Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga teaches Art via Instagram

LaMaisonGaga

Featured Posts

Zilla

I'm confused tbh. Pop art is basically taking imagery from popular culture and using them in art pieces.

So I guess she's taking items in art and putting it into pop culture again and the music itself and that's ARTPOP?

Best definition I could think of, however not entirely sold on her idea of Warholism. If that's even a word.

And before anyone comes after me, I have a bachelors in fine art so I have knowledge in the subject :)

𝙸'πš– 𝚊 πš“πš˜πš›πšπšœ πšŠπš—πš πš“πšŽπš•πš•πš’ πšœπš‘πš˜πšŽπšœ πš”πš’πš—πš 𝚘𝚏 πšπš’πš›πš•.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hexxx

DrunkGa at her glory :legend:

:toofunga:

Not into that form of art gaga but glad you made it clear

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

IWannaBeThatGUY

Her ARTPOP could mean anything? That's how we know its ARTPOP inspired?

Β 

thanks, now I know what exactly ARTPOP is. It's basically... everything!

Β 

Maybe next era she can make an artistic statement about matter.

Β 

edit: oh look, I got 3 warning points for supposedly wishing Justin Bieber drowned... wtf??

Well if that's what she wants to do. If SHE wants to sing us a little song about gravity and the big bang then that is after all HER choice. She is the artist, and we are all just fans after all. Honestly she needs to start hanging out with Rihanna and learn how to tell us off sometimes. Β Β 

Sara

I think too many people are trying to read too much into this.

Β 

She wanted to bring elements of art into pop music.Β Β  If Warhol wanted to bring pop culture into art, then ya, I can see how this is sort of a reversal of that.Β  Make sense.

Β 

Not all the songs on ARTPOP have art references though.Β  Many are just fun songs.Β  She was probably hoping to bring more artistic references and original art into her videos,Β  but the video run for this era didn't pan out as planned.Β  :(Β Β Β 

Β 

Still, I thought Applause and GUY did very well in that regard.Β 

The only way she could have pushed it further was maybe to make a whole song about Van Gogh or something like that, but that's really hard to do in a dance song and not be laughable.Β  Venus is about as close as it gets.

Β 

If she's making a mistake, it's in trying to explain it too much, even if people are asking her too.Β  It really should be left up to interpretation.Β  That makes it more powerful.Β  Let ARTPOP mean really "Anything" :)

DrewStevens

It's her concept, leave her alone and let her be.

Β 

If ARTPOP were successful everybody would be kissing her ass and saying that it is a masterpiece, just like people did with BEYONCÃҀ°.

Β 

Do something productive with your lives folks.

Sara

Β 

If ARTPOP were successful everybody would be kissing her ass and saying that it is a masterpiece, just like people did with BEYONCÃҀ°.

Β 

Β 

Β 

:rip:Β  I couldn't have said it better.Β Β  If it had charted well, I bet a lot of complainers would suddenly have a very inspired and clear view of what ARTPOP means.Β  :toofunny:

Gagz

I think some people want it to be bigger than it is. Like, they want to make it complicated, and they don't understand that it's actually very simple.

Just because ARTPOP didn't sell a million coppiced it's first week doesn't mean she failed in her concept or that it's a flop. I'm my opinion ARTPOP has succeeded in doing what she wanted. Before this album I didn't know who the hell Jeff koons, Mariana Abramovic, or Millie Brown was, but now I do and am more aware of many artistic things( the birth of Venus) ARTPOP is a success because of that alone. Does she really need to be number one all the time for you to love and support her? Is her happiness not at all important to you?

This! You said it so well! :legend:

degenerate

I've always understood this. Warhol is like art with an instagram filter of pop. What she does is pop with an instagram filter of art if you will.

I think some people want it to be bigger than it is. Like, they want to make it complicated, and they don't understand that it's actually very simple.

yep, it's really not that hard

Stefani328

Β 

Β 

No lies told

lairofhk

Sis because you don't get it doesn't mean nobody does! :lmao:

Honestly it seems like no one can actually sit down and think about what she's been doing this era. :smh:

And anyway she said ARTPOP would be a celebration of her career. It isn't lazy. It's smart.

...yes the massive drop in sales showed how "smart" it was. But also, am i really the only one on here you know of who doesnt understand the concept? Try looking a little harder Lol

My Little Phoney

Actually I don't think it's a mess, I think it's clever and I get it

Sara

...yes the massive drop in sales showed how "smart" it was. But also, am i really the only one on here you know of who doesnt understand the concept? Try looking a little harder Lol

...because sales is the only measure of "smart", right? ;)

But you are right, lots of people don't understand ARTPOP. Lots of people didn't understand the meat dress, or the telephone hat, or Jo, or the Alejandro video, or the Disco Stick, or the giant crystals growing out of her clothes in the early days, or the bones in her face for BTW, or the eggs in Bad Romance, etc.

Gaga does LOTS of experimental things, and there are people who love or don't love every one of them, but I love her range of expression, even when it makes a mess, because THAT is really art. In a world full of artists who are trying to maximize their marketability to the GP, everyone is afraid to make a mess. Gaga isn't.

Dangerous Man

ProfessorGa :gaga:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Archived