Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

MTV on Katy Perry's new video: Her ARTPOP could mean anything

Henry

Featured Posts

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chris777

I'm not defending anyone's behaviour, and I don't hate Katy, but I think a lot of people are just enjoying seeing Katy being called out after suffering through Gaga being treated this way for so long and the two of them being pitted against each other with a general bias towards Katy from the media over Gaga. 

Katy gets too much hate from our side though. Gaga fans need to settle down a bit. 

They will learn to move on, eventually. They just need another pop star to put up against Gaga (like Madonna was before Katy).

djBuffoon

She's trying so hard not to be basic that's it's just making her seem more basic :rip:

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

JaggedMonster

It's kind of sad that people are happy that artists other than their own are being "shaded" :emma:

Its a sadistic nature :whip:

ryhanna

They will learn to move on, eventually. They just need another pop star to put up against Gaga (like Madonna was before Katy).

Yep. It's a cycle, sadly, but it'll move past Katy eventually. 

As tempting as it might be to "drag" Katy, there's really no need to. Gaga has also taken inspiration from other sources, which is completely fine. In this case, Katy is using Piet Mondrian design in a dress, something which has already been done before. Gaga even talked about this very case in one of her V Magazine editorials.

Just because she's using a work of art as a dress, doesn't mean that she is shading/copying/referencing Gaga. Plenty of artists have been doing this for years. Even Gaga has stated that the concept of ARTPOP isn't hers. And if anything, we should be happy that art is becoming pop culture, as blatant and straightforward this example might be.

I will say that I like the dress, lol. And the hair is interesting.

Gagaloo911

Drag ha

Expose ha

Sautee ha

I'm not defending anyone's behaviour, and I don't hate Katy, but I think a lot of people are just enjoying seeing Katy being called out after suffering through Gaga being treated this way for so long and the two of them being pitted against each other with a general bias towards Katy from the media over Gaga. 

Exactly :yes:

Vernier

She looks like a human rubik's cube :toofunny:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Stef

KatyCats are saying that the article is low key making fun of Gaga?

In what way?

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Holy crap MTV is shading the **** out of Katy Perry.

That ARTPOP reference. ARTPOP is cementing its way in the art culture ! :legend:

As tempting as it might be to "drag" Katy, there's really no need to. Gaga has also taken inspiration from other sources, which is completely fine. In this case, Katy is using Piet Mondrian design in a dress, something which has already been done before. Gaga even talked about this very case in one of her V Magazine editorials.

Just because she's using a work of art as a dress, doesn't mean that she is shading/copying/referencing Gaga. Plenty of artists have been doing this for years. Even Gaga has stated that the concept of ARTPOP isn't hers. And if anything, we should be happy that art is becoming pop culture, as blatant and straightforward this example might be.

I will say that I like the dress, lol. And the hair is interesting.

Archived