💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Anyone else here loves black-, rnb- hip-hop, rap music ?

Blunt

Featured Posts

Brandon

Yes I do. Trey Songz, Tyga, Juicy J, Nicki Minaj, Drake, R. Kelly, Chris Brown, Usher, Riri. :legend:

I hate Eminem though.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stefani328

I only like Eminem, Ludacris, Tupac, Faith Evans, & R.Kelly.

Black music? Anyone can enjoy music.

brizoda

I really like Hip Hop and R&B

These are artists that i like in 2014 :

Ciara, A$ap Ferg, Homeboy Sandman, Fuse ODG, Janelle Monáe, Le1f, Pusha T, Skin Town, Angel Hazem, Childish Gambino, Daley

"black music" :awkney:

'black music?' :eww:

Rnb hiphop and rap were called black music back in the day

Aggiegemini

I do actually but I'm not feeling the new artists that much.

I still listen to LL, TuPac, Biggie, SWV, Foxy Brown etc.

OMG  :worship:  :applause:

Jewels n Drugs

Just cuz im black i have i like hip-hop ? It just so happens i do lol. Might offend some people sis

I only like Eminem, Ludacris, Tupac, Faith Evans, & R.Kelly.

Black music? Anyone can enjoy music.

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Stefani328

Just cuz im black i have i like hip-hop ? It just so happens i do lol. Might offend some people sis

I was referring to the OP saying "black music". I just don't think music should be labeled as being enjoyed by a certain racial group

Did you read my post wrong?

MonsterMum

OMG  :worship:  :applause:

I'm an old skool gal ;)

It's probably not my place to say something about it since I am white.

But in the 90s it was often said that way, RnB/ hip hop =black music. And it was not racist at all, it was reaffirming African American cultural values through music, it was owned proudly and accepted. 

Karandr

Black people music wow... wow. It probably wasn't your intention but saying it like that makes you seem very ignorant and dismissive of the rich history and diversity in these mediums.

Hip-hop is a style of music (and other art forms), rapping is a style of lyric delivery (spoken or chanted rhythmic lyrics) commonly used in hip-hop music, and R&B is another style of music that takes influence from hip-hop, soul, funk and others.

With that said, I'm a big fan of contemporary hip-hop, especially when artists have distinctive lyric delivery -- I love Kanye's accent quirks and wordplay. I know a lot of people preach about the classics but it's never been my preference. In terms of R&B, Janelle Monae is one of my favourite artists -- she's got so much energy, it's incredible. Erykah Badu is really spectacular as well, her voice is so warm. 

I think writing off a whole genre or related genres is really silly because you limit yourself :) 

Archived