Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP and the end of Lady Gaga

Karandr

Featured Posts

Cakelikelenny

I really hope she keeps the name "lady gaga" and tbh i'm not so excited for cheek to cheek, but as a true fan i will support her but i hope the album after cheek to cheek will be another popalbum bc i love pop gaga

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alien Tulip

Interesting read but I'm not buying it. Her career is not a davinci code to decipher :smh: I do believe that after cheek to cheek she will evolve musically and go on a new path of music. I think the next album we'll see more mature midtempo songs. She's obviously not going to change her stage name though that's ridiculous to even think about.

XoXoJoanneGaga

I do think things are going to change from here on out, but I don't think she planned it. She certainly didn't want ARTPOP to go the way it did. She's just evolving naturally as a result of how the era went. 

Also, it's good to take her sweeping statements with a grain of salt. She said ARTPOP was her first real album and it ended up being very similar to her first 3. 

That gives me a whole different view :giveup: What if Gaga wanted to flop this era so she slays the next one? 

:lmao:

Brooke Hoegan

This sums up the whole situation, and is why every day I find myself liking Gaga less and less. And if you had told me this a year ago, I would never have believed you - Gaga really helped me to grow up and establish my identity, and I always pictured myself loving her forever. 

One of the things I have always admired about Gaga is her relentless work ethic. Her huge success is a direct result of the sheer amount of effort she put into her work. From the second I saw her walking around in plaid shirts and Dope beanies, I knew that Lady Gaga was over. She had maintained a mystique and an illusion for her entire career, her life according to her was a 'work of art'. The moment she actively chose to let that slide was the moment I knew this era would disappoint me. And as predicted, this laziness was soon reflected in the music, the tour, the videos, the fashion and even the promo. Back in the Born This Way era, it seemed like we had a new interview every other day, now we're lucky to get any at all. 

Gaga has lost her spark or her interest - or both. It feels now like she is only doing this to get a quick buck. And unfortunately for her, she has dug her own grave; her enigma and mystique is something she will never be able to retrieve. The second she chose to slack off, it was gone forever. 

couldn't have said it better :applause:

I even remember that interview during the Applause era for V magazine I think, that Marina Abramovic - Gaga talk. Gaga told her that she wants to show her human side, let people see what's behind the curtain and Marina told her she thinks it's not beneficial to the artist at all, but Gaga didn't care and changed the topic...

I mean, she stripped herself of the magic she was wrapped in - and for me she just feels like every other artist around now - which she isn't (or wasn't...)

eifulien

A very interesting opinion. I enjoyed the OP and I agree with some of the points made. I like how there are people here that are thinking and trying to decipher the complex person Gaga is. 

I don't know why so many of you comment on Gaga dropping her stage name. I don't think that's ever going to happen. I think what the op meant is that Lady Gaga as we know it is going to change in many aspects but not the name...  :shrug:

Honestly, some of the posts on this thread pissed me off quite a bit... But I guess that's the price for some really valuable, interesting and well-informed ones.  :hug:

XoXoJoanneGaga

couldn't have said it better :applause:

I even remember that interview during the Applause era for V magazine I think, that Marina Abramovic - Gaga talk. Gaga told her that she wants to show her human side, let people see what's behind the curtain and Marina told her she thinks it's not beneficial to the artist at all, but Gaga didn't care and changed the topic...

I mean, she stripped herself of the magic she was wrapped in - and for me she just feels like every other artist around now - which she isn't (or wasn't...)

Actually it was the other way around, I found the quote:

Lady Gaga: It is the real deal because they know what I’ve put in each time of my life and they knew what I was capable of, and when they saw my humanity start to leak, they didn’t punish me, they didn’t say, “Oh, you look human, we don’t like it.†My fans have always stood by me, but they let me know that they could see and it killed me. For them to see my humanity, which is something I think is not magical, as opposed to the work that I spend hours putting in the timeâ€â€that’s the magicâ€â€that’s what I want them to experience. I don’t want them to see that.

Marina Abramovic: Wait, now I don’t agree with this. You have to learn to embrace this and you have to actually show your vulnerability to the public. When you show both sides, it’s unbeatable. They have to learn through you, you are actually a medium to them if you can show your fragility so they can accept their own. It’s a completely new level of working. You have to embrace that part, it’s a big deal.

It's an interesting interview in hindsight, now that the era's done. I also thought this quote was hilarious, given a recent green hair tweet  :toofunny: :

Lady Gaga: Everything that we review means nothing anymore because nobody is able to look at anything with any sort of artistic eye, to find the complexity behind it. It’s like, They both wear a hat, so it’s the same, They both wear a bra like this, it’s the same, Their hair is both this color, so it’s the same.

Brooke Hoegan

Actually it was the other way around, I found the quote:

Lady Gaga: It is the real deal because they know what I’ve put in each time of my life and they knew what I was capable of, and when they saw my humanity start to leak, they didn’t punish me, they didn’t say, “Oh, you look human, we don’t like it.†My fans have always stood by me, but they let me know that they could see and it killed me. For them to see my humanity, which is something I think is not magical, as opposed to the work that I spend hours putting in the timeâ€â€that’s the magicâ€â€that’s what I want them to experience. I don’t want them to see that.

Marina Abramovic: Wait, now I don’t agree with this. You have to learn to embrace this and you have to actually show your vulnerability to the public. When you show both sides, it’s unbeatable. They have to learn through you, you are actually a medium to them if you can show your fragility so they can accept their own. It’s a completely new level of working. You have to embrace that part, it’s a big deal.

It's an interesting interview in hindsight, now that the era's done. I also thought this quote was hilarious, given a recent green hair tweet  :toofunny: :

Lady Gaga: Everything that we review means nothing anymore because nobody is able to look at anything with any sort of artistic eye, to find the complexity behind it. It’s like, They both wear a hat, so it’s the same, They both wear a bra like this, it’s the same, Their hair is both this color, so it’s the same.

oh, you're completely right !  sorry :oops:

so I really do not understand now, why did she contradict herself throughout the era ?

she did many interviews telling about the hip injury, she even did interviews speaking about Taylor - that's very human side of her, that's her private life, not a part of her artistry... + that changing wigs and outfits on stage on artRAVE...

did Marina made her change her mind ? if so, it wasn't for good...

XoXoJoanneGaga

oh, you're completely right !  sorry :oops:

so I really do not understand now, why did she contradict herself throughout the era ?

she did many interviews telling about the hip injury, she even did interviews speaking about Taylor - that's very human side of her, that's her private life, not a part of her artistry... + that changing wigs and outfits on stage on artRAVE...

did Marina made her change her mind ? if so, it wasn't for good...

Yea I assume it was a combination of Marina changing her mind during that intense session in the woods, and her just being too tired to keep up the image and mystique.

Ronk

She will do something fresh after C2C.  May still be pop, though.  I am looking forward to the new phase in her career.  Btw, ARTPOP is not a flop and she is not a Madonna copy.

I live outside the space time continuum.

IrishMike18

Let me see if I can put your theory into the most basic of terms.

TF, TFM, BTW were Gaga as a caterpillar. ARTPOP is her cacoon stage, and with Cheek to Cheek and her next album, she will emerge as a new butterfly?

Slade

I'll always support her, but "Lady Gaga" is such a ****ing iconic name. I want her to keep it.

I think that after ARTPOP wasn't as big of a success as she imagined, she's going to pull out all of the stops for the next album/era. Didn't she tell a fan backstage that after Cheek to Cheek she wants to put out her best material to date? I believe it completely. She's not giving up without a fight. I cannot wait to see what the next era has in store!

GagaUnderYou

That gives me a whole different view :giveup: What if Gaga wanted to flop this era so she slays the next one? 

No artist wants their work to flop. Gaga even told GagaDaily users that ARTPOP was her best work to date, and she didn't think she could top it ever 

EnigmaMonstr

I like the way you think OP. I have thought this same thing myself before and you articulated it very well. Shes just going to be reborn for this next album just like with each one in the past.

I'll always support her, but "Lady Gaga" is such a ****ing iconic name. I want her to keep it.

I think that after ARTPOP wasn't as big of a success as she imagined, she's going to pull out all of the stops for the next album/era. Didn't she tell a fan backstage that after Cheek to Cheek she wants to put out her best material to date? I believe it completely. She's not giving up without a fight. I cannot wait to see what the next era has in store!

Same! With all of what happened in her life from the moment ARTPOP was released, both professionally and personally, it's safe to say that she has grown in almost every sense of the word. And that growth could likely translate into her next music material.   :flutter:

Archived