💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Katy Perry to push boundaries in the future; says 'fame is disgusting'

Dodo

Featured Posts

720x405-201400805_katy_x1800.jpg

She'd like to experiment musically in the future.

"I think I have a lot of different personalities inside of me concerning music, and I love a lot of different things, and I like to try things, and I'm inspired by a lot of different things, and I feel like I don't ever want to be just one genre, you know? I want to maybe break the ideas of what boundaries pop stars should be in, you know? I want to do an acoustic record and do a tour that's all theaters and just have my acoustic guitar and my Telecaster and people would be like, 'What the ****?' 

She's not into fame.

"I never wanted to be famous. That's a byproduct of what I do. Fame is truly a byproduct of the dream that I had. People want to be recognized for their work, but nobody wants to be famous for nothing. Fame is, I think, disgusting. And it's really hard to separate your public life from your personal life. Useless fame is disgusting. I think if you've got a talent or something to offer, a creative thing to offer to the world, then I think that's beautiful. But that famous for nothing thing is kind of gross. It's a bummer. And, you know, I only ever just wanted to make music and be on stage and play, and offer up my perception of how I view the world, through the songs that I write. But then there's a lot of different things that come with it, and I call them trade-offs. I can't necessarily go downstairs and, like, touch the tree, but I can do a lot of other things."

She wants to still be doing this at Madonna's age.

"Yeah, for sure. In a different way, maybe. I mean, she does what she does, great. I'm probably going to do it differently. Like, I want to have an acoustic record by then. But I can only be 29 now."

She doesn't love the question "What would you do if your next album totally flopped?"

"I'm not gonna give any energy to those words! But listen, if it's a true expression of myself, then it will be necessary for me to put it out there. If it's exactly what I need to present as an artist and it doesn't do well by the numbers, at least I'll have some pride in the fact that I needed to do this as an expression and, if it didn't translate, then so be it. At least I'm staying true to myself and my music."

She's not completely obsessed with topping the charts.

"I'm not trying to ever duplicate what I did on Teenage Dream, because I could never. Prism is more about showing the variety I have as an artist, rather than always having a determined goal to go to Number One or whatever. I mean, it's always nice, but that's not always going to happen. And I don't want to have to conform to try and do that. Like, I don't want to have to play something I'm not to get that Number One or whatever. That's not music. That's math. And I don't want to be that."

Read more at: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/18-things-you-learn-following-katy-perry-around-20140805 

RQBBZiZ.jpg

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chic

• Yanko

• Essence

• Dodo

Top Posters In This Topic

No Angel

Gaga already broke a few of them.  :teehee:

But good for her. I'll be happy when she stops trying to act hood for comedic relief. I just wish pop stars would do and stop talking about when/how they will push boundaries and promise out-of-this-world type of stuff for their upcoming work. 

Edited by No Angel

mcphee

She's a mess, we all know she'll bless us with the same sh't she's been releasing for years over and over again for the next 40 years

tumblr_m6vi3bZ19f1qmfsgq.gif

RAMROD

:lmao: being derk must be one of them.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Staryu

Her ARTPOP era is coming.

It's nice to see that she wants to do something very different for a change. Good for ha.

Anderson123

tumblr_lsg80xOpVm1qg20zj.gif

I don't like when popstars, artists and bands talk about how they're going to push boundaries or do something different.. IN THE FUTURE. Sure, you're allowed to be experimental and creative, but please do it, don't talk about it. Show us what you can do, don't brag about how awesome you are and then disappoint when you release something that was a copy of what you've done in the past. Sometimes these plans never see the light because they change their minds or something behind the scenes happens (trouble with the label, manager) and they end up looking like fools.

Edited by Alan123

Addy Ezzie

I want to do an acoustic record and do a tour that's all theaters and just have my acoustic guitar and my Telecaster and people would be like, 'What the ****?'

I'm here for it !!

amenART

she'll probably end being like f*ck it, they seem to like CandyKaty and it sells well  :ohwell:

Edited by amenART