Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga teaches Art via Instagram

LaMaisonGaga

Featured Posts

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tropico

...you're about....8 months late Gaga, oops. Oh and it still doesn't really make sense. I really don't understand why she decided to focus the album's concept around that.

Because it's a good concept. And Gaga is passionate about ARTPOP.

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Flawless

because that's the only place anyone would take her ramblings as compelling or profound. just kidding :giggle:

Agree with you. And i'm not kidding  :giggle:

the scars on my mind are on replay.

This is a Warhol, king of the Pop Art movement. Here Art is Wearing Pop. Get it? This is what I meant by the album expressing reverse-Warhol. Through visuals and also the music: the music was my artistic expression of ARTPOP life, the life of a musician and woman who is constantly wearing art like a dress--and then becoming a new form of it.

:awkney:

lairofhk

Because it's a good concept. And Gaga is passionate about ARTPOP.

If it's such a good concept...why does nobody understand it? She also even said "ARTPOP" is what she's been doing for her entire career. So why, 5+ years into her career, does she suddenly decide to make a statement about it? It seems to me like she's out of ideas. 

Tropico

If it's such a good concept...why does nobody understand it? She also even said "ARTPOP" is what she's been doing for her entire career. So why, 5+ years into her career, does she suddenly decide to make a statement about it? It seems to me like she's out of ideas.

Sis because you don't get it doesn't mean nobody does! :lmao:

Honestly it seems like no one can actually sit down and think about what she's been doing this era. :smh:

And anyway she said ARTPOP would be a celebration of her career. It isn't lazy. It's smart.

LoveandMagic

I'm going to give her credit for trying to do more than "just" make another pop dance album. Even if it didn't work out well (to some), at least there were some nice ideas behind it. I can't blame her for wanting her work to have meaning (regardless whether anyone else thinks she succeeded). There's nothing wrong combining two things you love (art and music). And from what I can tell, she seems to like the album. Just my opinion. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

monstereo

Sis because you don't get it doesn't mean nobody does! :lmao:

Honestly it seems like no one can actually sit down and think about what she's been doing this era. :smh:

And anyway she said ARTPOP would be a celebration of her career. It isn't lazy. It's smart.

Perhaps you would like to explain it then, in detail?

*waiting*

Tropico

i still don't get it

someone explain?

Okay so I don't know much about who Andy Warhol was (before my time) but from what I understand he's goal was to put pop into art.

Gaga was putting art into pop. She was trying to make pop culture more art aware. She had art references in a lot of her fashion and Gaga is obviously a pop icon. And also with pop performances of her songs like Venus she referenced art like with the seashell bikini. Also having a performance artist in Swine. It was really just trying to start an artistic movement in pop culture. I could go on but that's the bottom line. Bring art back into pop.

NewUsername

I'm going to give her credit for trying to do more than "just" make another pop dance album. Even if it didn't work out well (to some), at least there were some nice ideas behind it. I can't blame her for wanting her work to have meaning (regardless whether anyone else thinks she succeeded). There's nothing wrong combining two things you love (art and music). And from what I can tell, she seems to like the album. Just my opinion. 

exactly what I was thinking  :worship:  :legend:

i still don't get it

someone explain?

POP ART = pop icons in/on art 

ARTPOP = art on/in pop icons

The end. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Archived