Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Bey-Z Tour Sales not Slaying

craig

Featured Posts

http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/06/16/beyonce-jay-z-tour-selling-slowly-tabloid-gossip-may-be-to-juice-sales

Beyonce is pregnant! Jay Z is cheating! Beyonce is cheating! Solange, Beyonce’s sister, is fighting with Jay! The headlines are all over the internet and splashed on the supermarket rag racks.

Is any of it true? No, none of it. Here’s what is true: tickets are selling slow as molasses for the Jay Z-Beyonce “On the Run†tour of stadiums that’s set to start in 10 days.

Right now, there are over 11,000 tickets in motion on StubHub for the couple’s July 11th show at MetLife Stadium in the Meadowlands. Several more thousand are available for the second show, on July 12th.

Even on Ticketmaster.com’s own system, a quick check shows a very bald stadium, with lots of tickets for sale and official resale. Right now, getting to see the first couple of modern R&B is pretty simple. And relatively inexpensive.

All told, Beyonce and Jay Z are going to play 17 stadium dates in the US and two in Canada beginning June 25 in Miami. But right now, tickets are available in every city and at every price.

What’s happening? Over saturation. Jay Z played a year long tour with Justin Timberlake, for an album– “Magna Carta Holy Grailâ€â€“ that was given away for free by Samsung. Beyonce already toured. She just finished the worldwide “Mrs. Carter†tour in March 2014. It took in over $229 million.

Even with her “Visual†album scoring a big first month last December, Beyonce just hasn’t had a breakout single like “Single Ladies†or “Crazy in Love.†The album is off the top 200 for a while now. Jay Z’s is long gone.

Maybe this would have worked at smaller venues.

And the gossip? With no denials, but lots of “unnamed sources,†my guess it’s mostly made up to keep some interest in the couple while they’re on tour. Just wait for some “staged†episodes to lure in passive ticketholders.

Meantime, surprise, guess who’s doing well? Lady Gaga. Her tour has sold very well, and the number of available seats going into each show is fairly normal. Maybe that’s because her audience has been pining for her since illness took Gaga off the road a year ago.

Absence does make the heart grow fonder !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Beyonce has been set up as #1 anything short of total success will be reported as a semi-failure. Even though she's selling a lot of stadium seats. And Gaga doing fine and coming back will soon make a more compelling story than picking in her.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stadium thing was a bad idea, especially since they both recently toured.... also this is what they get for skipping Buffalo :awkney:

BEYONCÉ STOP SKIPPING US!!!!!!!! :EMO:

Stefani328

Someone is obviously a Gaga fan.

I love Bey but she was just on tour and so was Jay-Z. Aren't these tickets expensive? Fans aren't probably in a rush because they just saw them on tour.

poor Jay Z and Bey ................

lol who cares?

i346OH80V8N5t.gif

this article says gaga is slaying and that's what matters

so YASSS

i346OH80V8N5t.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Fizzy

YASSSS SLAY GAGA YASSSSS. GET THAT PROMO MOMMY. :bunny:

*STAN MODE OFF*

Real reaction: Happy for Gaga. :)

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

gagaisitalian

This talks about the resale sites...

This is flame-bait.

The shows are selling really well.

First row seats for Gaga's Houston show are still available.

Vernier

Is this real tho? I saw an article last week, that they were going to have the highest gross per show ever recorded or something.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Joaco95

Using StubHub as a way of dragging :smh:

ikr

This is flame-bait.

this

MJHolland

WHAT THA FOUCK ES DES? ES DES A FOUKEN JOUK?!?!?! 

This is flame-bait.

:laughga: omg

• Mills locked this topic

Archived