• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chic

• Yanko

• Essence

• IHE

Top Posters In This Topic

ryhanna

I feel like Katy genuinely does want to do something more than pander to teenagers but her label holds her back and she does what they want in the end even if she doesn't really like it.

Robinladen

she basically said she thinks it's boundary pushing for a popstar to release an accoustic album :rip:

Edited by Robinladen

Jonna Lee

Inb4 The Wheels On The Bus Go Round and Round (ft. Raffi) leaks from that album :derpga:

Edited by slaydeegaga
i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

TRILL MONSTER

On a serious note, I can't wait to see her ultra-experimental pop garbage.

antoinedodson1.jpg

Is that azealia banks

Essence

How is an acoustic album or theater shows pushing any boundaries?

Coldplay has done BOTH, numerous times. And even when a band as innovative as them do it it's not exactly changing the music scene :Awkney:

Slade

Okay. Just follow through with it this time, and don't burn a perfectly good blue wig if you're not gonna change.

She probably wants to do different stuff (like back when she said PRISM was going to be dark) but the producers & the label wants her to do the same all same bubblegum pop hits that bring them $$$$.

Chic

How is an acoustic album or theater shows pushing any boundaries?

Coldplay has done BOTH, numerous times. And even when a band as innovative as them do it it's not exactly changing the music scene :awkney:

She specifically stated pop stars.

Essence
She specifically stated pop stars.
She is not the first to do acoustic albums OR theater shows even in the pop realm.

Hecturr

She probably wants to do different stuff (like back when she said PRISM was going to be dark) but the producers & the label wants her to do the same all same bubblegum pop hits that bring them $$$$.

Didn't bring them 5 #1 hits again though :giggle:

PopBitch

this isn't new. She said this months ago or when Prism was coming out what she wanted to do next. She started out on her guitar writing songs and she said she wanted to be more like folk singer Joni Mitchell down the road. Well, she's no Joni Mitchell, who was a great songwriter, but she's been saying she wanted to do something more simple, toned down. And I think that John Mayer encouraged that side to her in a big way when she was with him.

She's already shown that side of her.

Katy Perry concert Unplugged MTV 2009 and she put out the Unplugged EP album from this. I loved this side of Katy and loved the arrangements. She shows what she is capable of. Her version on here of I Kissed a Girl was fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8skxaLOzMo

And she mixed it up doing something a little different this year. I really enjoyed her on on Crossroads this year with Kacey Musgraves, the show where two singers are matched up from different genres, one from country music, and do each other's songs together. I was really surprised how good she did on Bonnie Raitt's song, I Can't Make You Love Me at the 30 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daZJHgkr5uY

Edited by PopBitch