💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lana Del Rey Responds to "So Legit".

Monster2015

Featured Posts

Antidote

Interesting to know that they have never met each other.

But yeah the fact that she just laughs when the question about So Legit is brought up....I love Lana's music but somehow she isn't very good at answering questions :awkney:

She could have answered that the song was written long ago or just that she doesn't want to comment

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaloo911

Meanwhile Gagz remains unbothered on her stage and more relevant than del rey will ever be :REDUCTIVE:

Omegahedron

Lies, the song is about her and it is an attack.

Shame, could have been an opportunity for her to recant and show a bit of humility. Ah, she doesn't seem like the type. She doesn't seem like she feels obliged to anyone - and not in a good way. :reductive:

Omegahedron

You Lana . . . this is what I think of you . . . 

tumblr_mley2foMJz1remxvto1_500.gif

rs_500x211-140507104635-westcoast19.gif

PatrickMonster

They performed the same night but not together..

I know, but the title of the thread was misleading, said something like Lady Gaga performed together with Lana Del Rey. He changed it later on.

nathantj594

I still don't understand who Lana Del Rey is. Everyone in this fanbase seems to go nuts over her, but I've only heard one of her songs in full. It was a remix on the radio. The other times I've tried to sit all the way through a song it just sounds like an emo girl singing under water. 

Why y'all love her so much? I'm not trying to shade, I'm honestly just wondering what her appeal is.

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

JaggedMonster

I still don't understand who Lana Del Rey is. Everyone in this fanbase seems to go nuts over her, but I've only heard one of her songs in full. It was a remix on the radio. The other times I've tried to sit all the way through a song it just sounds like an emo girl singing under water. 

Why y'all love her so much? I'm not trying to shade, I'm honestly just wondering what her appeal is.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnn :rip:

• 3 weeks later...
nativenewyorker

If you listen to the lyrics of So Legit, Lana talks about the death of the downtown music scene in New York. She insists that they all lived a "punk rock" lifestyle because they were all making art that didn't necessarily appeal to everyone, but they believed in it.

It's clear that when Gaga abandoned her alternative/indie rock sound for dance pop, Lana felt betrayed, like Gaga was ****ting on where she came from and furthering the death of "real music." It's a very snobby, hipster attitude, but that's the general attitude in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and the Lower East Side, Manhattan.

I think Lana also had a little bitterness in her because Gaga was actually becoming a star because of her change in style and Lana was still playing shows for smaller crowds.

I understand where Lana was coming from and it seems like she doesn't feel that way anymore. I hope she sees that Gaga's New York roots were always with her and that she doesn't just make bubblegum pop.

Archived