Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Katy Perry to push boundaries in the future; says 'fame is disgusting'

Dodo

Featured Posts

Chic

She is not the first to do acoustic albums OR theater shows even in the pop realm.

Her being the massive pop star she is, the caricature of what a pop star should be, doing something such as making an acoustic album or a theatre show while the public's eye is on here may serve to change what other pop stars are doing at the current time. Rather than full on pop music, they may start to follow in her footsteps. That's pushing boundaries by inciting a movement for others to follow, I would assume.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chic

• Yanko

• Essence

• IHE

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel weird because I slightly dislike Katy for how cookie cutter pop she is and I know she wants to do more serious music and be taken as a more serious artist but her "serious" music is just.... no. Her more mature songs on PRISM are an admirable effort but to me it just all falls flat. It feels sincere but still cheesey and sloppy so I'd rather her do cookie cutter pop. Songs like Teenage Dream, Walking On Air, Legendary Lovers, LFN mop the floor with Choose Your Battles, It Takes Two & whatever.

I think her issue is that her idea of mature and experimentation is acoustic, down tempo music when she can still do upbeat pop music that has experimental elements.

Essence

Her being the massive pop star she is, the caricature of what a pop star should be, doing something such as making an acoustic album or a theatre show while the public's eye is on here may serve to change what other pop stars are doing at the current time. Rather than full on pop music, they may start to follow in her footsteps. That's pushing boundaries by inciting a movement for others to follow, I would assume.
What do you call Gaga making a Jazz album 6 years into her career?

Hell, Ke$ha made an acoustic album within 3

Pushing boundaries my ass.

Chic

What do you call Gaga making a Jazz album 6 years into her career?

Hell, Ke$ha made an acoustic album within 3

Pushing boundaries my ass.

Perhaps Katy feels her ability to change pop culture is above your two examples. :shrug:

Essence
Perhaps Katy feels her ability to change pop culture is above your two examples. :shrug:
Acoustic albums are nothing new. She would not remotely be pushing boundaries. And Katy isn't a trailblazer in that sense, at all.

Chic

Acoustic albums are nothing new. She would not remotely be pushing boundaries. And Katy isn't a trailblazer in that sense, at all.

True, but in the sense that she's not pioneering acoustic albums by pop stars in general, but pioneering it for the latest and future pop scenes. Whether it's true or not that she's a trailblazer, she may see it that way.

Essence
True, but in the sense that she's not pioneering acoustic albums by pop stars in general, but pioneering it for the latest and future pop scenes. Whether it's true or not that she's a trailblazer, she may see it that way.
I mean she CLEARLY sees herself that way. There's no argument there. I just happen to disagree with her, but each to their own. :shrug:

Chic

I mean she CLEARLY sees herself that way. There's no argument there. I just happen to disagree with her, but each to their own. :shrug:

I like to advocate for Katy but that quote makes it so hard to. She should have specified that she's deviating from a typical pop star acoustic album by doing something new.

Heavy metal albums by pop stars aren't exactly common, that would work to pioneer the genre. Something not totally out of the realm though, perhaps industrial pop along the lines of Porcelain Black, or perhaps just metal like a milder In This Moment.

Essence

I like to advocate for Katy but that quote makes it so hard to. She should have specified that she's deviating from a typical pop star acoustic album by doing something new.

Heavy metal albums by pop stars aren't exactly common, that would work to pioneer the genre. Something not totally out of the realm though, perhaps industrial pop along the lines of Porcelain Black, or perhaps just metal like a milder In This Moment.

Acoustic albums are actually very common in the pop scene. Almost as much as Christmas albums. By no means would it be pioneering. It would only be pushing boundaries for her herself.

Chic

Acoustic albums are actually very common in the pop scene. Almost as much as Christmas albums. By no means would it be pioneering. It would only be pushing boundaries for her herself.

I mean heavy metal albums, not acoustic ones.

Essence

I mean heavy metal albums, not acoustic ones.
Did Katy mention a heavy metal album??

If you're just using for example then YES, of course, that would be innovative for a pop star. Quite the stretch from Katy with an acoustic guitar and a mic.

Chic

Did Katy mention a heavy metal album??

If you're just using for example then YES, of course, that would be innovative for a pop star. Quite the stretch from Katy with an acoustic guitar and a mic.

Yeah, that was just an example, based on if Katy was actually planning something innovative.

degenerate

I love a lot of different things, and I like to try things, and I'm inspired by a lot of different things, and I feel like I don't ever want to be just one genre, you know?

:lmao: Why does she talk like a high school girl