Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

so is g.u.y. dead?

JSRD

Featured Posts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
barnabesk

An amazing song and video almost nobody knew the existence of. Let's continue promoting Asia puppy pin wheels instead

:applause:

Arturo

yes

I am not a marketing expert, no do I want to tell Gaga and her team what to do. But releasing a Video in March and sending the song to radios in May seems a bit off to me. So, yes, G.U.Y. is pretty much dead. Let's move on and wait for the next single. I will enjoy ARTPOP while waiting :legend:

That hardly had anything to do with it. If radio was going to pick it up, they would've picked it up regardless of the video date.

N a t h a n

Unfortunately yes, it was not a successful single. Interscope records pulled the plug. We are not sure yet if ARTPOP is gonna have another single.

Wow I didn't know they pulled it, ARTPOP realy IS dead... :(

TraeumereiLPB

yes

That hardly had anything to do with it. If radio was going to pick it up, they would've picked it up regardless of the video date.

Thank you for clarifying :) I was always wondering if the late impact date had anything to do with the chart performance. I have no clue how these things work, as I rarely pay attention to the charts. The G.U.Y. situation is hard to ignore, though.

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

barely played 3-4 times on my local radio when it was out and never heard it on, ever since.

Arturo

Thank you for clarifying :) I was always wondering if the late impact date had anything to do with the chart performance. I have no clue how these things work, as I rarely pay attention to the charts. The G.U.Y. situation is hard to ignore, though.

Yeah. Several radio programmers on twitter voiced their distaste for it. One pretty much said "It just doesn't sound like a hit". He then went on to say that Applause and Do What U Want DID sound like hits, which is why they played them.

But it's sort of a contradiction because if radio just would've *****d G.U.Y out as much as Applause it would've become at least a moderate hit regardless of whether it "sounded like a hit".

To sum it up, radio has all the power. They make hits.  

Archived