Featured Posts

LordDisick

I must have super unique taste :emma:

Oh well, at least someone appreciates the song :nick:

the lyrics are the worst part imo

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The album has good music, she worked with amazing people, but overall it lacks maturity, personallity, depth and Meaning, when i listen to it i'm not like wow this is innovative, or woah this girl is really special, its just like" yeah this girl can sing and has nice songs" but i learned nothing about her..

Favourite tracks: Love Me Harder, Be My Baby, Break Your Heart Right Back, the intro and Hands on Me.

This is exactly my thought on this album  :golfclap:

Dangerous Man

Harry Styles please, we know you're in love with Louis, but if you're gonna write for Ariana Grande don't pull 3rd grade poems and turn them into love songs, k thanks :awkney:

:lmao:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

ItsTommyBitch

I think its interesting that so many of Ariana's love songs come from a perspective of turning adversity into strength. Whether its lyrically or sonically, the melancholy undertones of the songs are almost always masked by an either sassy or cheerful or energetic sound, be it her voice's emotional range or just how the song is composed.

Its interesting to me :shrug:

I feel happy listening to most all of the album (minus JALBOYH basically) but some of her lyrical content is actually a bit sad.

Ariana actually co-wrote all of her own bonus tracks (they were all originally on the album when she debuted them on that live stream) and I feel like the personality of the album kind of comes from them.

Its more mature than Yours Truly easily :laughga:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Dangerous Man

I kinda felt it too. :)

ItsTommyBitch

I kinda felt it too. :)

Felt what? :emma:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Dangerous Man

Felt what? :emma:

Like what you have said. The album really has this dark message but it was accompanied with energetic and cheerful tunes. With that being said, this album is trying to make all the mistakes, struggles, weaknesses of Ariana into her strength.

Psychedelic

I just listened to it, it's very good but sort of boring... I wanted more 'Break Free' type of tracks!

ItsTommyBitch

I just listened to it, it's very good but sort of boring... I wanted more 'Break Free' type of tracks!

Im glad that the album was a little more Urban R&B meets Pop and a bit of everything at the same time.

The EDM on Break Free, kinda One Last Time, and Be My Baby was honestly just enough for me though :laughga: (Especially Be My Baby being some kind of crossover gem :emo: )

I think the 4 deluxe tracks Only 1 You dont know me, Cadillac Song and Too Close on the standard would have made for a much more cohesive R&B-Pop sound and seemed more like an Ariana effort because there wouldnt be so many collabs, but im just glad they made the deluxe editions, they are all great songs and some of my faves :party:

I think its interesting that so many of Ariana's love songs come from a perspective of turning adversity into strength. Whether its lyrically or sonically, the melancholy undertones of the songs are almost always masked by an either sassy or cheerful or energetic sound, be it her voice's emotional range or just how the song is composed.

Its interesting to me :shrug:

I feel happy listening to most all of the album (minus JALBOYH basically) but some of her lyrical content is actually a bit sad.

Ariana actually co-wrote all of her own bonus tracks (they were all originally on the album when she debuted them on that live stream) and I feel like the personality of the album kind of comes from them.

Its more mature than Yours Truly easily :laughga:

I find this interesting as well. Not comparing the two at all, but it's kinda like when Gaga delved into her fears with strong, thumping dance beats with TFM.

I think there is growth and maturity on this album.

With Yours Truly, the lyrics are those of an innocent beginner in love. There are some subtle s-xual themes, but it seems like she's yearning for love in a position where she's almost begging for it. Simple themes such as "we were almost in love but there was miscommunication" and loving the way someone makes you feel. How you will always be a part of someone's heart, how you could have been in love. It's almost as if she wants love but gives up upon getting it. There's songs about her desiring for her songs to be on the radio.

In My Everything, the lyrics are those of a lover more in control. Her viewpoint of leaving someone is that she has one less problem without them. She can break free from someone now. She only wants to date someone who knows how to love her, as in BMB, and she has standards ("I'll give you all my trust, if you don't mess this up. You ain't trying to get the other girls when you're in the club." and "If you want to keep me, you gotta gotta gotta gotta got to Love Me Harder.) She's now looking for vengeance when heartbroken. It takes on more direct s-xual themes such as in Hands On Me. She has the maturity to push her pride away in the title track. Best Mistake shows that she knows the relationship is failing, and that she wants to cut through all the bull**** to just understand that they aren't going to work out. She wants to get with a taken guy regardless of the other girl's feelings because of her own needs.

Overall, except for JALBOYH. My Everything has a lyrical standpoint of dominance, while Yours Truly is rather submissive. I wouldn't call My Everything's lyrical content more mature, I would say that it describes someone who has enough experience in love to know what they want. The desire is meant to be personal, natural and human, although the decisions made aren't entirely mature or the right things to do. But that's what makes it so relatable to people.

I do prefer My Everything to Yours Truly.

Dangerous Man

My Everything is the best ballad among the three (with Best Mistake and Jus A Little Bit Of Your Heart) imo.

It grows a lot on me and now one of my fave tracks from the album.

juicyjuicy

It's a pretty good album - but I have to give full credit to the production and songwriting team (yes, I am aware she "helped" co-write two songs too).

I don't like her vocals, look, personality, or lack of stage presence. I feel like any up & coming generic pop artist could've recorded these songs. She didn't really "add" anything special to the tracks. They felt a little soulless to me.

Sorry. Just my honest opinion.

Archived