• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chic

• Yanko

• Essence

• Dodo

Top Posters In This Topic

Chic

If she is so called trying to show off her variety in music from prism, then why does she keep releasing the most basic, Radio friendly songs from the album? I'm going to give Katy the benefit of the doubt but so far every thing she has said in this interview is hypocritical. If you're not about fame or topping the charts or making the same music all the time, then do what gaga did and stand up to your label and make the kind of music you want to make. I don't see her doing that or moving in that direction at all.

Who doesn't release the most basic, radio friendly songs from their albums? That's essentially the point. Singles are supposed to have airplay and if they aren't radio friendly, they won't get any. That's why Gaga releases songs like Bad Romance, The Edge Of Glory and Do What U Want. I don't see her making Teeth, Bloody Mary or Government Hooker singles. Judas was incidental, I believe she expected the sonic similarity to Bad Romance to make it a hit over its lyrics.

Since when did Gaga stand up to her label to make the kind of music she wanted to make? I'm pretty sure Interscope has enough confidence in her as an artist not to restrict her too much. She once said that her record label fully supports her decisions. This wasn't even a year ago. Interscope clearly supports her releasing a jazz album, as a more stripped down sound showcases maturity and equates success in broadening the demographic of her listeners. In essence, it's a side album, as she's collaborating with Tony Bennett.

Show me when Gaga goes against her label by going in a stabilized and long term direction with a genre that doesn't top the Billboard charts, such as heavy metal (which she grew up with). Until then, don't compare her to Katy in that respect. They both create pop music and haven't drifted far from the genre; Katy has her pop rock OOTB and Gaga has her jazzy C2C, but neither are long term commitments.

Edited by Chic

Didymus

This is basically what Gaga said this era and yet you're calling her out :spin:

Also interesting to see that these comments are exactly what Gaga haters use to discredit her :rip:

Edited by Didymus

She'd like to experiment musically in the future.

She's not into fame.

She wants to still be doing this at Madonna's age.

She's not completely obsessed with topping the charts.

1. She better. Stop collaborating with Dr. Luke and deliver us songs that have sense, not just ear-candy songs.

2. *No Comment*

3. I would love to see this (but if she keeps on those senseless ear-candy songs then no). :yes:

4. Why would you continue to collaborate with Dr. Luke & Max Martin with MANY songs? A few songs might do, right? :toofunny:

Weasel

While I doubt anything groundbreaking is going to happen is it really necessary to drag her for 12+ pages? 

ion7HrcGtDy5f.gif

Jenniferella

1. She better. Stop collaborating with Dr. Luke and deliver us songs that have sense, not just ear-candy songs.

2. *No Comment*

3. I would love to see this (but if she keeps on those senseless ear-candy songs then no). :yes:

4. Why would you continue to collaborate with Dr. Luke & Max Martin with MANY songs? A few songs might do, right? :toofunny:

You talk like she has the choice for all those things. 

The thing is : she doesn't

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Andy McQueen

Yeah, sure ... *sarcastic look*

I mean come on - her quotes read like Gaga quotes. Gaga is different personalities, but Katy has a certain image ...