Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Tour Shortening, Our Fault?

ThatSLAYGUY

Featured Posts

TylerMedeiros

I do not understand why she is shortening the tour. I do not understand why she is taking out songs from the album titled ARTPOP when she is on an Artrave: The ARTPOP ball tour...

Makes ZERO sense Gaga. Even though I love TEOG and JUDAS... Come on. Would've loved to see this album's concept further explored..

YEET

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

It is the ARTPOP ball though  :lolgaga:

And the majority of the songs are still from ARTPOP. She still performs 3/4 of the songs from ARTPOP.

ThatSLAYGUY

And the majority of the songs are still from ARTPOP. She still performs 3/4 of the songs from ARTPOP.

That is true  :golfclap:

Whispering

Because they last for 90 seconds together! 1 minute Judas and 30 seconds TEOG only :(

...which MAY be the length of time that Fashion took, if that much.

A five minute time difference (if MJH even took that long) is not a significant time difference. :smh:

You are acting like she cut out 30 minutes of the show.

ThatSLAYGUY

...which MAY be the length of time that Fashion took, if that much.

A five minute time difference (if MJH even took that long) is not a significant time difference. :smh:

You are acting like she cut out 30 minutes of the show.

It's not really a time matter kind of thing, I just really want to hear these songs she is cutting 

Whispering

I think it has to do with her hip. It seems like she's shortening songs not just removing them for the sake of. I really hope that's not the case but it makes more sense than her thinking that removing songs and adding a chorus of TEOG/1 minute of Judas is going to help anything..

She didn't do anything for Fashion but walk out to the piano. It was a rather useless transitional song and the audience went flat during that time anyhow. I'm pretty sure it didn't last more than a minute and I barely even remember her singing it.

She traded one choreographed number (MJH) for another one (Judas). If she was trying to cut the show or protect her hip, why would she be adding songs and choreography, when she drops others?

Whispering

It's not really a time matter kind of thing, I just really want to hear these songs she is cutting 

I understand. I wanted to hear Dope. Oh well...artists never sing every song I personally want them to sing or perform everything exactly the way I think they should in their concert sets.

I can tell you that the show was so amazing, I didn't even think about what she was or wasn't performing at the time. It is definitely in my top concert experiences of all time! :party:

I love MJH on the album, but felt it wasn't a highlight in any way when performed live. Like I stated before, Fashion was presented as a transition song and wasn't a stand alone performance or anything most people would even remember.

Bleachella

MJH was cut INDEFINITELY? Aw. Glad i got to see it before it was removed. Sorry to the monsters who wont see it :hug:

ThatSLAYGUY

I understand. I wanted to hear Dope. Oh well...artists never sing every song I personally want them to sing or perform everything exactly the way I think they should in their concert sets.

I can tell you that the show was so amazing, I didn't even think about what she was or wasn't performing at the time. It is definitely in my top concert experiences of all time! :party:

I love MJH on the album, but felt it wasn't a highlight in any way when performed live. Like I stated before, Fashion was presented as a transition song and wasn't a stand alone performance or anything most people would even remember.

Thanks for your thoughts  :hug:

I don't remember voicing an opinion on a fan forum = highly influencing a worldwide mutli-million grossing tour but OK  :later:

MiMiMonsterx3

I loved MJH. Glad I saw it live twice before it was cut.

I think it was a good choice to cut Fashion! too.

I really believe that what made her

cut 2 ARTPOP songs was the response of her fans!

Think about it...

Because of a fan she sang a portion of Hair.

Because of another fan she sang a portion of The Queen.

She's also done little portions of Marry The Night & The Edge Of Glory which had awesome responses from the fans.

It is pretty obvious that her fans wanted more BTW work. Many of her US fans also had an attachment to BTW because the era wasn't complete for us. Most of us never got to see the tour, unless we went to a date in another country. All we had was the album, her promotional performances & whatever videos we found off youtube.

We all know Gaga listens to us. Even if it's called the ARTPOP Ball & she wanted to focus on ARTPOP, she will overall try to please her fans. We still support ARTPOP, a majority of the show is ARTPOP but I think it was necessary to give some attention to BTW. ARTPOP didn't need to take up the whole setlist.

I think Gaga just loves doing different performances. That's why she frequently cuts a lot of old material. She loves creating something NEW, therefore she loves bringing her newest material to life. If Gaga did all her hits she would be doing a majority of the same choreograpy for years. How many years has Bad Romance been performed with the same choreography? Just Dance? Pokerface? It's always the same choreography for the most part. Bad Romance is one of her biggest hits that she will most likely have to perform forever. That's a lot of years of doing the same Bad Romance choreography (idk why she wouldn't just switch up the choreography, but she doesn't really do that). I think that has a lot to do with it. She's so innovative. Automatically she wants to focus on all her new material & make it so that her fans get to hear the music & have a visual of the ENTIRE album. To her it's not about her hits & singles it's about bringing the entire piece of work to life.

Sadly, that means if any fan misses a tour of hers for whatever reason they will most likely never get to hear the material associated with that tour ever again. The next tour will most likely have 1 or

2 ARTPOP songs. But it will have like 14 of her newer songs. For some that may seem like a good thing, for some others they may not like that. But it seems that's how Gaga works.

I support whatever she does & I am thankful enough just to see her live regardless of what material she performs.

BUT DON'T MISS ANY TOURS LITTLE MONSTERS!

geopang

Im fine with 30 secs of TEOG. Im fine with 1 min of Judas. Im fine with MJH and Fashion! Cut. but, I am pissed the hell off that Aura and Sexxx Dreams were shortened... Aura is short as it is so there was no need to cut it. And Sexxx Dreams is one of the best on the album, so why the hell would it be shortened... In my opinon, get rid of Telephone and Pokerface, and extend Aura and Sexx Dreams and Judas and bring back MJH

MonsterOfSpain

I loved MJH. Glad I saw it live twice before it was cut.

I think it was a good choice to cut Fashion! too.

I really believe that what made her

cut 2 ARTPOP songs was the response of her fans!

Think about it...

Because of a fan she sang a portion of Hair.

Because of another fan she sang a portion of The Queen.

She's also done little portions of Marry The Night & The Edge Of Glory which had awesome responses from the fans.

It is pretty obvious that her fans wanted more BTW work. Many of her US fans also had an attachment to BTW because the era wasn't complete for us. Most of us never got to see the tour, unless we went to a date in another country. All we had was the album, her promotional performances & whatever videos we found off youtube.

We all know Gaga listens to us. Even if it's called the ARTPOP Ball & she wanted to focus on ARTPOP, she will overall try to please her fans. We still support ARTPOP, a majority of the show is ARTPOP but I think it was necessary to give some attention to BTW. ARTPOP didn't need to take up the whole setlist.

I think Gaga just loves doing different performances. That's why she frequently cuts a lot of old material. She loves creating something NEW, therefore she loves bringing her newest material to life. If Gaga did all her hits she would be doing a majority of the same choreograpy for years. How many years has Bad Romance been performed with the same choreography? Just Dance? Pokerface? It's always the same choreography for the most part. Bad Romance is one of her biggest hits that she will most likely have to perform forever. That's a lot of years of doing the same Bad Romance choreography (idk why she wouldn't just switch up the choreography, but she doesn't really do that). I think that has a lot to do with it. She's so innovative. Automatically she wants to focus on all her new material & make it so that her fans get to hear the music & have a visual of the ENTIRE album. To her it's not about her hits & singles it's about bringing the entire piece of work to life.

Sadly, that means if any fan misses a tour of hers for whatever reason they will most likely never get to hear the material associated with that tour ever again. The next tour will most likely have 1 or

2 ARTPOP songs. But it will have like 14 of her newer songs. For some that may seem like a good thing, for some others they may not like that. But it seems that's how Gaga works.

I support whatever she does & I am thankful enough just to see her live regardless of what material she performs.

BUT DON'T MISS ANY TOURS LITTLE MONSTERS!

I'm fine with more BTW protagonism (although she played 16 BTW songs in my BTWB show) but if you're gonna add BTW songs do it properly, not a 30 seconds snippet. :awkney:

Archived