Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Industry predictions: Cheek 2 Cheek 90k in the UK, more than ARTPOP

Gypsy Life

Featured Posts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

Tony bennetts last album only debuted at #5 in the uk though?

And 90k implies it would be #1

Yes but Gaga's last album debuted at #1 in the UK.

• 3 weeks later...
Cody Draco

Yes but Gaga's last album debuted at #1 in the UK.

Gaga has never released a jazz album before. ARTPOP and C2C can't be compared imo. C2C and Tony's albums can be compared.

VforVendetta

Gaga has never released a jazz album before. ARTPOP and C2C can't be compared imo. C2C and Tony's albums can be compared.

Obviously but the biggest % of first week sales come from the fanbase.

Cody Draco

Obviously but the biggest % of first week sales come from the fanbase.

Jazz sells differently than Pop though.

Diamond Heart

I dont think this is a good estimate tbh, I mean im not entirely sure on what kind of support/fanbase tony has in the UK but from Gaga's perspective i just think this number is too high. I think ARTPOP opened with like 40,000 or something around about that, and i was surprised tbh, the backlash against Gaga here (well in my personal experience with people i know etc.) has been staggering, lots of people i know write her off without hearing her material because of this group mentality that shes 'over' perpetrated by the media. Plus i literally dont know anyone apart from stans who know about C2C. There has been like zero promotion in regard to the UK. Maybe the Itunes festival will give them/Tony a decent amount of exposure. 

However, im still buying it, im still super excited. I couldnt care less whether or not C2C is financially successful, ive wanted a jazz album from gaga since i first heard her sing at the piano, and now were getting one !  :excited2:

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

In order to sell that amount in the UK, I think Tony and Gaga would need to make some television appearances or some performances, otherwise I think that number seems quite optimistic. After all, it's a jazz album. 

GagaMyBlood95

#2 behind Ella Henderson. He predicted 120k for her & she's releasing in the same week.

Well, he heard samples from the album.

But didn't she postponed her release week?

Tony Bennett has 5 concerts plus the iTunes festival in the UK over the next couple of weeks so he will promote C2C at them but with what seems like a large chunk of Gagas fan-base boycotting the album there is no way it will do great things in the UK. Top 20 at best I would think though for a jazz album that's probably not bad :cool:

Hopefully I will be wrong though :)

StrawberryBlond

I think ARTPOP opened with like 40,000 or something around about that

It opened with 65,608 copies. And it's safe to assume that number was likely 95% or more fanbase driven. That's what we can do when it's just the fans buying it, which is very impressive. Miley had 2 #1 singles preceding her album and she didn't debut with anywhere near that amount. Lily Allen, despite her hyped comeback, #1 Christmas single and two top ten hits, debuted with barely 40k. Continuing into 2014, not very many other artists have had debut weeks that good, with a few minor exceptions.

But didn't she postponed her release week?

Yes, she's releasing on October 5th now. It was obviously because she got scared of the competition as she only changed the date after C2C's release date was announced. Which is weird, as she's predicted to debut with around 120k, so you'd think she'd be safe. So, if she's delaying, I'd say that's an amazingly good sign that Gaga's going to have a good opening week.

Tony Bennett has 5 concerts plus the iTunes festival in the UK over the next couple of weeks so he will promote C2C at them but with what seems like a large chunk of Gagas fan-base boycotting the album there is no way it will do great things in the UK. Top 20 at best I would think though for a jazz album that's probably not bad :cool:

Gaga fans are not boycotting the album. Some are reluctant to get on board with the jazz thing, yes, but there's no boycott. If anything, fans are seeing this as her chance to get back on top and want to buy in the first week to set her up for the rest of the era and allow her to claw back some success. And C2C is the only major release happening on September 23rd in the UK and worldwide and I'd say now that Ella's out of the equation, #1 is an almost dead cert. Her only competition will be from Ed Sheeran, but his album will have been released nearly 3 months ago by that point and already he's sold 500k, so I don't imagine he's selling more than 20k per week at this stage. Professor Green is releasing the same week, but as evidenced by his last two albums performance and the delayed nature of his upcoming release, he won't pose a threat. I've checked up on the release list and there is literally no other release that could stand in Gaga's way. At the very least, she'll be top 3, if the worst happens. I don't know where you got the idea of top 20 from. Tony's last album, after all these years went to #5 (his first UK top ten) and add to that all Gaga's albums going to #1 since her debut, and together, you have the recipe for a high charting week. Tony has never been successful or even known of in the UK until he duetted with Gaga on The Lady Is A Tramp. I think that, along with Amy's duet, was one of the driving forces behind that album getting that spot. Promo may not be huge at present, but Gaga fans are aware of it and are loyal and Tony must be bringing it up at all his recent UK shows.

Diamond Heart

It opened with 65,608 copies. And it's safe to assume that number was likely 95% or more fanbase driven. That's what we can do when it's just the fans buying it, which is very impressive. Miley had 2 #1 singles preceding her album and she didn't debut with anywhere near that amount. Lily Allen, despite her hyped comeback, #1 Christmas single and two top ten hits, debuted with barely 40k. Continuing into 2014, not very many other artists have had debut weeks that good, with a few minor exceptions.

Gaga fans are not boycotting the album. Some are reluctant to get on board with the jazz thing, yes, but there's no boycott. If anything, fans are seeing this as her chance to get back on top and want to buy in the first week to set her up for the rest of the era and allow her to claw back some success. And C2C is the only major release happening on September 23rd in the UK and worldwide and I'd say now that Ella's out of the equation, #1 is an almost dead cert. Her only competition will be from Ed Sheeran, but his album will have been released nearly 3 months ago by that point and already he's sold 500k, so I don't imagine he's selling more than 20k per week at this stage. Professor Green is releasing the same week, but as evidenced by his last two albums performance and the delayed nature of his upcoming release, he won't pose a threat. I've checked up on the release list and there is literally no other release that could stand in Gaga's way. At the very least, she'll be top 3, if the worst happens. I don't know where you got the idea of top 20 from. Tony's last album, after all these years went to #5 (his first UK top ten) and add to that all Gaga's albums going to #1 since her debut, and together, you have the recipe for a high charting week. Tony has never been successful or even known of in the UK until he duetted with Gaga on The Lady Is A Tramp. I think that, along with Amy's duet, was one of the driving forces behind that album getting that spot. Promo may not be huge at present, but Gaga fans are aware of it and are loyal and Tony must be bringing it up at all his recent UK shows.

Thanks for the info doll! :) You always come across as very informative and helpful with your posts so thanks :) I cant believe ARTPOP opened with that much tbh! After reading your post, the 90K seems much more likely :legend:

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

• Mills locked this topic

Archived