Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Will Gaga ever top Poker Face commercially?

SIRE

Featured Posts

the obsession with sells and commercial appeal in this forum is annoying. WHO CARES. Listen to the music that you enjoy.

how is anyone supposed to make an educated guess though?

This is pop music. Widespread is Its power. Still some monsters want her to become neglected gay diva. Does she deserve it?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

The best is yet to come. The best, but probably not the most commercially viable. Gaga is primed to break the mold yet again very soon, but I don't see her hitting those insane heights of popularity again. And frankly, I don't care.

The Professor

well you probably have no life I assume, I mean unless you plan to make a career out of it? How much or little an artist sells still doesn't reflect onto your life. Are you getting paid??? 

You seem bothered. Why does it matter to you what their opinion is. DOES THIS REFLECT ONTO YOUR LIFE?

I also care about sales because i want the best for Gaga and her career. Also more sales = bigger budgets = better music videos = better tours... the list goes on and on. 

Wet Fire

Why not? :shrug: Though it's not going to happen anytime soon, but after a few years, when Lady Gaga will have been proved that commercial underperformance cannot stop her music, she will have chances to have monsterous hits again. There is always uncertainity about most of the things, but with perfect steps, Gaga can outsell Poker Face too.

Wet Fire

How has Poker Face sold more than BR, but BR got a diamond digital award? :huh:

In the US, songs are not certified solely based on the sales. Sales, Youtube views, streams, radio airplays - all contribute to the charting. So even though Poker Face has sold mare than any other Gaga song, thanks to the overwhelming Youtube views of Bad Romance, that Bad Romance is certified diamond.

JustPokeHerFace

No. The smash hits today are starting to decline in sales, so unless she releases something that s*its bricks on the rest of the music industry internationally or comes up with an unheard-of promotion plan, it won't happen. I'd love for it to, though. I think that she has the potential to get another 10m seller WW, but maybe not a 14m-15m seller. 

In the US, songs are not certified solely based on the sales. Sales, Youtube views, streams, radio airplays - all contribute to the charting. So even though Poker Face has sold mare than any other Gaga song, thanks to the overwhelming Youtube views of Bad Romance, that Bad Romance is certified diamond.

Oh, I thought the digital diamond award was just based on digital sales. Thanks for clearing that up!

Wet Fire

Oh, I thought the digital diamond award was just based on digital sales. Thanks for clearing that up!

You're welcome ;)

LaLuna

She destroyed her career with born this way so 

giphy.gif

Ugh, some people can be so overdramatic on this forum :fail:

She did NOT destroy her career. She might have been overexposed during the BTW era, which led to people getting sick of her, and as a result she's going through a bit of a lull right now. But that was bound to happen at some point. There was no way she could've stayed on top forever. But that is not to say she will never top Poker Face, Maybe she will, maybe she won't, who knows. But to say that she destroyed her career is just a gross overstatement. She's still relevant, she still gets people talking, she still has fans. And just because ARTPOP underperformed doesn't mean all of her subsequent albums will. Sheesh.

GypsyPrince

Am I the only one with the unpopular opinion that Poker Face isn't even in her Top 10 best songs?

:toofunny:

xzxyyxzx

Am I the only one with the unpopular opinion that Poker Face isn't even in her Top 10 best songs?

:toofunny:

I'm with you, I really can't listen to any song off TF anymore they're so... Different now

Archived