Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Best Gaga album theme?

Bambino

97 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Gaga album theme?

• The Fame: feeling like a celebrity
    • The Fame Monster: fear of fame
    • Born This Way: equality/be yourself
    • ARTPOP:... anything (:awkney:)

Featured Posts

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
destructivelove

TFM tbh

Fear is the kind of feeling that can change you forever and it's a big factor in our development of personality.

ARTPOP is great but it has the worst theme of all albums.

The word music already contains the old greek words " art of muses".

Every piece of music is a piece of art, but it's not always good art.

Gaga has always made art, I see no point in calling an album ARTPOP.

I'm ready for the stones :laughga:

no stones hun... I for one agree 100%. They can stone us both together

Antidote

BTW. It brought us so much closer to her and she empowered so many young people.

Also loved the dark Fame Monster theme

MonsterRocket

I guess that's more like your conclussion, which is great of course, but i think Gaga has never been really clear about the concept. She loves to talk about it, but she has said so many different things that don't have connection between each other that is hard to understand its true meaning.

djBuffoon

I guess that's more like your conclussion, which is great of course, but i think Gaga has never been really clear about the concept. She loves to talk about it, but she has said so many different things that don't have connection between each other that is hard to understand its true meaning.

That is true, but I think that all of her various interpretations (possibilities, art into pop culture, exposing her brain as it is now) all do figure into one central idea. Problem is, that idea is so abstract, so all-encompassing, it's abstract and difficult to express in the span of a 10 minute interview. Hell, even a 30 minute interview.

Bambino

Bamb, you could try harder with the AP description lol. I mean, it's prob her most blatantly autobiographical and self-reflective work.

ARTPOP was putting art into pop, the reverse of what Warhol was doing.

It's not really reflected on the songs. There are great songs like Applause and Venus that may have a bit of what you're talking about but then there are songs like Donatella and J&D. I'm not sure I exactly get what she was trying to say/convey through ARTPOP.

djBuffoon

It's not really reflected on the songs. There are great songs like Applause and Venus that may have a bit of what you're talking about but then there are songs like Donatella and J&D. I'm not sure I exactly get what she was trying to say/convey through ARTPOP.

I posted it before, but give this (http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/102321-what-does-it-mean-long-ish-read/) a read and tell me what you think. :yes:

Bambino

I posted it before, but give this (http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/102321-what-does-it-mean-long-ish-read/) a read and tell me what you think. :yes:

I read it :) Nice interpretation.

You said this:

But in my opinion, it’s about creating from what you know. It’s about bringing yourself to the table and showing what you are made of, without compromise.

... which is pretty much also means that ARTPOP is really anything. Coming from what you said, showing whatever you have could really be anything, especially when you put it like that. I wouldn't say that ARTPOP being anything is random, but definitely diverse and made for any taste and anybody. See the way you describe some tracks in your thread. It's obvious.

Daenerys

The epicness of BTW gives me life! Rebels! NO ONE CAN MAKE ME TAKE OFF MY LEATHER! Heavy Metal LUH-VUH! :party:

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

djBuffoon

... which is pretty much also means that ARTPOP is really anything. Coming from what you said, showing whatever you have could really be anything, especially when you put it like that. I wouldn't say that ARTPOP being anything is random, but definitely diverse and made for any taste and anybody. See the way you describe some tracks in your thread. It's obvious.

Elsewhere in the article, I specified that, unlike her previous albums, this was a snapshot of Gaga as she is in the immediate present (or as she was at the time of the conception). It was an honest, accessible distillation of herself now, not what she wants to be or how she viewed herself at 19.

Archived