💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Katy Perry to push boundaries in the future; says 'fame is disgusting'

Dodo

Featured Posts

MJHolland

:omfgaga:  :omfgaga:  :omfgaga:  :omfgaga:  :omfgaga:

You guys are so immature when it comes to Katy, lol.

Honey, her target audience is little girls ages 11-13

"Mature" and "Katy Perry" do NOT go together.....

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chic

• Yanko

• Essence

• IHE

Top Posters In This Topic

What so she's gonna have vegetables in her videos instead of candy and pizza now? She's been pretty much the same since 2008.

She's just following the trend; with the Brooke Candy styled video that was more ARTPOP than gaga's album , and now her saying this. I feel like she's trying to get people prepared for more standard k-pop songs. :flop:

uKsZaaJ.gif

Hecturr

You guys are so immature when it comes to Katy, lol.

Most of us are as serious about her as she is to her career. Not being a hater, and I actually like her, but judging from what she's done til now she's evolved into someone who follows trends and stick with the cute and radio friendly theme all the way. She also said that prism would be darker but it's pretty much the same as teenage dream. So no wonder people are not trusting that she'll follow through

RainingOnMe

uKsZaaJ.gif

The brooke candy braids? The brooke candy braids with the green color? And the ARTPOP dresses? :flop:

But Katy still remains my 2nd fave.

Edited by SlainJudas

Chic

She wants to evolve, that's good. I'm interested to see how this goes. Just because someone comes out as a pop star does not mean they can't develop as an artist later on throughout their career.

Gaga hasn't pushed every boundary, there are still many boundaries to push in pop music and music in general. Giving Katy the benefit of the doubt, she could use her massive success to bring something a bit more experimental into the public, perhaps as a lead or second single for the next album. It's clear that she enjoys the fame and money derived from the formula that she's been working with, which isn't a bad thing. It's still managed to produce two #1 singles and a top 40 hit this era, so in retrospect there was still a little more to milk out of the image and music that she's created, and may still be. Although I'm glad she's evolving.

People have the idea that you should "show the effort, not talk about it". I think she just wants to let everybody know that she's interested in branching out rather than facing backlash for continuing with the same style. Simply because Katy Perry has not put out a 'mature' album does not mean that she is incapable of being mature. Looking back on her life and childhood, as she has talked about it quite a bit, it seems that a rebellious nature flared up in her to become a pop star. She enjoys being on the top of the world, potentially to make up for the sheltered childhood she lived; after all, she couldn't even listen to anything but gospel/Christian music until her late teens. She's even expressed suicidal tendencies and thoughts before, there are clearly some issues going on there, probably as a result of her childhood. She may have even felt repressed as a child and wasn't exposed to different types of art because of her religious upbringing, and that's why she isn't exactly an artist yet.

Simply put, Katy Perry is new to the game in terms of listening to pop music and expressing/creating art. She does what she likes and now wants to experiment. At least she creates music, whereas plenty of people on here who criticize her don't even do that. She has something to show for her effort, a legacy...how many people who are hating on her in this thread are creating that?

Logan

Most of us are as serious about her as she is to her career. Not being a hater, and I actually like her, but judging from what she's done til now she's evolved into someone who follows trends and stick with the cute and radio friendly theme all the way. She also said that prism would be darker but it's pretty much the same as teenage dream. So no wonder people are not trusting that she'll follow through

She's not my favorite either and when I first joined the forum, I was the same way. I would post dumb, pointless gifs and drag her because I was a bitter Gaga stan. But I'm over it now. I don't feel the need to go out of my way to put her down. It's funny because the This Is How We Do video was one of the biggest topics on the entire forum, and look who this forum is dedicated to. Very telling. People need to get their heads out of their asses, it does wonders ;) 

The brooke candy braids? The brooke candy braids with the green color? And the ARTPOP dresses? :flop:

But Katy still remains my 2nd fave.

That video was not ARTPOP at all :toofloppy:

RBNLM

Not yall always complaining Katy is too "basic" and always making the same music and then when she says what yall told her to do, yall complain again :deadbanana:

wat :lmao: I didn't know the action of making non-pop music belonged to Gaga :lmao:

Oh dear the hate is strong in this one

oh hahahaha so funny much fun

JoeMo

tumblr_lsg80xOpVm1qg20zj.gif

I don't like when popstars, artists and bands talk about how they're going to push boundaries or do something different.. IN THE FUTURE. Sure, you're allowed to be experimental and creative, but please do it, don't talk about it. Show us what you can do, don't brag about how awesome you are and then disappoint when you release something that was a copy of what you've done in the past. Sometimes these plans never see the light because they change their minds or something behind the scenes happens (trouble with the label, manager) and they end up looking like fools.

She was hardly bragging.

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

Hecturr

She's not my favorite either and when I first joined the forum, I was the same way. I would post dumb, pointless gifs and drag her because I was a bitter Gaga stan. But I'm over it now. I don't feel the need to go out of my way to put her down. It's funny because the This Is How We Do video was one of the biggest topics on the entire forum, and look who this forum is dedicated to. Very telling. People need to get their heads out of their asses, it does wonders ;)

not sure if that was pointed towards me but k sis :awkney: I agree that the katy hate is too much, I do it for good fun as I do to britney with neyde or awkney. If you don't like the artist ignore them and just enjoy the music I guess. :emma: My fave from pism is TIHWD and I kinda liked the video 

Redstreak

I'd like to see her potential. Who knows, she might surprise us all. :)

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~