💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Tour Shortening, Our Fault?

ThatSLAYGUY

Featured Posts

MrFameKills

We're always going to complain, she has way too many songs and two hours are just not enough to please everybody. Oh well

Qzell7t.gif

wish ya good fortune in tha wars 2 come

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She sang TEOG the other night too and I read that the crowd went crazy. Probably she realized it was a mistake not to have more BTW songs on the setlist; both songs are hits after all  :manicure:

I would trade Just Dance and Telephone to get MJH and Fashion! back  :redface: . It's normal that after some albums you can't/shouldn't perform ALL your hits anymore. Poker Face and Bad Romance should always still be included, though (which happily is the case).

Just dance should always be included. It's her first hit!! 

Born To Slay

No it's not because the show is too short. She could definitely perform 20+ songs in full.

MiMiMonsterx3

I'm fine with more BTW protagonism (although she played 16 BTW songs in my BTWB show) but if you're gonna add BTW songs do it properly, not a 30 seconds snippet. :awkney:

I agree with that as well. I think it's very hard for her to make decisions like this. Maybe because she isn't a typical "radio artist" like she used to be. A radio artist has generic fans who want to hear the hits they hear on the radio, they want to hear the singles, & the award winning songs, with few songs that are less popular.

But most of the fan base Gaga has now are fans who have been with her since The Fame (some even prior to that). 95% of her fans now are into almost ALL her music. We want every song to be played. It's impossible to please everyone. 

Some are upset when she doesn't play a song at all.

Some are upset when a less popular song is cut.

Some would rather a song not played at all if she won't play it completely.

Some wants to hear it full out & not on piano.

Some want less ARTPOP.

Some want more hits. 

It's literally impossible. I can only imagine what she goes through when she makes her setlist. 

It's called the ARTPOP Ball, which puts the focus on ARTPOP but not everyone likes a tour done that way. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion & preferences but I feel bad for Gaga. I'm always afraid that she is secretly stalking this site & reading through it & taking our criticism to heart. I know deep down we all support her & love her & I hope she knows that. She tries so hard to please everyone.

Imagine what a "radio hits" setlist would be like for her

(I'm just limiting it to 20 songs to make a point & adding some extra ARTPOP being that it's the ARTPOP Ball)

1. ARTPOP

2. G.U.Y

3. Born This Way

4. Alejandro

5. Pokerface

6. Just Dance

7. Venus

8. MANiCURE

9. You & I

10. Paparazzi

11. LoveGame

12. Sexxx Dreams

13. Judas

14. Telephone

15. The Edge Of Glory

16. Do What U Want

17. Gypsy

18. Marry The Night

19. Bad Romance

20. Applause

Its completely different. Some may love this because it includes many of everyones favorites. Or some may hate it because it doesn't include the newer material.

Dayman

The problem is she has reached that point where she can long do all her singles plus all album tracks so she is juggling the seiat the best she can so she cover all grounds.

MonsterOfSpain

I agree with that as well. I think it's very hard for her to make decisions like this. Maybe because she isn't a typical "radio artist" like she used to be. A radio artist has generic fans who want to hear the hits they hear on the radio, they want to hear the singles, & the award winning songs, with few songs that are less popular.

But most of the fan base Gaga has now are fans who have been with her since The Fame (some even prior to that). 95% of her fans now are into almost ALL her music. We want every song to be played. It's impossible to please everyone. 

Some want less ARTPOP.

Some want more hits. 

It's literally impossible. I can only imagine what she goes through when she makes her setlist. 

It's called the ARTPOP Ball, which puts the focus on ARTPOP but not everyone likes a tour done that way. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion & preferences but I feel bad for Gaga. I'm always afraid that she is secretly stalking this site & reading through it & taking our criticism to heart. I know deep down we all support her & love her & I hope she knows that. She tries so hard to please everyone.

(I'm just limiting it to 20 songs to make a point & adding some extra ARTPOP being that it's the ARTPOP Ball)

1. ARTPOP

2. G.U.Y

3. Born This Way

4. Alejandro

5. Pokerface

6. Just Dance

7. Venus

8. MANiCURE

9. You & I

10. Paparazzi

11. LoveGame

12. Sexxx Dreams

13. Judas

14. Telephone

15. The Edge Of Glory

16. Do What U Want

17. Gypsy

18. Marry The Night

19. Bad Romance

20. Applause

Its completely different. Some may love this because it includes many of everyones favorites. Or some may hate it because it doesn't include the newer material.

I love how you try to include everyone's opinion in your thoughts, I agree that it's impossible to please everybody and it must be difficult to her to decide which songs she'll perform.

Oh and also you both look so good in your avatar, you're so lucky! :)

Born To Slay

Im fine with 30 secs of TEOG. Im fine with 1 min of Judas. Im fine with MJH and Fashion! Cut. but, I am pissed the hell off that Aura and Sexxx Dreams were shortened... Aura is short as it is so there was no need to cut it. And Sexxx Dreams is one of the best on the album, so why the hell would it be shortened... In my opinon, get rid of Telephone and Pokerface, and extend Aura and Sexx Dreams and Judas and bring back MJH

Maybe get rid of Telephone and Paparazzi, Poker Face is a little too iconic to cut. That'd be like if Britney Spears cut Baby One More Time.

Born To Slay

Some want less ARTPOP.

Some want more hits. 

1. ARTPOP

2. G.U.Y

3. Born This Way

4. Alejandro

5. Pokerface

6. Just Dance

7. Venus

8. MANiCURE

9. You & I

10. Paparazzi

11. LoveGame

12. Sexxx Dreams

13. Judas

14. Telephone

15. The Edge Of Glory

16. Do What U Want

17. Gypsy

18. Marry The Night

19. Bad Romance

20. Applause

Why can't she just make the show longer? It's not even an hour and a half.

geopang

Maybe get rid of Telephone and Paparazzi, Poker Face is a little too iconic to cut. That'd be like if Britney Spears cut Baby One More Time.

I guess. I could totally do without Paparazzi and Telephone.

MANiDONTCURE

She didn't do anything for Fashion but walk out to the piano. It was a rather useless transitional song and the audience went flat during that time anyhow. I'm pretty sure it didn't last more than a minute and I barely even remember her singing it.

She traded one choreographed number (MJH) for another one (Judas). If she was trying to cut the show or protect her hip, why would she be adding songs and choreography, when she drops others?

Really? When Fashion! came on at my show, everyone started going crazy, singing and dancing lol, it was one of my favorite performances of the night. MJH was w/e, I was just waiting for the time to scream.

Born To Slay

I guess. I could totally do without Paparazzi and Telephone.

Actually, I think Alejandro would be better to cut. Paparazzi is still kind of iconic.

Really? When Fashion! came on at my show, everyone started going crazy, singing and dancing lol, it was one of my favorite performances of the night. MJH was w/e, I was just waiting for the time to scream.

This about the Fashion part

PlanetChromatica

I'm hoping they are coming up with new staging/choreo for MJH and Fashion plus I really hope she does a longer version of Judas and a proper performance of Edge of Glory.

Archived