💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

my Chicago artRAVE outfit

Dylangaga

Featured Posts

LibraLove

Wish I could have gotten a picture with you!

good job!

but do you know who painted it?

Da Vinci? Or are you talking about who made the shirt?

Kenon Astro

Wish I could have gotten a picture with you!

Da Vinci? Or are you talking about who made the shirt?

yes da vinci.

well cause i have met some gaga fans wearing the birth of venus shirt and asked them if they even know who painted it, and 3 out of 5 DID NOT. :fail:

LibraLove

yes da vinci.

well cause i have met some gaga fans wearing the birth of venus shirt and asked them if they even know who painted it, and 3 out of 5 DID NOT. :fail:

Lord. Botticelli. How old were they? They need to go through Art History in college.

Kenon Astro

Lord. Botticelli. How old were they? They need to go through Art History in college.

Exactly. It's annoying when hipsters/fans put on art for the sake of copying Gaga without even knowing the origin of the piece, which is Gaga's intention in the first place to teach us

(**NOT implying that the OP is like this, because that shirt is amazing)

LibraLove

Exactly. It's annoying when hipsters/fans put on art for the sake of copying Gaga without even knowing the origin of the piece, which is Gaga's intention in the first place to teach us

(**NOT implying that the OP is like this, because that shirt is amazing)

But hopefully through the enlightenment and shining upon of the art that Gaga does, fans and people will learn about these remarkable works. But some people are just stubborn and ignorant. I knew about most, if not all of the influences she emulated throughout the era, but I was just so amazed at the time she started showing Venus/Botticelli, Mona Lisa, Picasso fashion, etc. that I was in Art History class and it correlated with every teaching my professor taught. It was astounding. And people have the gall to say that her videos/influences are sh!t and just random crap.

She succeeded in her mission to bring art into pop culture. And she did it extraordinarily. It just flew over people's heads because the majority of the world no longer cares about this craft.

Kenon Astro

But hopefully through the enlightenment and shining upon of the art that Gaga does, fans and people will learn about these remarkable works. But some people are just stubborn and ignorant. I knew about most, if not all of the influences she emulated throughout the era, but I was just so amazed at the time she started showing Venus/Botticelli, Mona Lisa, Picasso fashion, etc. that I was in Art History class and it correlated with every teaching my professor taught. It was astounding. And people have the gall to say that her videos/influences are sh!t and just random crap.

She succeeded in her mission to bring art into pop culture. And she did it extraordinarily. It just flew over people's heads because the majority of the world no longer cares about this craft.

Exactly. You summarized everything in my head :worship: :worship:

I was just in Art History class last semester too and everything correlated as well. You don't happen to live in Orange County/LA? :udidnt:

LibraLove

Exactly. You summarized everything in my head :worship: :worship:

I was just in Art History class last semester too and everything correlated as well. You don't happen to live in Orange County/LA? :udidnt:

No. Lol. I live in Weakley, Tennessee. I was in ARTHISTORY at the start of the ARTPOP era. August 2013. My professor literally sh!t herself when I showed her the album/koons artwork and all the imagery in the Applause video. She was so shocked that a Pop Artist literally was teaching me every single thing her curriculum was. Haha.

Dylangaga

Thanks everyone for the kind words! :) This is a cubism piece inspired by Picasso's Mona Lisa...I wanted to wear something original and different instead of the common things ppl wore like the seashell bikinis (not that theres anything wrong with that!) I painted this and i thought it came out pretty good  :hug:

And I absolutely love the lyrics bc it implies so much about the shirt I made..I am my art!

Archived