Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Katy Perry to push boundaries in the future; says 'fame is disgusting'

Dodo

Featured Posts

FameHungry

But why now? You've been here for years and you're only deciding to do that now? What? :lmao:

Btw, how is doing an acoustic record pushing boundaries?  :laughga:

Edited by FameHungry

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chic

• Yanko

• Essence

• Dodo

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to do an acoustic record and do a tour that's all theaters and just have my acoustic guitar and my Telecaster and people would be like, 'What the ****?'

Katy always bringing the new ideas.  :toofunny:

Computer

She's not going to die for me so I guess I don't care. Sorry Katy. Good luck.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Edited the OP with the other rather controversial and bold statements she has stated in the RollingStone interview - from hating the question of 'what if she flops' to hating fame itself and saying she's not obsessed with topping the charts. Things got more interesting.  

So she doesn't want to sacrifice her integrity at a grab for number 1? Was she being serious or am I actually reading excerpts from an Onion article?

Prometheus

Gaga already broke a few of them.  :teehee:

But good for her. I'll be happy when she stops trying to act hood for comedic relief. I just wish pop stars would do and stop talking about when/how they will push boundaries and promise out-of-this-world type of stuff for their upcoming work. 

I agree.

Maybe this is the real Katy and the one we see is being controlled by her label.

Edited by Prometheus

myOWNtable

Edited the OP with the other rather controversial and bold statements she has stated in the RollingStone interview - from hating the question of 'what if she flops' to hating fame itself and saying she's not obsessed with topping the charts. Things got more interesting.  

Did she really say this stuff?  Interesting.  

The "fame" talk sounded all too familiar.

"I don't want to have to play something I'm not to get that Number One or whatever. That's not music. That's math. And I don't want to be that."  ~Katy Perry   :rofl:

Edited by myOWNtable

StrawberryBlond

She's made no secret of her desire to go full-on acoustic at one point. But I don't know if Capitol is willing to budge on that issue. Her constantly voicing this opinion is making it more and more clear that she wants one thing but her label wants another. People always go on about how her ballads are her best, but I find most of her slow stuff really boring and bland, not to mention utterly forgettable - her ballads from TD are the only truly memorable ones for me. The public has all but rejected Katy's ballads up to this point. The One That Got Away and Wide Awake only avoided the fate of Thinking Of You and Unconditionally because they were released at the tail end of a hugely successful album, so the bandwagon effect was in full swing. A Katy ballad has never gone to #1 in the US (I don't count Firework as a ballad) despite her huge success as a singles artist there. The overall chart positions of her ballads show that the public do not want this kind of material from Katy Perry. Unconditionally being the second single was a massive risk that didn't pay off despite it following on from a mega successful lead and huge promo and it provided a harsh dose of reality for her. I highly doubt Capitol will support an acoustic theatre tour. I bet they had palpitations just reading that. The fact that Katy said a theatre tour is proof that even she knows this kind of work wouldn't be successful enough to sell out arenas.

I laugh at how she thinks fame is disgusting and says she never wanted it. Girl, you abandoned your Christian music when your Christian music label folded, had a "hot" makeover and went full-on generic pop and wrote songs about kissing girls. And you're trying to tell us that you don't care about fame and never wanted it? Give me a break.