Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Obvious single Choice from BTW

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHGKG9dyTKI

Regardless of the opinions of many monsters in here Americano was one of the best single choices on BTW and the best one after the 3rd single aka TEOG. The song was one of the very favorites of the GP and it was always charting among the highest of the album as an album track and it's views on Youtube from the beginning were very big. The sound of the song is a sound that would dominate Europe and many other Latin (and not only) countries 100% and it has also potentian in the US. Add to that that the song got big promo from the Puss in Boots movie that could have helped a lot and the song would also have a 4th of July effect in the US. It was also performed at Glee even if it was an album track (which had still impact back then). It's radio friendly as well. Maybe many in here don't like the song but it was an obvious choice for a 4th or 5th single, not Scheisse. And yes, this fanbase is bad at picking singles.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completely agree. In my opinion, the record was a huge missed opportunity - it was featured in Puss In Boots, dangit! :grr:

I'd never heard anything like 'Americano' before May 23rd, 2011, and I was amazed by it, completely :giveup:

GagaXCollection

I Wanted Americano To Be A Single :(

ladygagaxcollection.com

trutheverafter

This! One of her best songs for sure

„Talk is cheap but costs a lot“

I'd never heard anything like 'Americano' before May 23rd, 2011, and I was amazed by it, completely :giveup:

THIS :legend:

I remember after the BTWB concert in Milan, Italian Press were PRAISING the hell out of that song saying how it could have smashed hard as a single here in Italy  :worship:

(p.s.: I want the track stems so badly, the instrumental is full of interesting elements :giveup: )

VforVendetta

Americano :lmao: a good single choice :lmao:

The receipts disagree though.

Archived