Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

MTV on Katy Perry's new video: Her ARTPOP could mean anything

Henry

Featured Posts

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Azor Ahai

I don't see how this is her being ARTPOP at all :confused: Dresses that are colour blocked like that have existed for ages :huh:

We are just happy MTV shades her for once after the countless of times they've been licking her butt.

Henry

Omg aren't y'all tired of this? Like seriously Gags' career has been tried to be destroyed TONS of times since she started by telling she copied other artists, and you guys are doing the same with Katy. Gaga isn't the first singer ever to be eccentric and dress up, I mean if there's a webpage called BjĂƒÆ’Â¶rkDaily there must be tons of threads about Gaga copying her, so before accusing whoever of plagiarism first think that Gaga has been really harm by this kind of criticism

ijxF5v3rRzlW9.gif

Haroon

Google Piet Mondrian and you'll see

Yeah the dresses have been inspired by him I'm guessing :shrug: They've been around for a while as far as I know, so I don't see how Katy wearing it makes her wanting to be ARTPOP or emulating ARTPOP in any way :dies:

The original painting was by Mondrian. YSL had nothing to do with Katy's reference... That's like ignoring the main source for the dress.

I don't know how much you know about the history of fashion, but those YSL dresses are some of the most iconic dresses of all time.  Of course, the dresses totally are inspired by Mondrian, but what made it so original as a piece of pop culture was putting it on a dress - that had never been done before. Anyone with even a casual knowledge of fashion history would recognize the reference.

Pierre

Drag ha. Make it worse. EXPOSE HA.

yQkaVeM.jpg

:lmao:

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Haroon

We are just happy MTV shades her for once after the countless of times they've been licking her butt.

It's kind of sad that people are happy that artists other than their own are being "shaded" :emma:

Morphine Prince

Yeah the dresses have been inspired by him I'm guessing :shrug: They've been around for a while as far as I know, so I don't see how Katy wearing it makes her wanting to be ARTPOP or emulating ARTPOP in any way :dies:

Because she is wearing ART and she's a POP star.

#ARTPOP

:derpga:

It's kind of sad that people are happy that artists other than their own are being "shaded" :emma:

#promoteonlinekindness

ryhanna

Omg aren't y'all tired of this? Like seriously Gags' career has been tried to be destroyed TONS of times since she started by telling she copied other artists, and you guys are doing the same with Katy. Gaga isn't the first singer ever to be eccentric and dress up, I mean if there's a webpage called BjĂƒÆ’Â¶rkDaily there must be tons of threads about Gaga copying her, so before accusing whoever of plagiarism first think that Gaga has been really harm by this kind of criticism

I'm not defending anyone's behaviour, and I don't hate Katy, but I think a lot of people are just enjoying seeing Katy being called out after suffering through Gaga being treated this way for so long and the two of them being pitted against each other with a general bias towards Katy from the media over Gaga. 

Katy gets too much hate from our side though. Gaga fans need to settle down a bit. 

All in all though, I blame the media for encouraging this kind of thing by practically starting a war between two fan bases. Gaga and Katy would be able to coexist if we hadn't had the idea that there's only room for one drilled into our minds. 

Mary Pain

God when you think about it, Gaga's impact in media is pretty big.. :toofunny: whether it was a success or failure, its always known :dies:

:whitney:  only the TRUE queen

Azor Ahai

We are monsters what did you expect :pawsup:

Archived