💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is there anything iconic/memorable about the ARTPOP era?

Bambino

Featured Posts

ByeBye49

Nothing is iconic like the meat dress but a few smaller scale things are -

artRAVE

The mini Applause era

DWUW performances 

The medias backlash on her  :awkney:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kitana

DWYW was the single-most cringe-worthy performance Gaga has ever done, not like the world class performer she is. It was a mess. If she and R. Kelly had gone out there and sung their asses off, they would have blown everybody away. Instead, she went out there with that mess of a "choreography" and looked like someone who hadn't even made it yet in the business.

iTunes Fest was glorious, and she showed why she's one of the biggest musical stars out there today,not just in the pop realm. It was captivating, and what a return to the stage.

yes, because thats all she did at snl. one performance, not 3. and no sketches at all, nope. nothing

You will learn respect!

All of these things are memorable but nobody has multiple iconic moments.... thats not to say that these memorable things she does aren't f**king awesome. 

IN REALITY her iconic moments are probably restricted to

1. The Meat Dress.

2. The Paparazzi VMA performance.

You really have to think about what iconic means, it's not just what people who are looking see. It's about what everybody knows about! 

Britney

1. VMA Snake/Slave

Madonna

1. Cone Bra 

i like to think applause will be remembered through time...

guess whos up in this bitch

Aga Gydal

The Applause single cover/makeup and the SXSW vomit performance are probably the big two footnotes for this era. I hope the seashell bikini look gets remembered too, because it's one of my favorites.

Overall there have been some good visual motifs this era but it was a bit too much of a mish mash. ARTPOP was trying to be too many things at once but was sadly a master of none.

Goosey

No, nothing iconic.

Go ask random people of all ages (NOT STANS) to name things about Lady Gaga. They will probably mention a few things including:

-meat dress

-Bad Romance

-disco stick

-Born This Way

etc.

But they will never mention "flying dress" or "Koons" or "ARTPOP".

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

ChicaSkas

ARTPOP Up Galleries + GUY Museum

The confetti at Artraves

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

I agree with those who say that there wasn't anything truly iconic about the ARTPOP era, at least nothing she did herself.
But I do have to say that all the negative press and backlash she received from the media was one of a kind.
Sadly, that's the only thing people will remember from the ARTPOP era.

PopBitch

I'd like to consider her performance of Applause at the 2013 VMAs as 'iconic' in the sense of being memorable / would be memorable for a rather long period of time, especially amongst pop music pundits and followers. Why? It's her second time to open the VMAs and not all artists could have the bragging rights to say it. Second, the opening performances / moments at the VMAs are arguably the most memorable / iconic of the entire awards show's history - from the 1984 'Like A Virgin' performance of Madonna to the 1994 kiss of Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley to the 2003 performance of Madonna w/ the two pop princesses at that time to the 2007 performance of Britney Spears, and the list goes on and on. It's always hard to forget the one who opened the show, especially if they did something extraordinary.

The Applause performance was no ordinary performance. The theatrics, the recorded boos, the costume changes, everything about it are possibly the most memorable moment of ARTPOP for the watching public. It was her television 'comeback' for most people after the hip injury, and for me and for the rest of the fans who helped Applause stay within the top 10 of the HOT 100 after that performance, she didn't disappoint.

Miley Cyrus' antics overshadowed Gaga completely and was all that was talked about for weeks, if not months. That was the iconic performance at the VMAs and what will always be remembered (but not for Miley's talent in that performance). Gaga was barely mentioned because of that. It had to have been frustrating for Gaga.

Zsolti

dwuw video

asia

seashell girl

applause

"yaaassss"

"slay"

swine at sxsw

itunes festival

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

Sister

It's been highly dramatic at every move since the start and that is pretty funny since the people outside of her fan base would say that Lady Gaga went dull during this time and they call it boring.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived