💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why not just go for it all the way now?

Tropico

Featured Posts

Tropico

A lot of you are saying the era should end afer G.U.Y. Failing to take it's deserved #1 spot (I may be paraphrasing) but I think Gaga might as well go full on with the ARTPOP experience. Many artists fail to make Top 30. Yet they still release singles and make music videos. Like imagine if Katy had stopped after Unconditionally? She wouldn't have released DH one of the biggest hits of her career. So why should G.U.Y. Stop Gaga?

I think Gaga should see through her artistic vision. Like I find the theme of ARTPOP is brilliant and I think too often y'all don't look deep enough into the "my ARTPOP could mean anything". It depends on how you look at it. If you look at it just like that then you brush it off as silly but it's a genius concept (not gonna go into it with this thread). So Gaga should show the meaning of ARTPOP through more videos and ideas. There is so much more potential in ARTPOP than too just stop it rn. Like Marina and The Diamonds with Electra Heart... She obviously doesn't get Gaga/Beyonce/Katy level of success but she released lots of videos that era to go through with EH till the very end. Gaga could do the same. And some of you say "the label won't fund another expensive project" but why make it expensive? Gaga can do a lot on a budget. Any artist can.

I think ARTPOP should have more singles and videos and just let it grow. Not let it go. Too precious to just stop because of one flop single. Like Birthday didn't do great but Katy is still pushing PRISM.

I think the main problem in this fanbase is that y'all are either to use to stanning for an artist who gets #1 all the time and any time it doesn't happen the Little Drama Queens start to say "end the era". Or y'all are just so thirsty for new music you want Gaga to just end the era. :sharon:

What do you think? :artpop:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

I agree, she should move on. The abrupt ending of BTW was a disaster and I'm sure it's the reason for all the horror that followed, too. And after that, she should take at least a full year off tbh.

The problem is not chart position for me. The problem of ARTPOP is the music itself. Its so pretentious, its trying to look like somehow artistic,  but its not in any way.  The only artistic thing about this album is the cover.  :dies:   The Fame Monster had more interesting and demanding execution.

Gagz should let the actions speak for themselves. Just speaking about arts wont make your own work artistic. 

:yes: I think so too! I mean any single released would get at least a little bit of attention, which would help ARTPOP cross at least 2 million sales!

EDIT: It's not that I just care about the sales, but singles are meant to promote an album, and cutting short the era won't do her any favours. This era was poorly planned and managed- I hope the next one is executed better.

Tropico

The problem is not chart position for me. The problem of Artpop is the music itself. Its so pretentious, its trying to look like somehow artistic, but its not in any way. The only artistic thing about this album is the cover. :dies: The Fame Monster had more interesting and demanding execution.

Gagz should let the actions speak for themselves. Just speaking about arts wont make your own work artistic.

Well Gaga is an artist. So she can speak about art from an art point of view. And I don't think you exactly get ARTPOP, now do you? :excuseme:

Well Gaga is an artist. So she can speak about art from an art point of view. And I don't think you exactly get ARTPOP, now do you? :excuseme:

Its not really hard to get the concept of fusion of art and pop. But she is just too demanding righ now. She wants to show people the artistic side of mainstream pop but the GP doesnt care. Most people will care just about simple bops. 

One the other way, the concept is surely interesting. But the execution itself is very poor. The lyrics, the production is way poorer than in her last albums. And thats the reason  why the album is not liked by the GP (they want fun Gaga) or critics (the music is just not great).

MonsterOfSpain

Agreed 100% with this thread!

The problem is not chart position for me. The problem of ARTPOP is the music itself. Its so pretentious, its trying to look like somehow artistic,  but its not in any way.  The only artistic thing about this album is the cover.  :dies:   The Fame Monster had more interesting and demanding execution.

photo-26243.jpg?_r=1402749563

Tropico

I can't at labels wanting to put out more Florence and The Machine albums yet Interscope won't even let Gaga get 4. :crossed:

prince

I think that's true, ditching something part way through is not the way to succeed so she should carry on with this and end when she wants to not when she thinks something didn't go to plan or turn out how she wanted. But to be honest I personally was disappointed with ARTPOP after Applause, in that video she really didn't give a **** and fully brought these intricate elements of fine art into a pop song music video, there are even said to be 40+ cultural references to art in that video and even the make up she wore of her being a physical canvas was brilliant. Because the GP didn't respond very well Interscope I think told her to ditch this Art fusion and focus fully on the Pop so then we ended up with Koons ball plastered on random things, next to nothing artistic with Marina and less artistic performances than her other albums, they were basically compensating and just putting random blue gazing balls and the word Art on things. Even the ArtRave is about the music, the stage is amazing but TBTWB and TMB were more artistic than this. ARTPOP has gone and we just have Pop now, if she wants to move than do it because the album didn't get the justice and work it deserved not because it didn't do well in the charts

Noula Corleone

I think that we just can't enjoy the era. We always want more and more new stuff and that's pretty sad.

Tropico

I think that's true, ditching something part way through is not the way to succeed so she should carry on with this and end when she wants to not when she thinks something didn't go to plan or turn out how she wanted. But to be honest I personally was disappointed with ARTPOP after Applause, in that video she really didn't give a **** and fully brought these intricate elements of fine art into a pop song music video, there are even said to be 40+ cultural references to art in that video and even the make up she wore of her being a physical canvas was brilliant. Because the GP didn't respond very well Interscope I think told her to ditch this Art fusion and focus fully on the Pop so then we ended up with Koons ball plastered on random things, next to nothing artistic with Marina and less artistic performances than her other albums, they were basically compensating and just putting random blue gazing balls and the word Art on things. Even the ArtRave is about the music, the stage is amazing but TBTWB and TMB were more artistic than this. ARTPOP has gone and we just have Pop now, if she wants to move than do it because the album didn't get the justice and work it deserved not because it didn't do well in the charts

I see your point and I too wanted more art in this era. Applause era was packed with art but then maybe interscope did try and kill the art.

BUT I don't think it's too late. There is still a chance to bring art into pop culture like she did with Applause.

Idk but I am not ready to let go of this flawless concept. :emo:

Archived