Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Cheek to Cheek Album Discussion

giskardsb

Featured Posts

SKANK

I mostly agree with you, but I think the visuals they did with Steven Klein are pretty abnormal for a typical ~Tony~Bennett~duets~ kind of thing. Having seen SK's other work (non-Gaga included), I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't have picked him to do the photography. Like the album cover itself...it screams Gaga's recent "creative rebellion" attitude, for better or for worse. 

Really? I think the album art for Cheek To Cheek is very humdrum, not very forward thinking, and is catering to the stay at home Mom's who watch HSN. With exception to the photograph on the Anything Goes single cover and the black and white photograph of Gaga hanging from Tony's neck with the dramatic eye make up, the Klein images are pretty basic. They aren't awful, I just don't think they are in any way indicative of a "creative rebellion." The Delux Edition of Cheek To Cheek looks like the cover of every other duets record I have ever seen, and the stardered version is nearly identical just with a cheesy fake newspaper over lay.

To make this project interesting I would have loved to see Gaga develop a character like Jo Calderone's girlfriend or something, and stay in character the entire time she promoted and performed songs from this record. Or to just bring "Gaga" to the project in a more interesting way...disco sticks and puke are just as effective with jazz as they are with EDM.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ASTROVEGA

This is so great!!! I LOVE hearing her reach these crazy notes. Her pop beats songs sometimes hide how great her range is but the jazz instruments compliment her voice so much! Makes me beyond happy.

This makes up for the app mess that was yesterday.

xoxo cupcakke

Tony can't even sing....He only talks in those songs :wtf:

A lot of people on here are hating on you. I agree that Tony's talking those verses. Honestly, what would people think of Tony if Gaga never mentioned him? Would they still hold him in such high regard? It's like the reason they hate on Katy. She has a mediocre voice yet had a successful album era but is seen as the anti-Gaga. Now what if she were to collab with Gaga? Then again she has no Grammy Awards so... :teehee:

These videos are simple but I like them for this kind of songs. And Gaga looks like she's really enjoying it :)

Battle 4 Ur Life

Flawless!! She is flawless, the video and her voice and herself are flawless, no doubt about this . but I'm pretty sure I'm never gonna watch it a 2nd time cause, unfortunately, the song it's not my cup of TEA. I can't help it.

But keep 'em coming, they look fun to watch and I'll always be screaming and cheering for you anyway.  :party:

#SLAY

“Stupid Love aged like Macallan tho”

DrewStevens

A lot of people on here are hating on you. I agree that Tony's talking those verses. Honestly, what would people think of Tony if Gaga never mentioned him? Would they still hold him in such high regard? It's like the reason they hate on Katy. She has a mediocre voice yet had a successful album era but is seen as the anti-Gaga. Now what if she were to collab with Gaga? Then again she has no Grammy Awards so... :teehee:

The fact that you compared Katy with Tony is just cringeworthy.

"what would people think of Tony if Gaga never mentioned him?" - People with some kind of general knowledge would consider him as a legend. Tony is one of the most iconic traditional pop/jazz singers of all time, he has won 17 Grammy Awards and two Emmy Awards, he is the founder of the Frank Sinatra School of the Arts, he is an accomplished painter, he fought in the World War II and participated in the Civil Rights movement.

He is almost in his 90's and he still got a #1 album 3 years ago.

giskardsb

what do you expected , lady is a tramp was cheap they dont put budget for jazz video :rip:  nothing about this era will be phenomenal. 

except the music and the live performances.

Juanjo

She looks so happy, and Tony loves her, so much! You can tell the amazing energy and happiness in that studio, emanating not just from Gaga and Tony, but from everybody else. :)

high heeled fem

At last :giveup:

(But let's be honest, this is almost exactly the same as the video for Anything Goes :oops: )

TimisaMonster

Tony can't even sing....He only talks in those songs :wtf:

Pitbull in 40 years...:reductive:

Plus...these videos are boring me....I know Tony can't do a major video, but these are so :messga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

giskardsb

when Gaga gets around to doing a solo jazz album she'll Gagaify it, and it's videos, I don't doubt.  I think she's intentionally keeping things very conventional with this album.

Jonna Lee

**fixed 4 u bby

except everything.

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

• Admin unpinned this topic
  • Mills locked this topic

Archived