🚨 Watch the video for 911 🚨

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Israel - Palestine Conflict Discussion Thread

hmm

I don't think they're intersted in two state solution. That would mean removing the illegal settlements, they just recently approved 1000 more.

Anyway, Irish people are amazing. There is always great ammount of support and solidarity with Palestine from Ireland.

Was that ever in doubt :madge:

lego

But they have nothing to do with what happened today. Most Israelis think they're crazy. :roll: You should know by now that that's not a majority opinion in Israel (if you even read the wikipedia article theres like 10 mentions of the publics stance on this). You brought that up to remove sympathy from people who died this morning which is SO disrespectful. :wtf: That specific event had nothing more to do with what happened today than any other terror attack on a religious building.

It indirectly glorifies the attacks this morning, in my opinion... Someone posts an article about 4 Israelis killed this morning, and you post in response saying "well, the Israelis did this 20 years ago, so...". I don't mean to suggest you support the use of violence, but you transparently made that reference as a means of justifying what happened this morning.

That is just your opinion. You are entitled to your wrong opinion.

This situation and images DID remind me of that event. And if I wanted to talk about targeting religious buildings, I don't gave to go further than this summer 69 mosques in Gaza.

There is nothing in my post which glorifies this attack and that's a slander. Singling out this event and being silent on others in previous days or weeks is just attempt to paint all Palestinians as wild savages who deserve to be bombed again and who want to kill every single Jew and Jewish side is all civilized and "just want to live in peace". We know that's not the case.

racist ppl really be like “so just because I’m a racist that makes me racist ??? wow”

Melech

This situation and images DID remind me of that event. And if I wanted to talk about targeting religious buildings, I don't gave to go further than this summer 69 mosques in Gaza.

There is nothing in my post which glorifies this attack and that's a slander. Singling out this event and being silent on others in previous days or weeks is just attempt to paint all Palestinians as wild savages who deserve to be bombed again and who want to kill every single Jew and Jewish side is all civilized and "just want to live in peace". We know that's not the case.

Let's talk about the thousands churches arabs destroyed 

lego

I believe this too, and it's not too late, people just need to go with the brain and not by emotions.

I don't think that the Palestinians needs to recognize Israel, it has been a long argument that stopped many negotiations, it feels more like ego than the real problem.. no one have to recognize Israel as a jewish country if they don't want and it shouldn't be an issue.

Going by emotions has been problem for many Palestinians for decades.

Well it would be nice gesture if they'd recognize each other. I'm not sure how it would work with sharing Jerusalem as capital though.

What Arabs? Stay on topic Simon.

racist ppl really be like “so just because I’m a racist that makes me racist ??? wow”

Dolev

It was a group of extreme right (Kahana Zadak which is illegal party in israel) who called him a martyr, and one rabbi that said that he's a saint, was fired from any social service..

Goldstein is really a shame for the majority of the israelis..

Only the psychotic ones really worshiping him..

So well written. As an Israeli, I 100% Agree.  :applause: Its sad lego always likes to pick try-hard examples to make it look like we Israelis lives for killing instead of condeming such atrocities.

Dolev

"MEDIA IS PRO ISRAELI!!" they said

1476035_966450736703213_8404367316764584

Not even a word about the 5 Israelis that were killed.

Melech

How dare you expose Islam's death culture that way?! stop trying to divert the topic! lego wants to talk about Russian Jews and Ethiopian Jews.  :koons:

hey,stay on topic bro, except when you are anti- Israel 

"MEDIA IS PRO ISRAELI!!" they said

1476035_966450736703213_8404367316764584

Not even a word about the 5 Israelis that were killed.

I saw that too, what a mess. The media is biased yes,but not on Israel-favour 

lego

So well written. As an Israeli, I 100% Agree.  :applause: Its sad lego always likes to pick try-hard examples to make it look like we Israelis lives for killing instead of condeming such atrocities.

Nope, it was you who said  ****ing bastards. Those people are vile & barbaric, there's no chance for peace as long as radical Islam is around.

I don't think with ''those people'' you only meant attackers. This is your way of labeling all Palestinians as vile and barbaric who doesn't want peace, which is ironic.

And fyi

https://twitter.com/StanleyCohenLaw/status/534779100334813184

https://twitter.com/StanleyCohenLaw/status/534779871793139712

as for try-hard examples, this happened 3 days ago

Israeli forces patrolling the border with the Gaza Strip shot and wounded a Palestinian as he approached the border fence on Sunday and took him to an Israeli hospital, according to the military. A spokeswoman for the hospital said the Palestinian was a 10-year-old boy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/17/world/middleeast/palestinian-shot-by-israeli-troops-at-gaza-border.html?src=recg&mabReward=RI%3A14&module=Ribbon&version=origin&region=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Recommended&pgtype=article

How dare you expose Islam's death culture that way?! stop trying to divert the topic! lego wants to talk about Russian Jews and Ethiopian Jews.

Russian Jews and Ethiopian Jews are relevant when you bring up democracy and equality or when you post an old coin to claim the land and how you're not occupying ''your own''. :manicure:

As for ''exposing Islam's death culture''  :what: , let me remind you

zidoviusarajevu.jpg

Photo of women and children in the street together: A Muslim veiled woman, Zejneba Hardaga (right) and Jewish woman, Rivka Kalb (2nd from right) and her children (with beret) are guided on the streets of Sarajevo in 1941. Zejneba covered the yellow star on the Rivka's left arm with her veil. Bahrija Hardasa, sister-in-law of Zejneba, is on the far left.

http://www.yadvashem.org/yv/en/righteous/stories/hardaga.asp

Despite the current state of tension that exists between them, Muslims and Jews have a long history of tolerance and mutual admiration. Perhaps this is no more obvious than in the life of Moses Maimonides, the great Jewish philosopher who flourished intellectually and professional under Muslim rule.

Born in 1138, Maimonides was raised in the city of Córdoba, Spain, one of the greatest intellectual and spiritual havens of its time. Córdoba is the setting for one of history's most important examples of interfaith tolerance. Between 711 and 1085, Muslims, Jews and Christians lived in Andalucía -- the name given to Muslim Spain -- in a relative state of harmony, which was utterly unthinkable in other European cities such as London or Paris. This state of tolerance even has its own name -- convívencía -- which can literally be translated as "living with-ness," or "requiring tolerance."

In Andalucía, Jews were not only able to keep their ways, but they found a secure home after years of persecution under Christian rule. They called their Spanish home "Sefarad," the name which they gave to the Iberian peninsula. Some scholars describe this period as the "Jewish Golden Age."

From an early age Maimonides learned Arabic and the doctrines of Aristotle and Plato. In doing so he was able to merge different cultures into his understanding of the Hebrew humanities and Jewish theology, which were his main disciplinary interests. Through cross-cultural learning, Maimonides was able to translate Muslim and Greek knowledge into Jewish life, marking one of the greatest transmissions of ideas the world had ever seen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/craig-considine/guiding-jewish-muslim-relations_b_4210938.html

In his 2006 book, “Among the Righteous,†Robert Satloff, director of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, uncovered stories of Arabs who saved Jews during the Holocaust, and included a chapter on the Grand Mosque. Dalil Boubakeur, the current rector, confirmed to him that some Jews  up to 100 perhaps  were given Muslim identity papers by the mosque, without specifying a number. Mr. Boubakeur said individual Muslims brought Jews they knew to the mosque for help, and the chief imam, not Benghabrit, was the man responsible.

Mr. Boubakeur showed Mr. Satloff a copy of a typewritten 1940 Foreign Ministry document from the French Archives. It stated that the occupation authorities suspected mosque personnel of delivering false Muslim identity papers to Jews. “The imam was summoned, in a threatening manner, to put an end to all such practices,†the document said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/04/movies/how-a-paris-mosque-sheltered-jews-in-the-holocaust.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&/

And reminder for you as well

In the holiest place of all Christendom, a single Muslim holds the key, Christians fight with one another, and Jewish police intervene -- among the Christians -- to keep the peace. The Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the site of Christ's burial and resurrection, is also one of the most ironic places in all Christendom.

2012073623ladder-p.jpg

Fights over seemingly trivial issues are part of the reason why this ladder hasn't moved in 255 years and a Muslim is entrusted with the keys to the door.

Each day, the story reports, a Muslim man, and the only man with permission to wield the keys, unlocks and opens the door to the Church, while three factions within the church vie for control in disputes that frequently leave the church in disrepair and occasionally result in altercations, requiring Israeli police come to mediate the conflict.

It is, in every way, a microcosm of what's wrong with the Holy Land. A region that should be sacred to Jews, Christians, and Muslims, is frequently at the heart of sometimes violent disputes.

The Holy Land's problems, exacerbated by violence, are bizarre to say the least, which is part of the reason why this  peculiar arrangement exists at the church.

Every morning, a monk must come to the door which is unlocked by a Muslim man who holds the keys to the church. Muslims have been entrusted with the keys since 1187, primarily because the various Christian factions which reside in the church cannot agree to nearly anything, and therefore to keep the church and its shrine open, the keys are entrusted to a Muslim family. According to historical records, and Adeeb Jawad Joudeh, who holds the keys, they have been handed down from one generation to the next, since being given to the family in 1187 by Sultan Saladin.

But the heart of the problem is the constant feuding between the Christians entrusted with keeping the site. The church is manned by monks from various Christian religious communities, mostly from the  the Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches. They include the Franciscan order of the Latin Church as well as monks from various Eastern and Oriental rites of the Church. Protestants have no presence there.

The disagreements between the monks are often so bad that on several notable occasions in recent history, physical conflicts have erupted between the monks and the Israeli police have had to come in to restore order.

http://www.catholic.org/news/international/middle_east/story.php?id=47107

lego

Palestinian stabbed by Israelis in northern Jerusalem

303051_345x230.jpg

JERUSALEM (Ma'an) -- A Palestinian man was stabbed by a group of Israelis in north Jerusalem on Tuesday, relatives told Ma'an.

Fadi Jalal Radwan, 22, was attacked and stabbed by four Israelis while walking in the town of Kafr Aqab, his father said. He was stabbed three times in the legs, and once in the back.

The victim was found bleeding in the street and taken to Hadassah hospital for treatment. Doctors said he was in a serious condition.

Israeli police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld told Ma'an that "an Arab man was approached by three suspects" who asked him for light. They then stabbed him in the leg with a small knife.

Israeli police are looking into the background of the incident, Rosenfeld added.

http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=740907

Israeli police are looking into the background of the incident, Rosenfeld added.

When (IF) they find suspects, will they execute them on the spot? Will they beat up and arrest their family members? Demolish their houses? No?

EXCXSXE

You're doing it again, and proving my point. :roll:

Let's review what happened:

Someone posts an article about a Palestinian attack on Israelis today. You respond mentioning a barely related attack from 20 years ago on Palestinians by Israelis. I call you out for being disrespectful and trying to maneuver the situation into a pro-Palestinian argument of "who started it". You imply I (or the media) are trying to portray all Palestinians as wild savages because there was coverage (or even mention) of a quadruple homicide. 

Do you see the problem with doing that, while you constantly complain about the media being biased in favour of Israel? You couldn't make a single comment without trying to gain sympathy for Palestinians, because you are also incredibly biased. You clearly aren't prepared to admit that both sides have blood on their hands, which shows how little you understand this conflict.

You told me a couple months ago I was a reasonable person to argue with on this topic, which I took as a great compliment. I have not changed, and neither has my opinion of this conflict or you. Try being reasonable and solution oriented. You might get through to more people, and rub less of us the wrong way. 

Let me reiterate, I am not on one side of this conflict. I am "team solution and discussion". I do not claim to be perfect or know everything about this topic. I do have a major issue with the way you use this forum as your personal pro-palestinian blog, however.

DORd

Stop this stupid washbrain, we both knows that the media doesn't show what's really goin on with this conflict.

please lock this topic because people in here trying with wrong thoughts and I can prove you in 10000 info that I have but I won't do it just like anybody else in israel doesn't show becuase we're stupid becuase israeli people don't know how to explain the situation like the palestinans do.

delete this topic no politics in here! please lock this topic people in here don't know the truth and they'll never know what is it.

I'm just gonna put it in here... http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4593099,00.html

and lock this topic!

Dolev

Nope, it was you who said  ****ing bastards. Those people are vile & barbaric, there's no chance for peace as long as radical Islam is around.

I don't think with ''those people'' you only meant attackers. This is your way of labeling all Palestinians as vile and barbaric who doesn't want peace, which is ironic.

And fyi

https://twitter.com/StanleyCohenLaw/status/534779100334813184

https://twitter.com/StanleyCohenLaw/status/534779871793139712

as for try-hard examples, this happened 3 days ago

Israeli forces patrolling the border with the Gaza Strip shot and wounded a Palestinian as he approached the border fence on Sunday and took him to an Israeli hospital, according to the military. A spokeswoman for the hospital said the Palestinian was a 10-year-old boy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/17/world/middleeast/palestinian-shot-by-israeli-troops-at-gaza-border.html?src=recg&mabReward=RI%3A14&module=Ribbon&version=origin&region=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Recommended&pgtype=article

Russian Jews and Ethiopian Jews are relevant when you bring up democracy and equality or when you post an old coin to claim the land and how you're not occupying ''your own''. :manicure:

As for ''exposing Islam's death culture''  :what: , let me remind you

zidoviusarajevu.jpg

Photo of women and children in the street together: A Muslim veiled woman, Zejneba Hardaga (right) and Jewish woman, Rivka Kalb (2nd from right) and her children (with beret) are guided on the streets of Sarajevo in 1941. Zejneba covered the yellow star on the Rivka's left arm with her veil. Bahrija Hardasa, sister-in-law of Zejneba, is on the far left.

http://www.yadvashem.org/yv/en/righteous/stories/hardaga.asp

Despite the current state of tension that exists between them, Muslims and Jews have a long history of tolerance and mutual admiration. Perhaps this is no more obvious than in the life of Moses Maimonides, the great Jewish philosopher who flourished intellectually and professional under Muslim rule.

Born in 1138, Maimonides was raised in the city of Córdoba, Spain, one of the greatest intellectual and spiritual havens of its time. Córdoba is the setting for one of history's most important examples of interfaith tolerance. Between 711 and 1085, Muslims, Jews and Christians lived in Andalucía -- the name given to Muslim Spain -- in a relative state of harmony, which was utterly unthinkable in other European cities such as London or Paris. This state of tolerance even has its own name -- convívencía -- which can literally be translated as "living with-ness," or "requiring tolerance."

In Andalucía, Jews were not only able to keep their ways, but they found a secure home after years of persecution under Christian rule. They called their Spanish home "Sefarad," the name which they gave to the Iberian peninsula. Some scholars describe this period as the "Jewish Golden Age."

From an early age Maimonides learned Arabic and the doctrines of Aristotle and Plato. In doing so he was able to merge different cultures into his understanding of the Hebrew humanities and Jewish theology, which were his main disciplinary interests. Through cross-cultural learning, Maimonides was able to translate Muslim and Greek knowledge into Jewish life, marking one of the greatest transmissions of ideas the world had ever seen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/craig-considine/guiding-jewish-muslim-relations_b_4210938.html

In his 2006 book, “Among the Righteous,†Robert Satloff, director of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, uncovered stories of Arabs who saved Jews during the Holocaust, and included a chapter on the Grand Mosque. Dalil Boubakeur, the current rector, confirmed to him that some Jews  up to 100 perhaps  were given Muslim identity papers by the mosque, without specifying a number. Mr. Boubakeur said individual Muslims brought Jews they knew to the mosque for help, and the chief imam, not Benghabrit, was the man responsible.

Mr. Boubakeur showed Mr. Satloff a copy of a typewritten 1940 Foreign Ministry document from the French Archives. It stated that the occupation authorities suspected mosque personnel of delivering false Muslim identity papers to Jews. “The imam was summoned, in a threatening manner, to put an end to all such practices,†the document said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/04/movies/how-a-paris-mosque-sheltered-jews-in-the-holocaust.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&/

And reminder for you as well

In the holiest place of all Christendom, a single Muslim holds the key, Christians fight with one another, and Jewish police intervene -- among the Christians -- to keep the peace. The Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the site of Christ's burial and resurrection, is also one of the most ironic places in all Christendom.

2012073623ladder-p.jpg

Fights over seemingly trivial issues are part of the reason why this ladder hasn't moved in 255 years and a Muslim is entrusted with the keys to the door.

Each day, the story reports, a Muslim man, and the only man with permission to wield the keys, unlocks and opens the door to the Church, while three factions within the church vie for control in disputes that frequently leave the church in disrepair and occasionally result in altercations, requiring Israeli police come to mediate the conflict.

It is, in every way, a microcosm of what's wrong with the Holy Land. A region that should be sacred to Jews, Christians, and Muslims, is frequently at the heart of sometimes violent disputes.

The Holy Land's problems, exacerbated by violence, are bizarre to say the least, which is part of the reason why this  peculiar arrangement exists at the church.

Every morning, a monk must come to the door which is unlocked by a Muslim man who holds the keys to the church. Muslims have been entrusted with the keys since 1187, primarily because the various Christian factions which reside in the church cannot agree to nearly anything, and therefore to keep the church and its shrine open, the keys are entrusted to a Muslim family. According to historical records, and Adeeb Jawad Joudeh, who holds the keys, they have been handed down from one generation to the next, since being given to the family in 1187 by Sultan Saladin.

But the heart of the problem is the constant feuding between the Christians entrusted with keeping the site. The church is manned by monks from various Christian religious communities, mostly from the  the Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches. They include the Franciscan order of the Latin Church as well as monks from various Eastern and Oriental rites of the Church. Protestants have no presence there.

The disagreements between the monks are often so bad that on several notable occasions in recent history, physical conflicts have erupted between the monks and the Israeli police have had to come in to restore order.

http://www.catholic.org/news/international/middle_east/story.php?id=47107

So now you're telling me what I meant to say?  :lmao:

by the way, stop flooding every single comment with 1325265 articles to prove your point. It's getting boring here going through all this bull****.

Dolev

Stop this stupid washbrain, we both knows that the media doesn't show what's really goin on with this conflict.

please lock this topic because people in here trying with wrong thoughts and I can prove you in 10000 info that I have but I won't do it just like anybody else in israel doesn't show becuase we're stupid becuase israeli people don't know how to explain the situation like the palestinans do.

delete this topic no politics in here! please lock this topic people in here don't know the truth and they'll never know what is it.

I'm just gonna put it in here... http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4593099,00.html

and lock this topic!

inb4 lego points you out for using Ynet while he uses Ma'an.  :smh:

DORd

inb4 lego points you out for using Ynet while he uses Ma'an.  :smh:

I don't care I don't gonna reply anymore about any of this subject im just gonna say that it's allllllllllllll fake info it's a media war  that trying to put people against israeli people and I DONT support it, I guess I'm the only one who knows whats really going on in here.

Bye, paws up, NO MORE POLITICS LOCK THIS TOPIC PLEASE!