Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga tweets about Robin Williams, mentions BTW Foundation

Hellspont

Featured Posts

daviddarko

Can we NOT turn this thread into a stupid b---h fest? She cares about issues like depression, which is why she created this foundation, and sometimes people dont have an outlet to go to. Just stop.

I love U :applause:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, **** some of you. Honestly. Drag her all you want about her music and art, but how dare some of you turn this into a thread for dragging her about mentioning the BTWF.

How dare you take a beautiful tweet that not only provides help for people who suffer from mental illnesses, but also pays tribute to someone who has touched many people.

Seriously, grow the **** up and know when it's appropriate to drag someone. FYI, when they're sending a thoughtful tweet about someone who has JUST passed away, it's NOT okay. It's disrespectful.

Ambrosia

Well, perhaps she feels her fans are more apt to turn to the BTWF rather than a suicide hotline.  As long as people who are hurting use something to get the help they need, it doesn't matter which direction they go.

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

Bye troll

Adding you to the list of people who didn't understand my post.

Spyro the Dragon

Oh god, she's gonna get dragged for bringing the born this way foundation into this. :rip:

Before I read your post I was thinking exactly that!! I find it quite distasteful that she mentions her foundation like this, but whatever. I'm sure her intentions are real. Couldn't she just tweet the suicide hotline instead of her own website tho? =_= All that website does it show the hotline telephone number anyway when you look for help.

That's sad how he ended his life... I always thought that comedy and depression ware opposite things, like if you're depressed you can't laugh and if you laugh you can't be depressed... 

I was wondering that also, she had BTWF bus for the BTWB tour US leg. Why there wasn't no bus for the ArtRave  :huh:

Actually, people who have depression can try to hide it, and acting like a clown, or trying to be funny is one way of doing that. Like they don't want others to know how much mental pain they feel, so you know, if they seem all funny and cheerful then people won't notice (I do this myself so...).

There has been a little van with BTWB artwork parked out the front of shows, but not the full on bus. I was hoping it would be there - I didn't get a chance to see it last tour (cancelled shows :( ).

Well, perhaps she feels her fans are more apt to turn to the BTWF rather than a suicide hotline.  As long as people who are hurting use something to get the help they need, it doesn't matter which direction they go.

:)  :applause:

I don't understand why "normal" people (ie not the trolls and haters coz they gonna hate anyway) would have an issue with her trying to help.

Ambrosia

:)  :applause:

I don't understand why "normal" people (ie not the trolls and haters coz they gonna hate anyway) would have an issue with her trying to help.

Exactly!  She is giving her fans options.  The more options we have available to us, the more people we believe care about us, the greater the chance of saving a life.  

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

LoveandMagic

I love his movies so much <3 R.I.P Robin

He is definitely missed. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Willy Wonka

That's sad how he ended his life... I always thought that comedy and depression ware opposite things, like if you're depressed you can't laugh and if you laugh you can't be depressed...

I was wondering that also, she had BTWF bus for the BTWB tour US leg. Why there wasn't no bus for the ArtRave :huh:

Comedians are often extremely troubled or have experienced traumatic events. Like Kathy Griffin, she was molested by her brother. Joan Rivers has gone through bouts of severe depression and has been near suicide. Chris Farley and John Belushi were d--g addicts. Carol Burnett's parents were alcoholics and virtually abandoned her with her grandma.

The Laugh Factory, the legendary LA comedy venue, has an in-house therapy program.

Comedians are generally not happy people.

Whispering

20/20 on ABC had an hour long special on Robin Williams tonight. A segment of the show focused on Depression, and Gaga's two tweets were shown and read, along with a few other tweets from other well known celebrities who have struggled with the illness.

ByeBye49

R.I.P

Anyway her tweet about the BTWF was meant with good intentions so it's not a big deal.  :)

If there is one thing I have learned about working with depressed people is how they appreciate that there are sources to programs/outlets that could help them because they are unaware of all the help available to them....

For those of you criticizing her for this maybe you should actually try being more involved and understand why Gaga decided to mention it rather than dragging her or talking about the public backlash it will cause... :coffee:

If it even saved one person's life the tweet was worth it

LadyCaligula

Oh god, she's gonna get dragged for bringing the born this way foundation into this. :rip:

Of course she is..its the first time she's mentioned it in months.

I like her idea of mentioning it, but honestly, I think the BTWF is so underdeveloped and vague on its website, meh. I mean, when you're dealing with depression I can't imagine you're helped in any way by visiting that website, personally.

Edit: Except for the phone numbers, obviously. But that's hardly a BTWF initiative.

For me, its just a way of her inserting herself in the situation. There was literally no reason to mention it since she hasnt in the past six months really... Its been years and so far this is a foundation that remains quite inactive and mysterious. Its an idea that should be disbanded if its not going to be actually doing something. But then again, any exposure this sort of issue gets is good. IDK I just get a weird feeling with the BTWF

BTWF site is down. Great timing.

prob been down for months, nobody would notice. Did the Born Brave buses follow the artrave tour in the us?

Archived