💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Katy Perry rakes more than a billion views on VEVO from the PRISM era

Cersei

Featured Posts

Versace

I have a feeling if DWUW video was released and not blocked it would have 500,000,000+ views #s-xsells its a sad truth but again she would've gotten a lot of controversy from it. I think the reason Bad Romance got it's views was due to its unique s-x appeal at that time. I mean look at wrecking ball its such a basic vid but with unique yet very odd s-x appeal it managed to get it's views. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaSkeletonWay

Streaming is now producing the same, if not more money than sales.

Soon streaming will be king... and personaly i'l be happier for it.

Expect there to be LOADS of streaming services / packages in the future though :/

Artists might make their album exclusive to only certain services unless you buy it.

But YouTube is streaming, isn't it?

Pain of fame1

DWUW would have been a Wrecking Ball-scandal video that everybody watches because it gets bad publicity, gladly it wasn't released.

Yeah maybe..but it would have gotten 500-600M views surely

Congratulations to Capitol Records! 

Buying all those views wasn't cheap.  :hug:

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Psychedelic

Congratulations!

FACT 1. Capitol and Perry did not buy those views. Do not be delusionally pressed. Could they have done that, they would've done it for each video in the PRISM era, and I don't see Uncle and BD getting so many views. In fact if buying views was possible, every other major music act such as Gaga could do it too! The videos went viral due to the huge success of the songs.

FACT 2. A lot of those views come from casual fans, GP and YES, 9 years-olds too... is that a bad thing? NOT, kids are also allowed to view videos and like songs. There are different artists to different types of public, if you didnt' have a problem about it, you wouldn't even be discussing Perry so often here.

FACT 3. The videos are cute and well-done. PERIOD. They can get billions of views more than Gaga's videos yet could never be compared to the masterpiece, piece of art that the Bad Romance video is. It is considered one of the best music videos in history (the very best one imo). And even for GP, these videos are not any close to beeing as ICONIC as BR and other Gaga videos (PF, Paparazzi, Telephone). So don't feel so bad or pressed. It's just views.

Why do ya'll have to be so biased, one way or the other!  :grr:

Houdini

yet both videos are not big enough or have enough impact to be nominated for MTV's Video of the Year. plus, katy perry's success is "systematically calculated. Unconditionally flopped and has small YT views becuase it wasn't heavily "promoted" unlike ROAR and DH.

UNC is comparable with DWUW

they sold almost the same amount and they performed almost the same thing on charts

Arturo

yet both videos are not big enough or have enough impact to be nominated for MTV's Video of the Year. plus, katy perry's success is "systematically calculated. Unconditionally flopped and has small YT views becuase it wasn't heavily "promoted" unlike ROAR and DH.

Um Unconditionally was promoted more than DH...

AMA's, U.K X Factor, Australian X Factor, Ellen, NRJ Music Awards in France, Alan Carr.....

DH didn't receive HALF of that. 

UNC is comparable with DWUW

they sold almost the same amount and they performed almost the same thing on charts

Unconditionally and DWUW are comparable in the U.S where DWUW only sold about 200k more than it.

In Canada, the U.K, France, Sweden, Denmark, Mexico and many other countries, they are not comparable at all.

Impressive. From album sales, to digital song sales, to tour receipts, and now streaming, PRISM could never be considered as a disappointing follow-up to Teenage Dream in terms of commercial success. 

Ladey Gagz

:party: teh slayage is real

If she had released the DWUW video and know another video ( gypsy?) it would be like 1 billion.

DWUW was the opportunity of this era to slay everyone.

DWUW wouldn't have had 700+ million views :sharon:

Logan

Impressive. From album sales, to digital song sales, to tour receipts, and now streaming, PRISM could never be considered as a disappointing follow-up to Teenage Dream in terms of commercial success. 

People act like PRISM is the cheap continuation of Teenage Dream but PRISM has been a massive era within itself. 

GagaDragon

Though DH and Roar sold both 5M, Uncle 1M and Birthday 500 000.

So the views are pretty accurate to the singles sold...

I wasn't referring to sales, it's when people equate youtube views to the quality of music. Same thing happens with sales hence overrated.

I have a feeling if DWUW video was released and not blocked it would have 500,000,000+ views #s-xsells its a sad truth but again she would've gotten a lot of controversy from it. I think the reason Bad Romance got it's views was due to its unique s-x appeal at that time. I mean look at wrecking ball its such a basic vid but with unique yet very odd s-x appeal it managed to get it's views. 

G.U.Y had s-x appeal and it doesn't look like breaking 500 mill views anytime soon, keep dreaming.

Congratulations!

FACT 1. Capitol and Perry did not buy those views. Do not be delusionally pressed. Could they have done that, they would've done it for each video in the PRISM era, and I don't see Uncle and BD getting so many views. In fact if buying views was possible, every other major music act such as Gaga could do it too! The videos went viral due to the huge success of the songs.

FACT 2. A lot of those views come from casual fans, GP and YES, 9 years-olds too... is that a bad thing? NOT, kids are also allowed to view videos and like songs. There are different artists to different types of public, if you didnt' have a problem about it, you wouldn't even be discussing Perry so often here.

FACT 3. The videos are cute and well-done. PERIOD. They can get billions of views more than Gaga's videos yet could never be compared to the masterpiece, piece of art that the Bad Romance video is. It is considered one of the best music videos in history (the very best one imo). And even for GP, these videos are not any close to beeing as ICONIC as BR and other Gaga videos (PF, Paparazzi, Telephone). So don't feel so bad or pressed. It's just views.

Why do ya'll have to be so biased, one way or the other!  :grr:

There is actually a lot of truth tea here. I don't agree that her videos are well-done at all, but that's just my opinion. The TD era videos drag Prism videos to the pits of filth and back.

VasilisVas

Katy Perry seems to be the queen of YouTube this year :worship: I wonder if Rihanna will reclaim her throne with her upcoming album :omg:

I hope so.  I miss Rihanna. I'm hoping for an album like the iconic LOUD. :)

Archived