💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Did Yu-Gi-Oh! slay your life?

JaggedMonster

Featured Posts

Cody Draco

I find all the others (except from the Grand Championship) better tbh.  :shrug:

If you do see it, then watch it as it is.

I don't think they ever directly spoke to each other. I might be wrong.

Seasons: Season 0 (Japan only, name for one season of show under a different animation company than the rest of the show, and was directly based on the manga); Duelist Kingdom; Battle City; The Virtual World Arc/BattleCity Finals; Waking the Dragons (Dartz); KC Grand Prix/Ancient Egypt. The Capsule Monsters anime Vendetta mentioned was made entirely in the USA; it was not originally Japanese.

Waking the Dragons has a funky plot but some of the animation is gorgeous.

Ancient Egypt has some really stupid animation. It was the last part from the manga (after the Battle City Finals; season Dartz and the KC Grand Prix were made up for the show). Takahashi was ill and high on painkillers, plus on a deadline, so it didn't get anywhere near done at the level he conceptualized it. Shame, really.

And yes I did watch the YGO movie. It sucks now to watch it but it was a big thing back in the day.

Wow thanks for all of the information you two. I will definitely check out these other seasons. :yes:

It's nice to see that Yu-Gi-Oh! hasn't been erased from everyone's memories yet. I'm scared of the day when nobody knows of it first hand and people will have to look it up on wikipedia. It's such an amazing franchise. A million times better than the majority of what is on tv these days imo. :wub:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
calmar

Wow thanks for all of the information you two. I will definitely check out these other seasons. :yes:

It's nice to see that Yu-Gi-Oh! hasn't been erased from everyone's memories yet. I'm scared of the day when nobody knows of it first hand and people will have to look it up on wikipedia. It's such an amazing franchise. A million times better than the majority of what is on tv these days imo. :wub:

It's very alive on Tumblr. Plus, the 5th YGO series - YGO Arc-V - is currently airing in Japan, so at least the 'geeks playing card games' concept won't die any time soon. 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

GypsyPrince

The whole Egyptian theme slayed me so much and I stanned for the 3 God Cards :legend:

calmar

The whole Egyptian theme slayed me so much and I stanned for the 3 God Cards :legend:

It definitely made me want to learn Ancient Egyptian. Of course since it existed from a time period equivalent to Old Latin - Modern Italian, choosing 'which' Egyptian to study is a different story.

Which god card was your favorite?

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

VforVendetta

Agreed. :yes:

GypsyPrince

It definitely made me want to learn Ancient Egyptian. Of course since it existed from a time period equivalent to Old Latin - Modern Italian, choosing 'which' Egyptian to study is a different story.

Which god card was your favorite?

I loved the Winged Dragon of Ra the most. :giveup:

calmar

a.k.a. Mega Ultra Chicken. :creepflop:

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

VforVendetta

Slifer The Sky Dragon was always my favorite. 

tumblr_ma3do27Gys1rz304jo3_500.gif

slifer_sky_dragon_of_osiris_by_chaostudi

GypsyPrince

Slifer The Sky Dragon was always my favorite. 

tumblr_ma3do27Gys1rz304jo3_500.gif

slifer_sky_dragon_of_osiris_by_chaostudi

This too. I think Silfer got the most screen time amongst the 3.

VforVendetta

This too. I think Silfer got the most screen time amongst the 3.

Indeed. All got almost the same screen time but Slifer got a bit more.

tumblr_m59vpobQKW1qiy0obo1_500.gif

any self-respected Pokemonster wouldn't like that trash 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Runway

No Pokemon was better. The boys were obsessed with the cards tho :awkney:

Archived