💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

PWT grosses $30m+ from just 16 shows?

Stef

Featured Posts

Stef

Apparently, the VIP tickets are counted in the grosses for Katy, but not for the other artists :awkney:

I don't want to sound pressed, but these grosses seem to good to be true, is it possible theyre fabricated to add to Katys good positive image in the media?

I sound pressed :rip:

What?

how come the artrave had a better attendance and in MSG and yet it grossed less than the PWT? :confused:

MTE! Do I sense some bluffing on Billboards behalf?

Signature loading… 👹🖤

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeleteMyAccount

From I can tell, it's because Katy's tickets are more expensive.  Doesn't really matter though.  But yea, prices are a huge factor.

Arizonadream777

$26m from 17 shows, also, Billboard IS counting Katy's special tickets and packages, but not Gaga's, so I think Pollstar will provide the real Gaga receipts at the end of the year

isn't that 23 shows or am i readingthis wrong? :)

Not completely accurate numbers. Things are being inflated in a number of ways because this was supposed to be a Bad Romance level era for her, but it just never exploded that way, still huge, just not Gaga in her prime huge.

Hecturr

lol they're counting VIP tickets, is it possible for someone here to find out how much gaga made from each date with VIP tickets? 

chris777

Her tour will be a big increase from her previous tour, if you check there are some places where she is doing AMAZING and in others she is doing ok. 150M or more at the end for sure.

Is great to see all the pop girls have become touring forces  :applause:

Joaco95

dont really care

care enough to open the thread, read the op and comment something

SharGaga

The UK leg did bad but the North American leg is doing exceptionally well.

just noticed Katy sold out FL to a smaller attendance than Gaga :reductive:

But this is irrelevant because they were also different venues lol. Gaga performed in Ft Lauderdale while katy didn't, katy performed in Miami, Tampa, & sunrise.

Yanko

care enough to open the thread, read the op and comment something

yeah thats old 

Arturo

But this is irrelevant because they were also different venues lol. Gaga performed in Ft Lauderdale while katy didn't, katy performed in Miami, Tampa, & sunrise.

The venue in Ft. Lauderdale and Sunrise is the same venue. Gaga's team just labelled the show as being in Ft. Lauderdale when in reality, the venue is in Sunrise.

Houdini

Pollstar said she grossed $22,0 million with her first 22 shows.

Now we have numbers of additional 5 shows bringing the total gross of $30,259,880.

so she grossed $30,2 million with 27 shows.

Apparently, the VIP tickets are counted in the grosses for Katy, but not for the other artists :awkney:

and you know that because..?

Not completely accurate numbers. Things are being inflated in a number of ways because this was supposed to be a Bad Romance level era for her, but it just never exploded that way, still huge, just not Gaga in her prime huge.

numbers inflated ? come on

Not 16 shows. That's nothing but an exaggeration. Some of the numbers they're using are from Pollstar's, not from Billboard's Boxscores due to the unavailability (on the part of Billboard) of the tour gross sales of some of her UK dates. And Pollstar clearly indicated that the $22 million figure for this tour which was published via its midyear report was for its first 22 shows. Now that automatically refutes this ridiculous claim from a Twitter stan. 

According to Billboard Boxscore, PRISMATIC World Tour has grossed $26 million from its 20 reported shows alone. Hence, it isn't really impossible if this tour has now grossed more than $30 million, including all of its completed dates. That's a huge improvement as opposed to the performance of her last world tour, mainly thanks to the notable increase of her ticket prices.

Anyway, this isn't exactly "news". This kind of discussions (such as inquiries) belongs to the Katy Perry base thread. So continue it there.

Closing.  

Archived