Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

My artRAVE experience

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

Yesterday I attended the Houston artRAVE and this was my first time seeing Gaga live. I had a seat so I just arrived early for parking purposes. I arrived at 4 and I met this girl with her mom and grandma who were all Gaga stans in the parking garage. I went alone but they pretty much told me to join them, so I did. Turns out the girl's brother knew where Gaga and Crayon Pop were going to enter in the back of the stadium. So we waited for like an hour and a half and I saw Crayon Pop get off their bus and walk in. I also saw Lacee (Gaga's assistant?) walk in. Sadly Gaga didn't show up at that time and it was time to go in. There were protesters outside saying people would go to Hell, as usual. That's how you know you're at the right show. I was dressed normally and felt so out of place at times :smh: So many costumes were crazy. The camel toes were rampant. The music before the show was good. Crayon Pop were really nice and cute. I couldn't understand them but they put on a good show. Lady Starlight was a complete bore. She was on for an hour and everyone was miserable. Gaga finally came on at 9:30 and this show is AMAZING. If you haven't attended just know that videos do it no justice. Being there is completely different. Her voice sounds so good and the songs sound better live than in studio version. It was surreal to me that after 5 years I was finally seeing Gaga. She sang a part of TEOG and Judas. Quotes from the show that stood out to me was when she said "If you don't wanna listen to ARTPOP, I suggest you grab a glowstick and gtfo" and also during TEOG she said "There's no fuking lip syncing at my show.... just devil worshipping" and started singing Judas and later said "Jk, we worship each other." After Aura she was showered with toys and said she had to change that part of the show :lmao: During Gypsy she brought a little girl on stage with her that had a similar dress on. People were crying and it was a perfect ending. Also, during Swine she brought a whole bunch of fans onstage.

Overall, I had a great time and am glad I got to see her :)

Sorry for the long read, I just wanted to share :rip:

monsterdreams

Congrats sis

Hope I get the same experience when I go

By the sounds of it gaga had loads of fun in Houston

(By the way, what does lady starlight do at the artrave?)

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Logan

At Chicago she was literally pelted with gifts for about 20 seconds nonstop. Luckily she had her arms up. Girl puts herself in danger too much.

Ambrosia

Glad you had a good time and met some nice people!  I've heard nothing but good and positive things coming out of these shows.  :)

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

Morphine Prince

long read? :excuseme: that wasnt long at all

Well, people here don't like to read past like 3 sentences sometimes so... :rip:

I'm so excited! My show is on Monday!

Where were you seated?

Section 115 at Toyota Center. I had a great view.

mucinex

Well, people here don't like to read past like 3 sentences sometimes so... :rip:

oh yeah, forgot about that :rip:

Morphine Prince

Aww, I'm glad you have a great time! I did too :party:

How was meeting her?

Essence

Section 115 at Toyota Center. I had a great view.

Holy ****. My seats are 107 at Staples which is basically the exact equivalent. Now I'm super hyped!! (Not that I wasn't before)

Rolodex of Hate

Does Lady Starlight notice that no one enjoys her show :awkney: Like no one.  :awkney:  Everyone says it's boring as *** :reductive:

We have no legal choice but to stan

Morphine Prince

Holy ****. My seats are 107 at Staples which is basically the exact equivalent. Now I'm super hyped!! (Not that I wasn't before)

It actually looked closer than what I expected. You'll have a great time!

LadyoftheDam

How was meeting her?

Beyond amazing. She's everything you imagine her to be + more. 

Archived