💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Disney's MALEFICENT

MaxPOP

Featured Posts

Babel

The visuals are stunning, really good work on it.

I think they portrayed the movie a little too much dark, and it didn't live for that kind of expectation, but regardless the movie is good. It shows a different side of Maleficient, and I loved that.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
APPLAUSE4YOU

4.5/5 stars. Angelina Jolie is the best Maleficent anyone could ever dream for.

I am a huge Maleficent fan. We're talking like, 'favourite character from anything ever'. I went to Disneyland Paris with school and spent the whole 2 days trying (and failing) to find and meet her. Luckily we got to see her in the flame outfit before her float was cut from the Once Upon A Dream parade. :party:

Being such a devotee to the 'Mistress of All Evil', I was definitely worried about this movie. Excited, obviously - I've been following this movie for years, since back when we thought Tim Burton was going to direct. But I was cautious: I've never been a huge Jolie fan, and I was worried that giving Maleficent a motive for being evil would ruin some of her mystique and general bad-assery for me. Part of the attraction was always that she was just evil. 

Nevertheless, today I went to see the film. I can honestly say - as a university level film student - that I absolutely adored the film. The beginning was a little slow but they acknowledged this before the release of the movie and I was not too disappointed. The rest of the film was just brilliant to me. I was the last person to expect myself to fall for a more sentimental and misunderstood Maleficent, but the movie was so well-made that they had me hook, like and sinker.

I went to watch the movie under the assumption that nothing would come close to Audley's original Maleficent, and left completely enamoured with the new Jolie incarnation. I would even go as far as to say that I preferred Jolie's representation.

Obviously, it's a matter of taste. But I feel that the movie gave Maleficent's character so much more depth and really enhanced the traditional fairytale of Sleeping Beauty, giving the somewhat stale narrative a much-needed and well-deserved revamp. Please do not pay attention to online reviews until seeing the film for yourself... Like me, you may be surprised! 

I loved it, still.

From what I've seen it's getting mixed reviews, but personally I loved it. Sleeping Beauty was my favorite movie as a child, so I was curious to see how they were going to revisit such a classic. I wasn't expecting the original story to be almost completely changed, but it was a pleasant surprise. I love when villains have a good reason for being evil, and also that the movie teaches young girls that love at first sight doesn't necessarily mean true love and that they should be careful who they give their heart to.

And I'm not Angelina Jolie's biggest fan, but she's absolutely incredible as Maleficent.

Also, I'm obsessed with Lana's rendition of Once Upon a Dream, so beautiful and haunting :giveup:

I loved it to!

The visuals are stunning, really good work on it.

I think they portrayed the movie a little too much dark, and it didn't live for that kind of expectation, but regardless the movie is good. It shows a different side of Maleficient, and I loved that.

i like it a lot, even shes not evil, as u said was diferent but good ^_^ :worship:

loved it.

me to! my friend

4.5/5 stars. Angelina Jolie is the best Maleficent anyone could ever dream for.

visual effects was amazing <3 and the her baby on the movie was unexpected, so gorgeous <3

MelbHawker

I'll be seeing this after exams. I can't wait. I love Queen Angelina, and I love Queen Maleficent. I can't wait!!

Stephen

It wasn't as dark as I expected, but it was fun, entertaining, and even touching. I loved it.

MegaMiles

This movie really surprised me. Don't listen to critics and watch it yourself because it was a pretty great movie. I really loved how Jolie portrayed Maleficent and she definitely makes the film.

Runway

Watched it 3 times already :awesome: still my favorite part is when Maleficent curses Aurora. Angelina SLAYED that entire scene :legend:

One Five Ten

I agree with the critics on this one, I don't see what y'all are freaking over.

Angelina turned in an amazing portrayal and the effects are fabulous, but the storyline was all over the place, and Elle Fanning as Aurora might have been one of the most annoying characters I've ever seen put to screen. And I absolutely LOVED her in Super 8. 

6/10

I watched it yesterday in 3D and I must say it was every bit as amazing as I thought it to be. Angelina as Maleficent was pure joy for the eye and the ear. The effects were good and there were no objects popping out of the screen, but the extra dimension definitely gave the movie extra depth.

The ending... it was definitely unexpected. Or at least for me.

If you're hesitating whether to go watch it or not, go and watch it. If it isn't too expensive for you and if it is possible, watch it in IMAX 3D. For me, the regular 3D screen was kinda small. 

RAMROD

Really pleasant film tbh.

Jolie killing it!!

Loving the plot twist.

Love the visuals, so pretty!

Loving everything!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Watching it in 10 minutes! Hope it slè! :excited2:

EDIT: OMG THE MOVIE IS SO FABULOUS I CAN'T CONTAIN MYSELF. IT IS SO WONDERFULLLLLLLL!!!!! :GIVEUP:

• 2 weeks later...
Spyro

hi everyone.  I just got back from watching Maleficent, and it was sooooo good, a lil cheesy but still great.

One question, why didn't king stephen just put Aurora somewhere remote the day BEFORE her 16th birthday, instead of, you know, her whole life!  That part didn't make sense too me.  When she's old enough she'll understand why, instead of cluelessly going to the kingdom of all days. :x

Spyro the Dragon

RAMROD

hi everyone. I just got back from watching Maleficent, and it was sooooo good, a lil cheesy but still great.

One question, why didn't king stephen just put Aurora somewhere remote the day BEFORE her 16th birthday, instead of, you know, her whole life! That part didn't make sense too me. When she's old enough she'll understand why, instead of cluelessly going to the kingdom of all days. :x

Because the curse will break after she passed her 16.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

htrllllsem

Because wasn't it if she got her finger poked by one of this thingies? Or was the prophesy already due On her actual birthday?

or I think it's because in the original film, she didn't live with her royal family but she was still a princess. I guess they tried to explain it

Archived