💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

2014 MTV Video Music Awards [pre-show discussion]

Quark

Featured Posts

The only thing that disappoints me about some Gaga fans sometimes is that they feel like videos and songs have to have a lot going on at all times in order to be interesting/good. Simplicity is seen as a negative and that's unfortunate.

"Nothing Compares 2 U" is a fantastic video. So simple, yet so engaging.

"Single Ladies" is undoubtedly an iconic video. The dance went viral and everybody was recording their own versions.

I don't even need to say how fantastic "Bad Romance" is.

But videos don't need all the production that Gaga's videos have in order to be phenomenal. It may be your personal preference that they do, but they don't need it. Minimalism is not a negative approach to videos.

This so much!!!! But can we blame them? Gaga is always overdoing stuff and most of them doesn't know anything that came before her.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yanko

• Dangerous Man

• aquaprincess

• Stephen

StrawberryBlond

These were the videos that won VOTY? I'd be hard pushed to put any on my favourite list and they got crowned best of the year? Pleased to see Gaga got her dues. Beyonce was over-rated again and she copied Bob Fosse's choreography in it. And I'm surprised Sinead's still called #1. Not that I'm against minimalism and understatedness, but this video could have been so much better by actually having her express more emotion and have her crying. And the cut-aways to those random steps and statues are so pointless. The thing is, if a video is going to be this simple, why even bother watching it? It was no wonder some Adele fans were annoyed that they waited so long for a video for Someone Like You and when they eventually did, it was just a one take shot of her standing by a bridge in Paris, walking away at the end and not even singing. A music video is meant to be something that keeps you watching and if you're just going to focus on your face with basically no variation, what's the point? Thing is, because something is minimalistic doesn't make it good. I've never understood that theory. It's easy to think something is artistically minimalistic when it's actually the result of a lack of creativity. I'm not even a creative professional and I can see so many ways that something could go from boring minimalistic to interesting minimalistic. Why can't these so-called creative professionals do it?

same, some indie artist of the past,he must be proud of #1..

It's a she, you must know Sinead is a girl's name. She was one of the biggest artists of the 90's and did one of the most controversial acts in music history on SNL when she partly changed the lyrics when singing a cover of a Bob Marely song to make it about child abuse in the Catholic Chruch. She then tore up a picture of the Pope while singing the word "evil." The performance was so shocking that even Madonna commented on it (and she was going through her Erotica era at the time). Nothing Comapres 2 You went to #1 in the US as well as all over the world. The album is came from went to #1 and sold 2 million in the US and around 7 million worldwide. This video has inspired countless artists and this list isn't the only one its been featured on, but numerous best video lists. It was actually this video that Miley admitted to being partly inspired by for her Wrecking Ball video (the looking into the camera bits obviously). Sinead then responded by writing her an open letter telling her not to let herself get s-xualised by the music industry and the story was widely reported and commented on. I'm really surprised that some people don't know her. That video is legendary.

Dangerous Man

Slé. When will firework. :applause:

Should have been #1 tho. :cry:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Koreku

so charli gets to perform, but nico and vinz (Am I Wrong) don't get to? their song did better on the charts, too  :coffee:

the snub is real 

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

Lion Heart

That year, her only real competition was herself; she was also nominated for her “Telephone†video, and that’s the only thing that could’ve even conceivably beat “Bad Romance.â€

The utter slayage :nooo:

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

aquaprincess

So nicki isn't performing solo, and most likely isn't doing anaconda?40.gif

I think she's doing both. I heard about her anaconda rehearsal. One of her dancers was bitten by a snake.

Umm wtf why is "single ladies" at #2 when its just a silly black and white plain boring video? I mean the song is great but the video sucks!

The video blew up, Like Kanye said himself "Beyonce had the best video of ALL TIME". The choreography and everything was spot on and taken in one shot.

Everybody was trying to copy the choreography.

And who is Sinead O’Connor supposed to be? Never heard of him wtf

A simple Google search could save you such embarrassment in the future. 

MahoganySnitch

The only thing that disappoints me about some Gaga fans sometimes is that they feel like videos and songs have to have a lot going on at all times in order to be interesting/good. Simplicity is seen as a negative and that's unfortunate.

"Nothing Compares 2 U" is a fantastic video. So simple, yet so engaging.

"Single Ladies" is undoubtedly an iconic video. The dance went viral and everybody was recording their own versions.

I don't even need to say how fantastic "Bad Romance" is.

But videos don't need all the production that Gaga's videos have in order to be phenomenal. It may be your personal preference that they do, but they don't need it. Minimalism is not a negative approach to videos.

Agreed!