Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VIDEO: Katy Perry - "This Is How We Do"

LetsGetHigh

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

Not what I was expecting. I was thinking of something far raunchier and not so cartoon orientated. Wasn't she supposed to have transvestites in this video or was that just a rumour? But this was a very weird, very cheaply made video with very random, odd moments. What was with those anthropromorphic cartoon fruit? It was nothing to do with the video and was completely pointless, especially in the end sequence. I was also surprised at how stationary Katy was throughout it all - she was either standing still, sitting or lounging. I thought such an energetic song would have involved more proactivity. This rivalled an Adele video for the amount of sitting that she did. I just felt this video involved everything being flung at the wall with not much rhyme or reason. The cartoon elements made me think a lot of Miley's recent imagery and that's certainly not something good to emulate. It looks like a really low-rent version of a TD era video. Even some of the stuff in her OFTB era was better than this (which is clearly something she harks back to what with the playsuits, heart-shaped sunglasses, sun loungers and watermelon).

I really don't know what's going on with Katy's recent videos. Unconditionally is the only decent video she's made this era. Everything else has been immature, cliche-ridden, tacky and cheap. Not to mention failing at trying to be funny. Humour has been a big theme throughout this era's videos and the last three have attempted to be funny but have been nothing but cringey. Some people, namely her fans and some critics (have they been paid to be positive?) have been telling her that she's funny and she's starting to believe it.

Sister

Unconditionally is the only decent video she's made this era. Everything else has been immature, cliche-ridden, tacky and cheap. Not to mention failing at trying to be funny.

I agree with that completely.

I really don't like this video at all, but the song is fun and catchy.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

So happy not one, not two... but THREE singles flopped from PHLEGM.

tumblr_mapms62yDe1rut3y7o1_400.gif

ha BTW era but worse

now her ARTPOP era is coming

tumblr_lz6uylqA0a1qef2y7.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Koreku

She used too much payola so now she's purposely decaying herself :rip:

there's no other reason why Birthday & TIHWD would be chosen as singles.

Edited by Koreku
You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

Chuckles

Not what I was expecting. I was thinking of something far raunchier and not so cartoon orientated. Wasn't she supposed to have transvestites in this video or was that just a rumour? But this was a very weird, very cheaply made video with very random, odd moments. What was with those anthropromorphic cartoon fruit? It was nothing to do with the video and was completely pointless, especially in the end sequence. I was also surprised at how stationary Katy was throughout it all - she was either standing still, sitting or lounging. I thought such an energetic song would have involved more proactivity. This rivalled an Adele video for the amount of sitting that she did. I just felt this video involved everything being flung at the wall with not much rhyme or reason. The cartoon elements made me think a lot of Miley's recent imagery and that's certainly not something good to emulate. It looks like a really low-rent version of a TD era video. Even some of the stuff in her OFTB era was better than this (which is clearly something she harks back to what with the playsuits, heart-shaped sunglasses, sun loungers and watermelon).

I really don't know what's going on with Katy's recent videos. Unconditionally is the only decent video she's made this era. Everything else has been immature, cliche-ridden, tacky and cheap. Not to mention failing at trying to be funny. Humour has been a big theme throughout this era's videos and the last three have attempted to be funny but have been nothing but cringey. Some people, namely her fans and some critics (have they been paid to be positive?) have been telling her that she's funny and she's starting to believe it.

Now that you mention the cartoons & Miley  :omg:

ThatSLAYGUY

It's a nice video ... but It's kinda predictable 

I don't listen to Katy Perry so I haven't heard the whole album, but I would much rather heard Walking On Air as a single, so much better

This. 

PopBitch

This was supposed to be Deep Katy. So where are the deeper songs for singles and music videos? We get Birthday and this one, two superficial fun but immature songs that aren't even that good. It makes no sense to me. There's like a schism between what this album was supposed to showcase and what she is using to promote the album.

Edited by PopBitch

rocketno9

Couldn't get through the entire video. Typical Katy, generic, superficial song with a boring video that's tacky as hell. Well done.. :golfclap:

chrismugler

OMG I love it. I like the blonde guy as well, does anyone here know his name? :lmao:

B.B.A. / Music Lover / Human.