💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Sia shades Avril Lavigne

yxi

Featured Posts

aaronyoji

Let's not, Sia is the most in-demand songwriter at the moment and she's more talented than Avril

not to mention her songs get played on the radio constantly. more than i can say for avril's songs since 2006.

edit: you know whats funny? seeing these responses i immediately see the split in peoples responses, like some people know the truth about sia's "relevancy" versus avril's apparent god like quality, and its so funny how some of you just spew facts and figures to defend avril, its almost like a robotic automated response. i havent heard her songs on top 40 since like 2006 or 2007. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Essence

Avril writes her own song and she happens to be an amazing songwriter, she doesn't need you, Sia.

Avril sold 35 million albums worldwide if not more, and had numerous hits, she's definitely relevant in the music world.

*WAS relevant. 35 million albums in the beginning of the decade, when album sales were much more abundant.

Sure, she WAS successful. But what does she have to show for herself since Girlfriend? She has not evolved artistically one bit. And clearly the public isn't eating up anymore. The last time she was in the news for a cheap video that was accused of cultural appropriation.

Jjang

*WAS relevant. 35 million albums in the beginning of the decade, when album sales were much more abundant.

Sure, she WAS successful. But what does she have to show for herself since Girlfriend? She has not evolved artistically one bit. And clearly the public isn't eating up anymore. The last time she was in the news for a cheap video that was accused of cultural appropriation.

She doesn't need to "artistically grow" art is limitless and comes with many DIFFERENT type of artists.

So her last era wasn't a success, all of her other eras were...

EDIT:  she sold 43 million albums actually, that's impressive no matter how you try to spin it around.

KingOfSpain

Drag me

Wait, Avril Lavigne is relevant? :awkney:

Well... she has sold millions of albums lol

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

Paper Planes

I think Sia's songwriting wouldn't fit Avril's style anyway. Avril traditionally has kept a punky, bratty, young style to her music, whereas Sia's songs are normally more mature. Love both of them though :)

Here's To Never Growing Up and What The Hell were both Top 20 hits in the US, and in Asia, Avril is literally tearing everybody else's faves to pieces.

delete it fat

Essence

I think Sia's songwriting wouldn't fit Avril's style anyway. Avril traditionally has kept a punky, bratty, young style to her music, whereas Sia's songs are normally more mature. Love both of them though :)

Here's To Never Growing Up and What The Hell were both Top 20 hits in the US, and in Asia, Avril is literally tearing everybody else's faves to pieces.

Mess.

RAMROD

Good :fan:

I liked Avril once, but not anymore.

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

Computer

I thought Avril wrote for herself anyway :manicure:

I love Sia and honestly I'm not a fan of Avril but why would she say that?  Do they have a history?

💚💛💕❣⭕💱💱 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡ⓹ Â©â“—â“Ąâ“˜â“ąâ“Łâ“œâ“â“ą

Bebe

I don't actually like any of them, but Sia would kill for being as relevant as Avril

The shade to Avril because Sia desperately wants to avoid being famous :rip:

I don't actually like any of them, but Sia would kill for being as relevant as Avril once was.

Fixed

Poker

I don't actually like any of them, but Sia would kill for being as relevant as Avril

If there's something Avril Lavigne is not is relevant lmao

WAIT I GET IT NOW

Kindness rules all.

• Mills locked this topic

Archived