Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Carrie Underwood reported to do SuperBowl halftime show 2015

LordDisick

Featured Posts

Liam Germanotta

The whole world is not watching. Most of the views are from the US. I mean they do air the show in many countries but most people around the world don't even know what the Superbowl is. Now if this was the World Cup...

sure

but it has some attention worldwide

probably the same attention the world cup has in the US lol

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FFXSoul91

I'm not here for you guys hating on Carrie when she could ousting your faves any day.

Not the one I was hoping for, but she isn't a bad choice either. With an impressive portfolio of multi-platinum albums and a string of #1 country hits since 2005, she deserves the spot.ย 

StrawberryBlond

Oh dear me, they're really clutching at straws now. The choices to perform are so few that they're considering going for an American Idol winner who's had two hits in the US (and I say "hits" loosely as they've had basically no impact over time) and has had absolutely no international hits or presence outwith Canada and Australia. Seriously, look at Carrie's international single/album sales and her international tour dates to get a good idea how absolutely irrelevant she is in the rest of the world. Even the US southerners won't have heard 90% of her 15 minute set. Besides, her style of music is hardly the kind to get you moving and grooving like past performers. Pretty ridiculous how she can be considered for this spot but Kelly Clarkson, a fellow AI winner, who's had a lot more hits and international appeal than Carrie, has never performed. Let's face it, a huge portion of the international viewers are not watching for the game, but for that famous halftime show and its performer. Let's just say if they hear the unknown name of Carrie Underwood, those ratings are going to go right down.

It's an American game and people here are really overestimating the amount of people who care about the super bowl internationally. The amount of Australians I know that watch any part of the US super bowl live, is probably about the same amount of Americans you know who watch the AFL grand final. Approximately 0.

ย 

Carrie Underwood makes sense, she is a big star in America and she appeals to a key demographic for them. Better choice than Bruno.

Oh dear me, they're really clutching at straws now. The choices to perform are so few that they're considering going for an American Idol winner who's had two hits in the US (and I say "hits" loosely as they've had basically no impact over time) and has had absolutely no international hits or presence outwith Canada and Australia. Seriously, look at Carrie's international single/album sales and her international tour dates to get a good idea how absolutely irrelevant she is in the rest of the world. Even the US southerners won't have heard 90% of her 15 minute set. Besides, her style of music is hardly the kind to get you moving and grooving like past performers. Pretty ridiculous how she can be considered for this spot but Kelly Clarkson, a fellow AI winner, who's had a lot more hits and international appeal than Carrie, has never performed. Let's face it, a huge portion of the international viewers are not watching for the game, but for that famous halftime show and its performer. Let's just say if they hear the unknown name of Carrie Underwood, those ratings are going to go right down.

ย 

Kelly Clarkson would have been so much better of a choice! Songs like Miss Independent, Breakaway, Since U Been Gone, Behind These Hazel Eyes, My Life Would Suck Without You, and Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) are very recognizable and would make for a fantastic, energetic halftime performance. Instead we get the pretty blonde country singer singing about bad boyfriends and Jesus. ย  :giveup:

RAMROD

Carrie?! Has she even had a Hot 100 #1 single yet? I don't she has enough iconic/popular songs to keep 100 million+ viewers nationwide entertained for twelve minutes.

Jesus takes the wheel.

So popular it becones meme.

(๏พ‰โ—•ใƒฎโ—•)๏พ‰โœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ with birds I share this lonely view (*ยด่‰ธ๏ฝ€*) โ™กโ™กโ™ก

I Like Carrie.......she will be just fine!

ย 

http://youtu.be/pJgoHgpsb9I

Mars..........or bust!

Whispering

...and has had absolutely no international hits or presence outwith Canada and Australia. Seriously, look at Carrie's international single/album sales and her international tour dates to get a good idea how absolutely irrelevant she is in the rest of the world.. Let's face it, a huge portion of the international viewers are not watching for the game, but for that famous halftime show and its performer. Let's just say if they hear the unknown name of Carrie Underwood, those ratings are going to go right down.

ย 

According to Initiative Sports Futures, an independent global sports consultancy their research says that in recent years, the number of people who have watched the Super Bowl has varied from around 80-112 million people. Thatรƒยขรขโ€šยฌรขโ€žยขs extremely impressive, but perhaps less so on a global scale when you consider that an estimated 98% of those viewers are from North America, with about 97% of that amount coming from the United States.

ย 

The advertisers are aiming their ads at the 98% of viewers from North America. And that's what it comes down to in the end...money! :)

Dangerous Man

A country singer for the super bowl? Meh.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Archived