WOW.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterOfSpain

WOW.

Sorry I know Kosovo is next to Serbia please it was a joke don't kill me :emma:

freebit

If it's good & appeals to me I more than likely will, but that's my stance with everything. I'm hoping Gaga will bring some edge to the project tho - like more Amy Winehouse/Sam Smith, less ancient retreads performed the same way they've been performed for eons. It would be awesome if she was able to redo something and make it feel almost new, like Amy did with Valerie (but with jazz of course).

Enigmatica

Too late , you'll have to send me a foil copy of ARTPOP or else...

MonsterOfSpain

Too late , you'll have to send me a foil copy of ARTPOP or else...

Ok lemme buy my 7th copy of SLAYPOP!

Bradley

You can download it ilegally, that's what I do with every one except Gaga. :dies:

me too...exactly.

If it's good & appeals to me I more than likely will, but that's my stance with everything. I'm hoping Gaga will bring some edge to the project tho - like more Amy Winehouse/Sam Smith, less ancient retreads performed the same way they've been performed for eons. It would be awesome if she was able to redo something and make it feel almost new, like Amy did with Valerie (but with jazz of course).

She always reinvents her music. Every album is unique in their own way. Cheek to Cheek will not be an exception.

LoveandMagic

If I like the material I would buy the album. I'll probably wind up buying at least a song or two. I'd love it if there was some original songs on it though. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

djBuffoon

To the people who are voting that they never buy music: :flop:

Of course I'll buy it.

StarryNight

Actually Spain didn't recognize Kosovo so yeah  :P

nickisbiggestfan

Of course I'll buy it to add to my Gaga collection of CD's and single's, but it will probably just collect dust. Only doing it to help the Queen's first week sales.

PopBitch

Well, his last album (excluding a Spanish one) was called Duets II, released in 2011..  HIs numbers were very impressive and he debuted at number 1 on the Billboard chart, 179,000 copies.  So he should pull in a big first week, but I don't know if one like that.  He had  lot of famous artists as his duet partners on Duets II, including Gaga  not just one person.  He had Any Winehouse, John Mayer, Michael Buble, Andrea Boticelli, Queen Latifah, Carrie Underwood, and lots more.  I think if there's good songs on it, between LMs and Tony fans and then casual fans whose interest is piqued by the the songs and Gaga and Tony, it should be good numbers.

From Wiki.

"Duets II is an album by Tony Bennett, released on September 20, 2011.[5] It was released in conjunction with Bennett's 85th birthday and is a sequel to his previous duet album, Duets: An American Classic. One of the songs, "Don't Get Around Much Anymore", however, was released on iTunes as a free song on August 2, 2011.[1]

The album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, marking his first No. 1 album, selling 179,000 copies. He also became the oldest living artist to debut at No. 1 on Billboard 200.[6] It was a milestone for Bennett in that it was not only his first No. 1 album but also his first album to debut at No. 1, both at the same time. Duets II recently achieved Platinum sales status in Canada as certified by Music Canada.[7] The album won the Grammy Award for the Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album amongst 2011 releases at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards held in February 2012.

Bennett also won another 2011 Grammy at the same ceremony for his duet with Amy Winehouse for their version of the standard "Body and Soul." The duo won the Grammy for Best Pop Duo or Group Performance. "Body and Soul" was one of Amy's favorite songs, and the track, recorded in March 2011, would become Winehouse's final recording before her death just a few months later, in July of that year.[8] These two 2011 Grammy Awards were his 16th and 17th to date in his career, including a Lifetime Achievement Award, which was presented to him in 2001. "Body and Soul" was Bennett's first entry on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart in nearly 45 years.[9]"

Cody Draco

Depends on how it sounds. I don't have money to blow on a bum album. :awkney:

MonsterOfSpain

Actually Spain didn't recognize Kosovo so yeah  :P

We didn't? Flop country tbh. :emma:

Hollywoodlight

No because I don't like Tony Bennett. He's absolutely horrendous

• Mills locked this topic

Archived