đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga teaches Art via Instagram

LaMaisonGaga

Featured Posts

Tropico

Perhaps you would like to explain it then, in detail?

*waiting*

Okay well I just explained it but here's a link to one of my threads showing it. http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/110697-era-recap-how-gaga-managed-to-bring-artpop-to-life-she-succeded/?fromsearch=1

It seems like people can't put 2 and 2 together...

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monstereo

Okay so I don't know much about who Andy Warhol was (before my time) but from what I understand he's goal was to put pop into art.

Gaga was putting art into pop. She was trying to make pop culture more art aware. She had art references in a lot of her fashion and Gaga is obviously a pop icon. And also with pop performances of her songs like Venus she referenced art like with the seashell bikini. Also having a performance artist in Swine. It was really just trying to start an artistic movement in pop culture. I could go on but that's the bottom line. Bring art back into pop.

Well if that's what Gaga was going for then she failed completely.

I can only think of a handful of looks this era that referenced art pieces.

Mythos

Sorry, but everything she writes about ARTPOP is just mostly hard to read. She may have had some ideas when she started this project, but on the way everything got so messy and even she herself lost the Idea behind it. I've heard so many ARTPOP ideas, but on the end she built herself a safeplace with the song ARTPOP, because she sings on it "my ARTPOP could mean anything", and for me it is just an excuse, because even you dont know what it means anymore.

Tropico

Well if that's what Gaga was going for then she failed completely.

I can only think of a handful of looks this era that referenced art pieces.

MESS. http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/110697-era-recap-how-gaga-managed-to-bring-artpop-to-life-she-succeded/?fromsearch=1

And I couldn't fit in anymore! She succeded. :staymad:

djBuffoon

There is like a thread every week asking about what is the concept for ARTPOP so don't talk like "yeah gaga we know it move on".

:awkney:

THIS!!!!!! :lmao:

One minute, it's "What does ARTPOP even mean, it doesn't have a concept". Then she explains it succinctly, and all of a sudden you guys have known this for months. Some of you are unbelievable. :smh:

Tropico

Sorry, but everything she writes about ARTPOP is just mostly hard to read. She may have had some ideas when she started this project, but on the way everything got so messy and even she herself lost the Idea behind it. I've heard so many ARTPOP ideas, but on the end she built herself a safeplace with the song ARTPOP, because she sings on it "my ARTPOP could mean anything", and for me it is just an excuse, because even you dont know what it means anymore.

http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/110697-era-recap-how-gaga-managed-to-bring-artpop-to-life-she-succeded/?fromsearch=1

Err...

Andy Warhol created ARTPOP too:

Velvet-Underground-n-Nico-Andy_Warhol-co

he designed this Album cover

Art Rock doe.

(That album is outstanding)

SiberianBreaks

Okay well I just explained it but here's a link to one of my threads showing it. http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/110697-era-recap-how-gaga-managed-to-bring-ARTPOP-to-life-she-succeded/?fromsearch=1

It seems like people can't put 2 and 2 together...

But the thing is that she always did that, she always referenced and put art in her work, so what does ARTPOP really brings ? Also, it's not specially new or creative, art(which is a hard concept to define) is almost always linked to pop in a way or another

monstereo

Like I said, only a 'handful' of her looks have been ARTPOP. The rest could have belonged to any other era.

Her most successful 'ARTPOP' look wasn't even during the ARTPOP era.

300px-Gaga_front_profile_cropped.jpgmarilyn-monroe-by-andy-warhol-560x563.jp

IWannaBeThatGUY

I can't even believe that some of you still don't get it. It's literally so simple.

Mythos

Just because you take some paintings or other famous pieces and put it on your shirt doesn't make you an artist... She was much more artsy during TFM/BTW than she was ever with ARTPOP. Her monster-painting was much more art than anything you posted, or her video with Abramovic.

Most probably she is getting asked alot what the meaning behind ARTPOP and "reverse-warholian" is and she simply explained it. 
It kind of breaks my heart that some of you are laughing at her doing so. 

I know ARTPOP hasn't been her most successfull album and (some) people expected more from it. It just feels cruel her own fans are making fun of something she seems so passionate about. 

Tropico

Like I said, only a 'handful' of her looks have been ARTPOP. The rest could have belonged to any other era.

Her most successful 'ARTPOP' look wasn't even during the ARTPOP era.

300px-Gaga_front_profile_cropped.jpgmarilyn-monroe-by-andy-warhol-560x563.jp

Did you completely ignore my link? That look was even in the Applause video. And Gaga has done way more artistic references this era. There's been TONS. And it wasn't just about the fashion this era. There was so much more to it.

Cocaine Heart

There is like a thread every week asking about what is the concept for ARTPOP so don't talk like "yeah gaga we know it move on".

:awkney:

:tea:

We going to boo

Archived