💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is ARTPOP Gaga's Blackout

Giorno Giovanna

Featured Posts

PopBitch

You can't compare.  It wasn't after Britney's peak, per se, because it wasn't some natural decline of interest in her  She had a nervous breakdown, mental issues and was a hot mess during this whole time frame leading up to it being released and after..  She couldn't or wouldn't promote the album beyond a crappy video she did on her own not working with her agents, etc., and the embarrassing VMAs.  She couldn't tour it because she was in the throes of her breakdown.  If Britney had been stable, she would have sold much bigger numbers and she would have had a huge tour.  Rolling Stone called it "one of the most influential albums in modern pop."  The New York Times called it the fifth best pop album of the decade.  Her erratic behavior and personal struggles overshadowed the album and no tour didn't help.  Had she been the Britney of old before the meltdown able to promote it this would have been one of her biggest selling albums.

The two albums are nothing alike in any way as far as sound or look.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benji

Nice attempts at being cheeky.... Similarities, yes. Consistent, no. "Teeth" to "Telephone" to "Dance in the Dark". "Paper Gangsta" to "Paparazzi" to "Brown Eyes". "Fashion of His Love" to "Judas" to "Edge of Glory". A broad spectrum of ideas and sounds. On every album.

With ARTPOP, there is a propensity for hard, speaker-rattling, electronic sounds. The same effect is in more than half of the tracks, and that's good enough for me.

And notice how I said nothing about themes, yet you addressed it anyway ;) nonetheless, ARTPOP does indeed have at least one theme. It doesn't cease to have one just because you haven't found it.

Notice how I said sound AND theme, something you completely disregarded but I'll let you carry on, it's cute when someone instigates a debate with you with an opening belittling comment then complains they get the same back.

Those songs all tie to a vague theme though but congrats, you managed to separate the most different sounding songs on the albums and notify me, next time we'll test your eye site as your hearing seems to be working at a basic level :applause:

If that's good enough for you then good for you, I was merely pointing out it lacks what Blackout had, which even you surely can't deny?

You can't kid a kidder bae :later:

KingOfSpain

Are you from spain?

Yes  :) You too?

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

geopang

But Blackout isn't underrated, it's Britneys critically most acclaimed album.

djBuffoon

You can't kid a kidder bae :later:

Nnn my hearing and reading comprehension are just fine, sweetie. I appreciate the concern.

Benji

Nnn my hearing and reading comprehension are just fine, sweetie. I appreciate the concern.

Remember to get your check-ups! It's okay! :hug:

djBuffoon

Remember to get your check-ups! It's okay! :hug:

Don't get yourself spanked, mister. :whip:

Benji

Don't get yourself spanked, mister. :whip:

If that's a picture of you on your profile, I would not complain :queenga:

djBuffoon

If that's a picture of you on your profile, I would not complain :queenga:

Well, hello then :hor:

Benji

Well, hello then :hor:

Just went to add you as a friend but we already have each other :ARTPOP:

mariah-carey-debuts-new-song-thirsty-lis

somechick

Sorry, but I don't think those album covers look very similar at all. I'm not sure how good or bad Britney's album did either so not sure how to compare the two.

djBuffoon

Just went to add you as a friend but we already have each other :ARTPOP:

Oh yeah? And you haven't PMed me WHY? :MANiCURE:

Benji

Oh yeah? And you haven't PMed me WHY? :manicure:

The opportunity mustn't have emerged, I'll do it soon :kisses:

Archived