đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why do people on GGD or in general drag ARTPOP?

GagaUnderYou

Featured Posts

Wet Fire

It's masterpiece. :gaga: It's artistic, natural and still pop. :yes: The themes are very well executed in each song and each song is made at its best.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slayer

I love the album and I don't understand people who say her music isn't as good as it used to be. Sure, there's no Poker Face or Bad Romance on ARTPOP, but the overall quality of the songs is still very high, IMO. There are fewer 'skippable' songs than The Fame and BTW - for me at least.

I believe the era would have gone much better if she had released Gypsy as a lead single. It would have smashed. But unfortunately I just don't think this album was meant to be. It was doomed the moment it was called ARTPOP. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canĘąt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Schwerk

I think its mostly due to high expectations.

The title for many implied more experimental music.

Plus in my case, I expected it too be part of a bigger, more cohesive project that was a mixture of art pop and technology, but sadly it all didn't really come together.

But each on it's on her work this era to me is amazing.

Sometimes wishes she would've save the title ARTPOP for a little while longer.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Celina

This album was hyped too much and when you label music as art you really are raising the bar very high.

The music basically is not fantastic it's good but it isn't anything exceptional and isn't close to art.

I think had Gaga spoken less about "art" and maybe toned down some of her stunts/performances e.g. the being vomited on stage and here twitter rants maybe people would of focused more on the music and liked her more.

Personally I think she needs an image ovehaul. 

I think she should tone her image down - she actually is quite attractive when she goes for the natural look. Jeans and a tshirt and singing acoustic without all the distractions IMO would be a great start to win people back. It would be ideal to show casual fans and non fans that she is talented.

The main reason people are calling it a flop [i think flop is a strong word though] is compared to even just born this way the CD has sold like 1/4 - 1/3 of that.

The non single tracks on ARTPOP are the real gems on the CD like ARTPOP, Sexx Dreams and Gypsy.

A few questions... How is it not art when she puts so much dedication, work, and thought into creating the music (as well as her other mediums of expression)? I do agree that it harmed the perception of the album in general, but I don't think it was justified.

Also, do you really feel that others' misconceptions are more important than who she is and the visions she has for her work? I'm sure she wouldn't think of them as "distractions," and I would personally lose a lot of respect for her if she gave up what she loves just to pander to the GP.

People who said that ARTPOP was amazing when it leaked were just going off the hype of new material from Gaga. Deep down that's not what they thought and i'm sure if you were to ask them now their opinions would be very different.

ARTPOP better than TFM...what a joke

/END THREAD

They wanted to like it but really didn't and in the end it became obvious with lack of interest in the rest of the era entirely. Even fans and stans alike realized how little REPLAY value ARTPOP had after the initial hype of her releasing music nosedived

MurderLipstick

I have never hated on a Gaga album before and won't start to. I think people forget the big picture and that we will keep getting Gaga music for a long time. Sit back and enjoy the present instead of comparing to the past and thinking about the future.

aussie27

A few questions... How is it not art when she puts so much dedication, work, and thought into creating the music (as well as her other mediums of expression)? I do agree that it harmed the perception of the album in general, but I don't think it was justified.

Also, do you really feel that others' misconceptions are more important than who she is and the visions she has for her work? I'm sure she wouldn't think of them as "distractions," and I would personally lose a lot of respect for her if she gave up what she loves just to pander to the GP.

Firstly, she had gone on and on and on about the ART a lot of artists put just as much effort into their craft and don't go on about the ART.  A real artist doesn't tell everyone hat their work is art they let the work speak for itself.

Secondly, all the distractions take away from the substance of her talent.

Finally, I think stripping it back is a positive it will highlight that behind the costumes there is a talented artist.

We will disagree but that's ok!

I think she gets better with every album. I never doubted ARTPOP musically. It's her best for me, although not the charts. But who cares!

**** pop music, this is ARTPOP :kissga:

MurderLipstick

I think she gets better with every album. I never doubted ARTPOP musically. It's her best for me, although not the charts. But who cares!

**** pop music, this is ARTPOP :kissga:

Well said!

Celina

Firstly, she had gone on and on and on about the ART a lot of artists put just as much effort into their craft and don't go on about the ART.  A real artist doesn't tell everyone hat their work is art they let the work speak for itself.

Secondly, all the distractions take away from the substance of her talent.

Finally, I think stripping it back is a positive it will highlight that behind the costumes there is a talented artist.

We will disagree but that's ok!

I hope you don't mind me pestering you again, but I think I should clarify a few points I made (and I just like discussing things, so hello again)  :sweat:

You have a point about talking about art. I'm not sure I can blame her since people don't always take pop singers seriously (maybe with good reason in general, but unfortunately people like Gaga have to deal with it as well). I was disagreeing with the notion that what she does isn't art, not the fact that she was talking a lot about it. ;)

And don't get me wrong! I don't think a "stripped down" Gaga would be negative. I'm just surprised to see such sentiments since she seems to genuinely love and believe in everything she does... A sudden change into jeans & t-shirts and fully acoustic albums just wouldn't seem natural, at least not when she still has so much passion for all the visuals and performances. Of course you can have your preference, and everything she does shouldn't have to be your cup of tea. What makes me uncomfortable is the idea of Gaga giving up her cup of tea in regards to her own career, unless she shows that she's ready to move on.

Tbh I don't think the stuff beyond the music can be used as an excuse to not acknowledge her musical talent. I'm sure you're right regarding the response it would get from a lot of people, though.

aussie27

I hope you don't mind me pestering you again, but I think I should clarify a few points I made (and I just like discussing things, so hello again)  :sweat:

You have a point about talking about art. I'm not sure I can blame her since people don't always take pop singers seriously (maybe with good reason in general, but unfortunately people like Gaga have to deal with it as well). I was disagreeing with the notion that what she does isn't art, not the fact that she was talking a lot about it. ;)

And don't get me wrong! I don't think a "stripped down" Gaga would be negative. I'm just surprised to see such sentiments since she seems to genuinely love and believe in everything she does... A sudden change into jeans & t-shirts and fully acoustic albums just wouldn't seem natural, at least not when she still has so much passion for all the visuals and performances. Of course you can have your preference, and everything she does shouldn't have to be your cup of tea. What makes me uncomfortable is the idea of Gaga giving up her cup of tea in regards to her own career, unless she shows that she's ready to move on.

Tbh I don't think the stuff beyond the music can be used as an excuse to not acknowledge her musical talent. I'm sure you're right regarding the response it would get from a lot of people, though.

No probs I like a healthy debate. I am just a casual fan. I like things about her and there are things I don't. 

I am trying to give you a perspective from someone who doesn't love every aspect about her.

I think stripping down is something she is doing especially with the Tony Bennett "Cheek To Cheek" release. I am however, a little concerned to why there has been a delay to its release I am assuming maybe it will get a Xmas release which I think is a great move.

I personally think the outfits are getting a little desperate now. Some of them are interesting but to me I think Gaga looks a little bored with the outfits. Think about it - the amount of preparation required to organise the outfits and just getting changed would take a long time. Originally, I think it was a marketing tactic and since the new management I think the looks as a whole haven't been as well executed. One awards show Gaga wore just a long black wig and black outfit and she looked stunning.

Sometimes an artist must change to gain new fans and to excite her current fan base. This era has been very sloppy on a variety of levels: e.g. choice of singles/dwuw - video not being released/long period b/w singles etc. I think her latest CD has some very good songs which have been ignored.

One Five Ten

It's really truly a bandwagon. If ARTPOP had sold 1m first week, all the LMs would be praising it as the second coming. Since it "flopped", they all claim to hate it. 

It's not my favourite Gaga album, I really LOVE it. And it's sure as hell better than The Fame which really does get too much praise, even though its still a fab pop record.

Houdini

In all honestly, the ARTPOP era is her weakness one. It's messy.

I'm sure she will stands up again after it

Archived