with Rita insisting at the time that it was amicable and she still kind of loves him.

However, the bad blood between the pair started to show when Calvin banned Rita from performing at the Teen Choice Awards, mega awks.

Things went from bad to worse when Rita spoke out to American host Ryan Seacrest, confirming that Calvin was definitely  the reason why she didn't perform, saying: "For anybody who doesn't understand how it works, he (that's Calvin) produced the song.

"So he has to approve anything TV-wise... Obviously he owns the rights to it and he didn't approve the Teen Choice Awards."

Calv DID NOT take too kindly to Rita speaking out and went on a mega Twitter rant to slam her, ranting:

"You'll only know 1 side of the story RE Teen choice awards because I choose not to talk to the papers about every aspect of my personal life.

"But just know I had a damn good reason."

Meow.

This mention of a "damn good reason" did get us raking our brains though, and we remembered a rumour from a couple of months back that at the time just appeared to be too far-fetched to be true but was now looking more and more likely...

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/gossip/omg/rita-ora-confirms-album-delay-following-calvin-harris-split-after-storming-out-of-interview-073530681.html

This is one of the juiciest celebrity stories this year. Rita's private life and character have been called into serious question this year. Accusations of her two-timing lovers, using people to further her career and copying Rihanna have been hot topics recently. But if there's one thing to be learned from this Calvin debacle is that as an artist, it's better to write your own songs. It makes things SO much more easier.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She should be happy. This is great exposure and it's coming just when Black Widow is doing well.

Good for her tbh. 

thathimerosguy

she's such a hoe, i love her! keep it up Rita Hoera tumblr_inline_n4kgm839Zs1qfemna.gif

as for calvin, wat a bitter **** lmfaoo grow up

Redstreak

I've seen middle schoolers act with more class over a break up.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Banning her from performing at the Teen Choice Awards was only the beginning, it seems...

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/gossip/omg/rita-ora-confirms-album-delay-following-calvin-harris-split-after-storming-out-of-interview-073530681.html

This is one of the juiciest celebrity stories this year. Rita's private life and character have been called into serious question this year. Accusations of her two-timing lovers, using people to further her career and copying Rihanna have been hot topics recently. But if there's one thing to be learned from this Calvin debacle is that as an artist, it's better to write your own songs. It makes things SO much more easier.

True, but whether Calvin or Rita wrote them, he still produced them and would still have the permission to keep her from releasing them.

Paper Planes

I knew it would be delayed, but I'm kind of disappointed. The lead single was actually pretty good.

delete it fat

Willy Wonka

Whatever the reason, the way this is playing out is making him look like a massive dick.

Archived