I'm thinkin' I love the thought of you "

wow them rapping skills are strong :sharon:

have u seen nicki's lyrics??  :blehga:

she rhymes the same words  too :dead:  the irony

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

Nickis songs have 2-4 writers, and the additional ones are pretty much always producers/features/back-up singers. Maybe it's like with Gaga. Gaga can have 7 writers but no one says ****. On her early mixtapes there was mostly only Nicki so try again :flop:

Gaga doesn't have 7 lyricists on her songs. She writes the lyrics.

The others listed are DJs, synth producers and Sound Engineers.

I don't know about all of this in Nicki's case, but you are wrong about Gaga.

Valextra

She may write her songs but she doesnt have the talent of Lauryn Hill or Missy Elliott

This.

Paper Planes

She acts so proud to be writing lyrics like "Yes I am your leader, you not a believer? Suck a big dick." Yes Onika, slay me goddess of invention and creativity.

Yes, Nicki's music is catchy, I'll give her that. But she can't try and shade Iggy and her lyrics when Iggy's lyrics are simply better.

delete it fat

Paper Planes

Gaga doesn't have 7 lyricists on her songs. She writes the lyrics.

The others listed are DJs, synth producers and Sound Engineers.

I don't know about all of this in Nicki's case, but you are wrong about Gaga.

For many songs, Gaga does have some co-writers. On Born This Way, most songs were written by Gaga and one other person. The most co-writing credits a song has on the album is four (and somehow those songs are Bad Kids and Highway Unicorn. How it took four people to create those messes, I have no clue.)

On ARTPOP, the most lyricists on one song is actually seven, for Applause.

delete it fat

aka I slant rhyme the same word 4 times in 15 seconds so you wonder how I have a rap career

I've been work work work work workin on my s--t

4 times in 3 seconds.

Whispering

For many songs, Gaga does have some co-writers.

On ARTPOP, the most lyricists on one song is actually seven, for Applause.

I'm sure she does, as in the way of a lead producer helping fill in the words or change them a little here and there to fit the song.

Check the bios of the seven people listed on Applause. They are not co-writers, as in lyricists. They are DJs, Synth people and Sound Engineers. That's the difference.

Paper Planes

I'm sure she does, as in the way of a lead producer helping fill in the words or change them a little here and there to fit the song.

Check the bios of the seven people listed on Applause. They are not co-writers, as in lyricists. They are DJs, Synth people and Sound Engineers. That's the difference.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NdnK3VVZLmw/Unfa9PWqxcI/AAAAAAAABcE/InuIBjOXx0c/s1600/ARTPOP_Booklet_006.png

There are the credits from the booklet. No matter what they did, the worked on the song's lyrics somewhere.

Gaga's one of the most involved pop stars with her music in the pop music industry, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend like she wrote that song single-handedly. Credit is deserved for the other six.

delete it fat

Whispering

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NdnK3VVZLmw/Unfa9PWqxcI/AAAAAAAABcE/InuIBjOXx0c/s1600/ARTPOP_Booklet_006.png

There are the credits from the booklet. No matter what they did, the worked on the song's lyrics somewhere.

Gaga's one of the most involved pop stars with her music in the pop music industry, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend like she wrote that song single-handedly. Credit is deserved for the other six.

Nope, not on the lyrics, but...they did work on the song, as far as sound engineering and adding synths and sounds. Those listed didn't write the lyrics. They aren't lyricists. They come in and add beats and sound production to songs...for EVERYONE they work with...not just Gaga.

Two different things- Lyricists and Sound Producers/Engineers

Morphine Prince

Roman Holiday is a masterpiece and better than anything Iggy could ever dream of doing, I don't know where the hell you are coming from. :awkney:

:toofloppy:

"I write songs that make y'all think"

aka I slant rhyme the same word 4 times in 15 seconds so you wonder how I have a rap career

Since the release of Pink Friday, her artistic integrity and my respect for her have dropped immensely and this is coming from someone who LOVED her during Pink Friday

Same. Pink Friday was a decent album for a new female rapper that had some good mix of Pop in it. I didn't care that her image was a lot like Lil' Kim but when Roman Reloaded came out I lost tons of respect. She has regressed a lot.

yourfaves

Are there any actual receipts to Iggy have a ghostwriters or is this all speculation resulting in a very unnecessary fued over literally nothing? :awkney::emma:

Okay good for her, though the GP doesn't give a fuc.k who writes the song they always think it's the singer anyway lol.

I could give 2 f.cks who writes what song, as long as I like the song with the voice it's all good.

As if people aint gonna listen to a song because the artist didn't wrote it her/himself :toofunny:

Travis

Okay good for her, though the GP doesn't give a fuc.k who writes the song they always think it's the singer anyway lol.

I could give 2 f.cks who writes what song, as long as I like the song with the voice it's all good.

As if people aint gonna listen to a song because the artist didn't wrote it her/himself :toofunny:

Re: Rihanna's entire catalog. The girl has an entire team of writers, yet the public and tons of pop music fans use her. In the long run, people don't care who writes the song(s).

I've been work work work work workin on my ****

4 times in 3 seconds.

That's one line, not a bar, you tried. It's the ****ing chorus of her song

and yet you stan for Iggy, who ryhmes, You with You :awkney:

"it's Iggy Iggs!

Uh!

What you got?

Smart money bettin'

I'll be better off without you

In no time

I'll be forgettin' all about you

You saying that you know

But I really really doubt you

Understand my life is easy

When I ain't around you

Iggy Iggy

To biggie to be here stressin'

I'm thinkin' I love the thought of you "

wow them rapping skills are strong :sharon:

Funny you had to use her FEATURED verse

:toofloppy:

Same. Pink Friday was a decent album for a new female rapper that had some good mix of Pop in it. I didn't care that her image was a lot like Lil' Kim but when Roman Reloaded came out I lost tons of respect. She has regressed a lot.

It was funny to me that she thanked Wayne for forcing her to write lyrics in a shorter period of time, like no it's made her songs get worse. Rushing lyrics is never good. Then again her mentor is Wayne and he's a horrible rapper aswell

That's one line, not a bar, you tried. It's the ****ing chorus of her song

Funny you had to use her FEATURED verse

It was funny to me that she thanked Wayne for forcing her to write lyrics in a shorter period of time, like no it's made her songs get worse. Rushing lyrics is never good. Then again her mentor is Wayne and he's a horrible rapper aswell

You are clearly pressed that Nicki was more successful with her debut than Iggy was. Let's see if Iggy is still relevant in 4 years time.

Archived