💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

2014 MTV Video Music Awards [pre-show discussion]

Quark

Featured Posts

I honestly don't understand your way of thinking. You're admitting that it's never been done before but then you're saying it's not original? It is though, "no matter how you turn it".

It is original. But only by the lowest denominator and technicality. It's original but it's not going to change the game like the people around her are hyping and implying. There are plenty of things that "haven't been done on stage before", that doesn't make them groundbreaking

I never said it wasn't original, I said it's the lowest denominator of originality. Meaning that even though it's never been done before and it is an original idea, that doesn't make it this incredible thing like everyone around her is lauding it to be

Not to mention that it doesn't matter if it's on the VMA's or not. The concept is special. Everyone around Beyoncé is all like "Ooh you don't wanna miss this, you need MTV". Like...if I wanted to hear these songs performed live, in full, and with her other hits, I would go to her tour. It's basically just like a mini Mrs. Carter Tour condensed into 15 minutes without any of the hits. I'm sure she'll make it really awesome, but the point is...although the concept is technically original, the roots are essentially just a conglomerate of not-interesting things made into a performance that hasn't been done before. It being at the VMA's does not make it groundbreaking, it makes it limited and unique to her situation. If we're going to make the reason why this is interesting be the fact that it was at the VMA's...well, the only way anyone could do anything like that again would be directly copying it by doing a full album medley at the VMA's while receiving the Vanguard award.

Edited by Chic

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yanko

• Dangerous Man

• aquaprincess

• Stephen

I was hoping for some kind of Beyonce/Nicki ***Flawless remix slayage  :manicure:

This sounds good since it's continuing the theme of presenting her album as a whole, but it could seem rushed and have strange transition times.

Petrichor

The album is great but not great enough to warrent a 15 minute performance at the VMAs....

She needs to cut out all the ballads but Pretty Hurts lol

also I can see her getting the most press for bringing Blue out for the end of Blue

Kermit the frog

It is original. But only by the lowest denominator and technicality. It's original but it's not going to change the game like the people around her are hyping and implying. There are plenty of things that "haven't been done on stage before", that doesn't make them groundbreaking

You'll so quick to judge. I'm not saying it's gonna be groundbreaking, I'm just saying that it has never been done before and I think it's a rly cool idea to honour the most successful album of her career. 

We haven't seen it yet so we can't judge. It can be boring or it can be groundbreaking. I think it's much more likely that it's gonna be the latter because it's Beyonce.

SychosSoChic

And yet the only ones some people will actually know are Drunk In Love, XO, Partition and Pretty Hurts. 

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

You'll so quick to judge. I'm not saying it's gonna be groundbreaking, I'm just saying that it has never been done before and I think it's a rly cool idea to honour the most successful album of her career.

We haven't seen it yet so we can't judge. It can be boring or it can be groundbreaking. I think it's much more likely that it's gonna be the latter because it's Beyonce.

You didn't say it's groundbreaking, but the people around her are implying it. They hyped it up so much more than it actually is. People thought something exciting and scandalous would be at the forefront of this performance from the way they were hyping it, but it's just a safe medley.

It's very interesting that she continues with the whole concept of the album by translating it into a performance. But it's not the "can't miss" performance that the people around her are saying it will be.

Just because she's Beyoncé does not mean it will be groundbreaking. Out of a Super Bowl and Grammy's performance, all she got was an awkward derp picture...neither of them changed the game. I figured this time would be different, seeing as she's hot off her heels of her self titled album which was brilliantly released...but apparently not, at least not with only the idea of a medley being rumored.

If they didn't hype it like it'll be the most exciting thing on Earth, I would be less disappointed about this.

Yes, the performance itself could either be boring or groundbreaking, but the idea of the performance is seriously not groundbreaking. Beyoncé can do a hell of a lot better with her ideas, she's an intelligent woman. Again, if they didn't hype it so much, it wouldn't be a big deal, and it's a good performance idea on its own, but after what her management said? Um, no...and that really makes me wonder exactly what their standards are

Edited by Chic

No thanks, Bey has become so overrated

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!