Featured Posts

would've preferred Miranda Lambert tbh

Who's that? :)

Mars..........or bust!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LStephens11

This isn't confirmed just so everybody knows. The NHL is probably in negotiations with several artists right now and Carrie is one of those artists. They don't announce who is performing for at least another 3 weeks and the performer could change.

NFL*

I hope this is an entire troll post before I drag you

:tea:

How is this trolling? I don't think she's very big outside of the country market even though she's had some crossover success. There are lot of rock and hip hop/R&B fans among other genres that are big NFL fans and might not know her at all.

If she's had some massive success I'm unaware of for some reason, please enlighten me.

2011 Golden Globe-nominee, Best Original Song

Six Grammys out of 10 nominations; second Country artist ever to have won Best New Artist Grammy, 2007.

2008 Grand Ole Opry member inductee

Almay makeup spokeswoman

23-time nominee of the Academy of Country Music

Fourth highest selling artist in the United States who have debuted in the past decade, behind Taylor Swift, 50 Cent & Michael Buble

16 million albums worldwide

30 million records worldwide

Best-selling American Idol alum

4 #1 albums on the country charts out of 4 released studio albums

3 #1 albums on the Billboard 200 all genre album chart out of 4 released said albums

Out of 18 released records to country radio, all but 6 have reached #1; the rest have reached #2, #4 & #7.

Her two collaborative singles with Brad Paisley ("Remind Me") and Miranda Lambert ("Somethin' Bad") as a guest vocalist have hit #1

Her collaboration with Miranda Lambert, released May 2014, is the first #1 by a female duo in over 20 years

Sunday Night Football theme song singer

Played Maria von Trapp in the 2013 NBC version of The Sound of Music

Yes. Carrie Underwood is insanely popular.

NFL*

:tea:

2011 Golden Globe-nominee, Best Original Song

Six Grammys out of 10 nominations; second Country artist ever to have won Best New Artist Grammy, 2007.

2008 Grand Ole Opry member inductee

Almay makeup spokeswoman

23-time nominee of the Academy of Country Music

Fourth highest selling artist in the United States who have debuted in the past decade, behind Taylor Swift, 50 Cent & Michael Buble

16 million albums worldwide

30 million records worldwide

Best-selling American Idol alum

4 #1 albums on the country charts out of 4 released studio albums

3 #1 albums on the Billboard 200 all genre album chart out of 4 released said albums

Out of 18 released records to country radio, all but 6 have reached #1; the rest have reached #2, #4 & #7.

Her two collaborative singles with Brad Paisley ("Remind Me") and Miranda Lambert ("Somethin' Bad") as a guest vocalist have hit #1

Her collaboration with Miranda Lambert, released May 2014, is the first #1 by a female duo in over 20 years

Sunday Night Football theme song singer

Played Maria von Trapp in the 2013 NBC version of The Sound of Music

Yes. Carrie Underwood is insanely popular.

Well done sir!

Mars..........or bust!

LStephens11

Well done sir!

:hug: Thank you!

Carrie is my girl! I've been a fan since Day 1, literally.

Herself and Miranda Lambert are queens tbh

DanceGaga.gif

Whispering

I get what you're saying about how about 98% of the viewers are American and Carrie is a huge artist in America and is a favourite to sing the anthem at football games. But the fact remains at the end of the day that her hit catalogue is extremely limited to the point where only her superfans will recognise every song she sings. Normally, only legendary acts perform because their songs are well known and the audience can get behind that. Most of that audience will be men and I guarantee they know next to nothing abour Carrie other than she was on American Idol. . I fail to see how the audience can be excited for an act when they have no idea what's going to come out of their mouth. She's hardly going to have amazing choreography or anthem type songs either. She's a ballad singer. How's that going to work at the Superbowl?

Superfans? Anyone who has ever listened to country music in any way over the last decade is going to have heard her songs. People who have listened to HAC radio will have heard several of her songs. Bruno Mars isn't a legendary act and he performed last year. My mom, grandparents aunts and uncles "thought he had a nice voice", but had never heard of a single song that he sung. They will all know who Carrie is and they will know many of her songs.

Unlike Pop, 50% of country radio's audience is men and Carrie is played on country radio stations like Katy Perry is played on Pop radio. 46% of the Super Bowl's audience will be females.

Many of Carrie's hits have been upbeat songs. She is not a ballad singer. Dancing and choreography is not a requirement for performers for the half-time show. Otherwise, they wouldn't of had people like Bruce Springsteen as the half-time act. Carrie will bring some people on to do duets with her...the acts usually do that to spice things up a bit. Then there are the dancers and stage effects, etc. She isn't going to stand in one spot, in an evening gown and sing 5 ballads in a row. :smh:

DeleteMyAccount

I get what you're saying about how about 98% of the viewers are American and Carrie is a huge artist in America and is a favourite to sing the anthem at football games. But the fact remains at the end of the day that her hit catalogue is extremely limited to the point where only her superfans will recognise every song she sings. Normally, only legendary acts perform because their songs are well known and the audience can get behind that. Most of that audience will be men and I guarantee they know next to nothing abour Carrie other than she was on American Idol. And Carrie's albums have sold progressively worse as time has gone on, so her recent work has become less and less well known. I fail to see how the audience can be excited for an act when they have no idea what's going to come out of their mouth. She's hardly going to have amazing choreography or anthem type songs either. She's a ballad singer. How's that going to work at the Superbowl?

She's a vocalist AND a rocker.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLLMzr3PFgk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJgoHgpsb9I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaSy8yy-mr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx9PJfrhwFI

LoveandMagic

I don't much care for Country music and don't know much about Carrie, but her resumé seems very impressive and therefore I think she is a fine choice for the Superbowl. She's safe (family friendly), well liked (non-controversial), and has hits. She will probably cater her show for the needs of the Superbowl so she'll probably play her more energetic songs.

I do live for her song, "Two Black Cadillacs" though. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

DeleteMyAccount

I don't much care for Country music and don't know much about Carrie, but her resumé seems very impressive and therefore I think she is a fine choice for the Superbowl. She's safe (family friendly), well liked (non-controversial), and has hits. She will probably cater her show for the needs of the Superbowl so she'll probably play her more energetic songs.

I do live for her song, "Two Black Cadillacs" though. 

I love that song too.  :legend:

Whispering

After seeing the BB article...At least Carrie can sing live! (and extremely well at that!)

Archived