Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why does Mary Jane Holland fall flat?

HarryTheNight

Do you find MJH forgettable/filler-esque?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find MJH forgettable/filler-esque?

• YAAAAAAAS
    • nein, i love it

Featured Posts

HarryTheNight

When we first got the snippet for MJH i was like wow this sounds EPIC, clever lyrics, crazy and interesting beat, catchy chorus, well thought out (the little details and background vocals)

but when we got the full thing.. I barely even remembered it existed after listening to the full album (along with Fashion!) Idk, I feel like it has everything going for it but its just forgettable and filler-esque for some reason.

Obviously a lot of people will feel differently and love it but if i recall correctly a few people do feel this way and i remember after the Ampya listening party a lot of people that went couldn't really give a good description of the song because they forgot about it :toofunny:

Thoughts?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the chorus is a highlight of the album... it's so smooth and makes me wanna grind tbh. 

Pure Adrenaline

no MJH slays and u'll deal with it #DOPE :legend:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Babel

Fashion! and Donatella are filler-esque.

MJH is one of the best songs on the album.

Batwings

When I first heard about MJH, I thought, "Oh, great, a weed song. Really, Gaga?" It turned out to be one of my favorite songs on the album.

HausOfGuy

the snippet we got is not any different from the rest of the song, it represented the song pretty well so idk what u mean by saying the whole song sounded forgettable.

Blue Jeans

Its the most Epic song on the album and you will SEETHE

XxmxijD.gif

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

TraeumereiLPB

Ever since I first heard the snippet, it's been stuck in my head. Definitely one of ARTPOPs highlights :legend:

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

Staryu

I was slayed the first time I heard it, but my love for it kinda went down after that for some reason. :shrug: I even find Donatella and Fashion! a lot less forgettable than MJH. :sweat: It's still a pretty good song.

Haldy

Mary Jane Holland's the albums highlight. The production is mind-melting and the lyrics/vocals slip perfectly between smooth and manic. It really does encapsulate her kind of d--g-induced free fall amazingly, which hits extra hard when Dope kicks in afterwards.

Plus, it feels like HML/Bloody Mary's next step, just like DWUW felt like Starstruck/SHICD's next step. Can't wait to hear what she does with the sound next.

The instrumental is flawless and the beginning is great, but that HORRENDOUS bridge ("My mom and dad think I'm a mess..") destroys the song. 

So cringeworthy. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

SonOfAphrodite

Played it at a party and everyone started grinding  :toofunny:

HarryTheNight

Fashion! and Donatella are filler-esque.

MJH is one of the best songs on the album.

i'll agree those two do aswell even though i love Donatella, its certainly not the most well done song, i wonder how i would feel about MJH if it was placed differently on the album, maybe its just the way its tracklisted that makes me forget about it.

Archived