💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Ariana Grande to erect herself as queen of gays

Redstreak

Featured Posts

ItsTommyBitch

So she's using gays to reveal them as closeted gays who date girls and cheat on them by screwing other men to advance her career?

Mess at other gays Thinking this is gonna be helping gays look good to the homophobic GP

:coffee:

Are you kidding :giveup:

This song has no political agenda, its clearly just for fun.

I mean, I guess i can see how it might look bad, but i doubt people will find this *album track* from Ariana Grande's new album and be like "ew, this is why I hate gays" -- esp. since most of the people buying this album will be gays and teenage girls :3

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MJHolland

So she's using gays to reveal them as closeted gays who date girls and cheat on them by screwing other men to advance her career?

Mess at other gays Thinking this is gonna be helping gays look good to the homophobic GP

:coffee:

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY 

This sounds like a song that is going to bash gay/bi men............. I'm dreading it!

I mean, I guess i can see how it might look bad, but i doubt people will find this *album track* from Ariana Grande's new album and be like "ew, this is why I hate gays" -- esp. since most of the people buying this album will be gays and teenage girls :3

Nothing sounds "fun" about this concept. 

This is EXACTLY what they would say lol! This celebrates NOTHING haha!

It's literally going to be a song about the promiscuity of bis-xual men. NOT good for the LGBT community AT ALL

We have threads on GGD about "as a gay man or straight woman, would you date a bis-xual man?"

And a LOT of people say "No! Of course not! I'm going to get cheated on!"

Even though that is so dumb and totally not true, things like THIS is why they think that 

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY

This sounds like a song that is going to bash gay/bi men............. I'm dreading it!

It's literally going to be a song about the promiscuity of bis-xual men. NOT good for the LGBT community AT ALL

Agree... This is gonna make gays look bad to all her pre-teen female fans and straight male fans

If she goes through with this concept I am officially no longer a fan of her, I'm surprised her brother is pushing this concept

Then again her brother is crazy so .... :coffee:

ItsTommyBitch

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY 

Take a step back.

Read the interview again.

Not every song has a political agenda, and ... again its not like the average homophobe is going to pick up Ariana Grande's album and listen to this track. There are songs about everything from rape and murder to petting bunnies, not all of it is good but the spirit and intention of the track can outweigh what the lyrics are about, at least imo. If anything its modeling a possible real life situation. I doubt ariana is knowledgeable about the LGBT community to have thought "This is promoting negative stereotypes about bis-xual men"..

I mean, as I said b4, it could be taken wrongly, but usually, people don't usually listen to Bubblegum Pop - that is usually about Love in some form - and read deeply into it. "This song talks about a guy who's cheating on a girl.. with a guy! This proves that Bis-xuals are promiscuous always, GG" Thats like the extreme opinion, not the obvious one..

People bop to songs about murder made by "emo" bands but don't assume that all emo's are murderers.. (Sorry if that was a ****ty example, was trying to be extreme)

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

DrewStevens

This. And maybe is not even going to be a single. 

MJHolland

Agree... This is gonna make gays look bad to all her pre-teen female fans and straight male fans

If she goes through with this concept I am officially no longer a fan of her, I'm surprised her brother is pushing this concept

Then again her brother is crazy so .... :coffee:

100% agreed and on board with this.

ItsTommyBitch

100% agreed and on board with this.

I think you are both overestimating the attentiveness and introspective qualities of pre teen female girls who listen to singers like Ariana just because they are cute and make catchy music :laughga:

Most of the Pre-Teen Girls who listen to Ari are not homophobic anyway, at least trends point towards that :shrug:

MJHolland

Take a step back.

Not every song has a political agenda, and ... again its not like the average homophobe is going to pick up Ariana Grande's album and listen to this track. There are songs about everything from rape and murder to petting bunnies, not all of it is good but the spirit and intention of the track can outweigh what the lyrics are about, at least imo. If anything its modeling a possible real life situation. I doubt ariana is knowledgeable about the LGBT community to have thought "This is promoting negative stereotypes about bis-xual men"..

I mean, as I said b4, it could be taken wrongly, but usually, people don't usually listen to Bubblegum Pop - that is usually about Love in some form - and read deeply into it. "This song talks about a guy who's cheating on a girl.. with a guy! This proves that Bis-xuals are promiscuous always, GG" Thats like the extreme opinion, not the obvious one..

People bop to songs about murder made by "emo" bands but don't assume that all emo's are murderers.. (Sorry if that was a ****ty example, was trying to be extreme)

The song is straight up reenforcing the stereotype that bis-xual men cannot stay in a committed relationship without cheating on their significant other. That is not just an LGBT issue, straight women are also likely to use this prejudice as well.

That is the SIMPLE take away from the song. 

Take a step back.

You are being very optimistic about the GP... They are pretty stupid and will see this as confirming the stereotype of BI/closeted gay men dating women and cheating on them with other men

MJHolland

I think you are both overestimating the attentiveness and introspective qualities of pre teen female girls who listen to singers like Ariana just because they are cute and make catchy music :laughga:

Most of the Pre-Teen Girls who listen to Ari are not homophobic anyway, at least trends point towards that :shrug:

Okay so these little girls are going to be influenced to never have a relationship with a bi man because he will cheat on her like he cheated on their idol.

It's a dumb and slanderous song no matter how you spin it.

orig-13719791.jpg

Not once has Gaga made a slanderous song about the LGBT community. 

And just because she's famous she can't support the LGBT community?! At least she preaches love...

Archived