💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Katy Perry to push boundaries in the future; says 'fame is disgusting'

Dodo

Featured Posts

Anderson123

She was hardly bragging.

Well, I know. It's a simple article and she mentions what she wants to do in the future. But she also did the same before Prism was ready. She said how she was going for a dark image and how it'd be totally different from Teenage Dream. And just look at what it is, it's full of colors and pretty much an imitation of what she did in the past just so she keeps getting money from her successful singles.

I was not only talking about Katy Perry. Some other recent examples of this that come to my head are obviously Lady Gaga. Look at ARTPOP, the App, the music videos for every track on the album, the awesome fiber optic wig, the endless collaborations and recorded tracks, decay of the superstar concept, Temple, Tinnitus, TEA, Partynauseous, The Greatest Thing, the promises, etc. Of course, things not always go as planned, but Gaga really needs to learn to NOT talk about everything with her fans, that's why most of them get so disappointed, because things that she promises don't see the light. Not to mention how she showed her ARTPOP tattoo, and she said the wanted to release music by the end of 2012, then a year later she finally announced ARTPOP. But yes, it's the second time she has done this. I love her but, she shouldn't have hyped Born This Way that much, she needs to just keep in private some stuff because they can either get cancelled or they change by the time we get something.

I was also thinking about Kesha. Remember how she said she was mixing 80's rock music and how she wanted to push boundaries and really explore her voice and talent ? Then we got Die Young and Warrior, which was Animal 2.0.

Yes, I know some things don't go as they are planned, but that's why some artists, popstars and bands need to be more quiet about their projects or their ideas. I want them to surprise me, not over-hype for an entire year and not deliver what they talked about so much.

Edited by Alan123

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chic

• Yanko

• Essence

• IHE

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Jeans

You guys are so bitter, god knows i dislike Katy as much as the ext person here, but the continuous obsession needs to stop... Was this really thread worthy in the first place ? who cares about what she said in this interview like, this a Gaga forum, and everytime there's a Katy thread its a hit... even Admin takes advantage of this obsession (remember when he changed the thread title to "Gaga responds to Katy"... i think its sad and unhealthy to maintain this sort of hateful attitude, we're forgetting everything Gaga taught us during TFM, BTW... 

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Katy, she is every icon  :lolgaga: I'll reserve judgement until I see the outcome, since actions speak louder than words. 

TimisaMonster

I highly doubt that....she probably means just being more urban and Dark Horse....:megaflop:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Jewels n Drugs

She's a mess, we all know she'll bless us with the same sh't she's been releasing for years over and over again for the next 40 years

tumblr_m6vi3bZ19f1qmfsgq.gif

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Robotboy

when? sis you are 30 now. most artist goes acoustic when they settle down

Edited by Work It Out
Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

HauntingHollow

:excuseme: pushing boundaries ?  :excuseme: you mean back ? :reductive:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

JaysAMess

Acoustic Katy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Her performance of TOTGA at The X Factor was flawless, it's easily one of her best performances.

I think it's great that Katy wants to do something different in the future, whether she does it is a different story, but good on her for thinking about doing something other than pop.

Mythos

They should all just shut up and do it, without the big talk that ends just in disappointment. I can't go through another ARTPOP Era with other artist too, my heart can't handle it again  :toofunny:

JaysAMess

Not yall always complaining Katy is too "basic" and always making the same music and then when she says what yall told her to do, yall complain again :deadbanana:

wat :lmao: I didn't know the action of making non-pop music belonged to Gaga :lmao:

Oh dear the hate is strong in this one

Um, DUH! I thought everyone knew this?

God bless you for this post though.