💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga educates the little microscopers of "Oh no they didn't"

Enigmatica

Featured Posts

Gov Hooka

Your comment was really offensive  :excuseme:

oh please, the moment a language and script starts making people going bonkers then we have issues. :roll:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i doubt her japanese fans really care about this. meanwhile the only "offended" people are just a couple of butthurt users on an online forum. sounds familiar when you consider GGD.

oh i know. i did say the japanese fans who are complaining specifically.

the tweet is the title of an article referring to japanese people feeling that gaga's attire was racially insensitive. you ought to care about the article if you care about being accurate in what we're discussing. and i can be pedantic too - a person's opinion on whether or not something is racist is not the same as making multiple false claims about something.

That title is not what the original title was... 

And while it's nice to think that opinions can't be wrong, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with that. 

SychosSoChic

educate dem

tutor dem

fail dem

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

That title is not what the original title was... 

And while it's nice to think that opinions can't be wrong, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with that. 

uh, depends on your definition of opinion. opinions that are objective are facts, not opinions. pretty sure subjective opinions, as in your feelings on something, can't be wrong because they are not truth claims. i might claim a circle is square shaped but it's not true. that's false because it's not a fact. if my opinion is that circles are circular, that is not an opinion, it is a fact. if i feel that something is racially insensitive, whether or not it was deliberate does not make the opinion on racial insensitivity objectively false.

uh, depends on your definition of opinion. opinions that are objective are facts, not opinions. pretty sure subjective opinions, as in your feelings on something, can't be wrong because they are not truth claims. i might claim a circle is square shaped but it's not true. that's false because it's not a fact. if my opinion is that circles are circular, that is not an opinion, it is a fact. if i feel that something is racially insensitive, whether or not it was deliberate does not make the opinion on racially insensitivity objectively false.

It might not, but this person wasn't actually offended, they just wanted to get hits so they called her racially insensitive and a racist. If they were to make a real argument as to why they felt that way, then a more open discussion would be warranted.

But they are making racism claims about something that almost certainly doesn't relate to them and without having all the facts. In any case, calling gaga racist is ridiculous. 

ChasingGhosts

Your comment was really offensive :excuseme:

:lmao:
Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

It might not, but this person wasn't actually offended, they just wanted to get hits so they called her racially insensitive and a racist. If they were to make a real argument as to why they felt that way, then a more open discussion would be warranted.

But they are making racism claims about something that almost certainly doesn't relate to them and without having all the facts. In any case, calling gaga racist is ridiculous. 

but the sole thing you are going by is the 8 word title, which doesn't call her a racist. it makes reference to the opinion of the japanese fans who are quoted as saying so in the article. it's only the title. yes, it is headline grabbing. but it is only an adumbration of the article. and they didn't say she was racist. calling someone racially insensitive, deliberate or not, is not the same as calling someone a racist.

Enigmatica

but the sole thing you are going by is the 8 word title, which doesn't call her a racist. it makes reference to the opinion of the japanese fans who are quoted as saying so in the article. it's only the title. yes, it is headline grabbing. but it is only an adumbration of article. and they didn't say she was racist. calling someone racially insensitive, deliberate or not, is not the same as calling someone a racist.

Stop fighting and listen to Venus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP3ctBs3510

but the sole thing you are going by is the 8 word title, which doesn't call her a racist. it makes reference to the opinion of the japanese fans who are quoted as saying so in the article. it's only the title. yes, it is headline grabbing. but it is only an adumbration of the article. and they didn't say she was racist. calling someone racially insensitive, deliberate or not, is not the same as calling someone a racist.

Lady Gaga upsets Japan with racially insensitive couture! #ladygaga #raceracism

Is raceracism a term that I don't know? Because as far as I can tell that's accusing her of being racist. 

Lady Gaga upsets Japan with racially insensitive couture! #ladygaga #raceracism

Is raceracism a term that I don't know? Because as far as I can tell that's accusing her of being racist. 

it's race / racism, because if you checked the article (!) that is how they tagged it on the site, at the bottom. race / racism. if you click on the tag, it takes you to all of their articles that are involved in race and racism discussions. it is not an accusation of being a racist. it's a pertinent tag. plus, they tag all their tweets.

Archived